Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 21, 2016 at 6:38 PM Post #24,151 of 35,472
Guys, I need your advice. Is there some Chinese headphone amp that would complement my Soundmagic HP150, that has good SQ and doesn't cost an arm and a leg? I have an ELE EL-D01 DAC atm, out of my laptop, so it doesn't have to be a portable solution. If there is some other good dac that'd fit the description I'm interested as well, but I'm primarily looking to get a decent amp. 

I'd recommend Topping NX1 or NX2.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:12 PM Post #24,152 of 35,472

If you can use Auvio tips, I used them on my coworkers Z03A when he got them and it instantly fixed the treble. OOTB with stock tips it was too harsh for me but still sounded good. 

I've ordered a few sets of the Ostry tuning tips. I"m still awaiting delivery. Curious to know whether they're any good. As I'm living in Europe Auvios are more difficult to obtain. Will try to order them somewhere as long as the price is not too high.

I must say that burn-in really helps and this was not a case of brain burn-in. The harshness really went away after +200h. The tips that work best now for me are those that came with Philips Fidelio S1.

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #24,153 of 35,472
I'd recommend Topping NX1 or NX2.

I already have the NX1, I was thinking more along the lines of something bigger, less portable, if it'd be worth it SQ-wise. :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:23 PM Post #24,154 of 35,472

About how many hours are on your Puros? They actually need at least 200 too, to sound their best IMO. They got noticeably better with the burn in for me, micro details started showing up.
If you can use Auvio tips, I used them on my coworkers Z03A when he got them and it instantly fixed the treble. OOTB with stock tips it was too harsh for me but still sounded good. 

Quite a few hours on the Puro's... I burned them in for days and I think they have stabilized into their sound. 

I had the Auvio tips on the Z03A from minute one but tried the stock Puro tip and it worked out for me. The Auvio sounded excellent as well but I just prefer the Puro. 

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:52 PM Post #24,156 of 35,472
Looks like there is a big discount this AE 6th Anniversary. I'm planning to purchase LZ-Z02A or LZ-Z03A.
Can you guys give me some recommendations about these two?
Or are there any other IEMs worth considering in this price point? (about $25 after sales off)

If u like bright get the lz-z03a and if you like a bit of warmth get the lz-z02a simples or get advice from twin on other specials above that price range. :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 9:19 PM Post #24,157 of 35,472
hey guys so i have been away for a long time! 

been busy with life and other commitments but i thought what better way to get back to the game, then with an unboxing of the Famous VSonic VSD3S btw i compared them in the video to the old versions (VSD3s), GR07BE, VSD5

no.... its not what your thinking.... This is the 2016 or GEN 2 model of the VSD3s!

with a different tuning and different cable! THANK GOD FOR THE L SHAPE JACK! 

anywayss! enjoy!!!

Mar 21, 2016 at 11:36 PM Post #24,162 of 35,472
okay what about Joyroom-E107. also if i increased the budget to 20 would Tingo-IE-FL800 be good? so many options and i am confused now :D  

Yeah, I read good priases for that micro-dynamic,seems like a decent offering as a whole package.....you may want to take a look on these too,Tennmak dulcimer and Xiaomi hybrids.Hope you done your research piston 3 too?.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:29 AM Post #24,164 of 35,472
  So I have to ask...out of a ridiculous 1600 page thread...what is the general consensus on the over all best bang for the buck Chinese IEM?

There's no such thing, lots of options available honestly and Chinese manufacturers have improved their game in last year.

Still I'd throw out few recommendations which are popular in recent days. 

VE Monk, 

According to me the VE Monk (~$8 including shipping) is the king of VFM. More honorable mentions are Joyroom E107, KZ EDR2.

There are many more to mention. Let know  your budget bracket and accordingly people may help.

Mar 22, 2016 at 4:51 AM Post #24,165 of 35,472
Put my HE400s on Amazon for sale. The Monks are just so much better....   
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back