Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 20, 2016 at 11:14 PM Post #24,106 of 35,472
  UTTERLY off topic, but considering how evil you all are and keep showing me pretty pretty IEMs that I end up wanting to buy, I was thinking of getting a decent LOD for my ipod nano to use with my RSA Shadow for a decent sounding micro-rig.  Anyone have any thoughts on http://www.ebay.com/itm/IPOD-LINE-OUT-DOCK-LOW-PROFILE-LOD-CRYOED-PURE-COPPER-/251289767066?hash=item3a82098c9a:g:uWIAAMXQLs5RuqAN

Grab this and be done, I've been using mine for years with my 5th Gen Touch http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L-Shaped-Line-Cable-iPhone/dp/B005N6ZAT2

Mar 21, 2016 at 2:54 AM Post #24,107 of 35,472
Mar 21, 2016 at 3:16 AM Post #24,108 of 35,472
Grab this and be done, I've been using mine for years with my 5th Gen Touch http://www.amazon.com/FiiO-L-Shaped-Line-Cable-iPhone/dp/B005N6ZAT2

True,I have the straight version (L3) and its still serving me well......

Part of the reason I am debating the LOD I linked is the rig in the pictures for it is the same I'd be using, so the length of the cable feels very good.

This looks so sexy with viablue than the angled neutrik :tongue_smile:....but yeah vb is straight.:mad:

http://m.aliexpress.com/search.htm?keywords=line+out+cable+with+viablue

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:00 AM Post #24,112 of 35,472
i remember seeing one on ebay for 7$. also there is EDR2 for 5.16$ on gearbest  and i see many people recommending it on KZ thread.

looking for other recommendations. thanks!

Edr2 is also a tiny bit v shaped. Probably sounds much less aggressive than zircon, but the hds1 really is a totally different beast. Neutral with a slight mid bass bump.

Mar 21, 2016 at 5:17 AM Post #24,113 of 35,472
Edr2 is also a tiny bit v shaped. Probably sounds much less aggressive than zircon, but the hds1 really is a totally different beast. Neutral with a slight mid bass bump.

okay what about Joyroom-E107. also if i increased the budget to 20 would Tingo-IE-FL800 be good? so many options and i am confused now 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:14 AM Post #24,115 of 35,472

okay what about Joyroom-E107. also if i increased the budget to 20 would Tingo-IE-FL800 be good? so many options and i am confused now 
biggrin.gif

The JOYROOM JR-E107 is better at many aspects than some KZ at this price. At least the cable, the microdriver and Joyroom is a better accessories brand (cable, charger, etc...) 
biggrin.gif
  The QC of KZ is terrible, I've heard many guys received a faulty product of KZ, they're just fine for the price, as they're insanely cheap and sounds very decent. What I dislike of them is the somewhat muddy mid, bloated bass.
There are some guys in this thread like both the E107, FL800 a lot, you can find on some previous pages 
darthsmile.gif
 They're more expensive than those KZs, have better package, and better cables.

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:25 AM Post #24,116 of 35,472
  The JOYROOM JR-E107 is better at many aspects than some KZ at this price. At least the cable, the microdriver and Joyroom is a better accessories brand (cable, charger, etc...) 
biggrin.gif
  The QC of KZ is terrible, I've heard many guys received a faulty product of KZ, they're just fine for the price, as they're insanely cheap and sounds very decent. What I dislike of them is the somewhat muddy mid, bloated bass.
There are some guys in this thread like both the E107, FL800 a lot, you can find on some previous pages 
darthsmile.gif
 They're more expensive than those KZs, have better package, and better cables.

KZs or Joyrooms?

Mar 21, 2016 at 6:35 AM Post #24,117 of 35,472
  KZs or Joyrooms?

KZ 
wink.gif
 I don't mean to start a war, as everyone hears things differently, but those KZs have been available in my country for about a month, and they received mixed feedback (50% good 50% bad) maybe because of the price is raised to high ($20 for ED9 and ATE, that's too much). At their price point, there's nothing to complain, but they DO have more flaws when compared to some well known brands such as Soundmagic, Vsonic, ... at the same price in my country 
tongue.gif

So if you're in EU or USA, the value you can get from KZs is amazing (as their price is too LOW, with free shipping), but there're many other p/p monsters on taobao 
biggrin.gif

Mar 21, 2016 at 7:55 AM Post #24,118 of 35,472
Many of the KZ's are pretty good, especially for the price (EDSE, ED9, HDS1 come to mind). There's an entire thread about KZ that you might want to look into (http://www.head-fi.org/t/698148/knowledge-zenith-kz-impressions-thread).

But I agree that the Joyroom E107 is better than all the KZ I have, and the Tingo FL800 is even better IMHO. Mixed impressions on the FL800 though (I've seen at least one person who really disliked it), but the general impression of the E107 seems to be rather good, based on what people have said in the thread. And, of course, I tend to agree with that. :)

Mar 21, 2016 at 8:30 AM Post #24,119 of 35,472
Just saw AliExpress' 6th anniversary deals notification and browsed through EE's store. Damn, there are pretty sick discounts there. Not only EE but across AliExpress.

LZ03A with discount at $24

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back