Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2016 at 4:20 AM Post #23,507 of 35,472
  So Paulpark222 reviewed the Tennmark Piano, and I bought them primarily on his review.. My first (0 minute burn) thought was "ouch harsh treble and insufficient subbass." But as 6 hours. I think I'm already reversing those negatives. The micro-details ( as much as possible for a single dynamic) are excellent and similar to the LG Quadbeat 3. Initial impression is that it is better that the QB3, but I will wait to decide.

Are you sure you had the right tip size? I wrote on Monday that mine is bass bloated and warm. I could not find any harsh treble.

I will give them another listen at the weekend. From my first impressions I am quite disappointed. The Tennmak Piano seems to have hills and valleys in the frequency graphs. The ATE or HDS1 have a way more homogenous tuning than the Piano.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:26 AM Post #23,508 of 35,472
Hello, 1st time posting in this thread.
Ive had the blue box takstar hi2050 for about 4 months now and it's my fav non-grado headphone and even won a blindfolded test performed by myself and a few coworkers against my sennheiser hd 598. It was a tough call for all but considering the price, the fact that it was even debatable means hi 2050 wins in My eyes. I typically use them with my fiio e17 & e09k combo unit. Would you guys recommend my next buy? I'm torn between the red box hi 2050 with square holes and the takstar ts-671. Any advice appreciated, evendors if its neither of the aforementioned tskstar cans. I'm thrilled to have found this thread. 1 more "I don't buy stolen/copyright infringed products" comment from idiots after I praise takstar and my head would've exploded. Glad to find like minded ppl who seek quality at a fair price rather than overpaying some company that has them made in china, underpays factory workers then overcharges consumers and laughs all the way to the bank.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:33 AM Post #23,509 of 35,472
Hello, 1st time posting in this thread.
Ive had the blue box takstar hi2050 for about 4 months now and it's my fav non-grado headphone and even won a blindfolded test performed by myself and a few coworkers against my sennheiser hd 598. It was a tough call for all but considering the price, the fact that it was even debatable means hi 2050 wins in My eyes. I typically use them with my fiio e17 & e09k combo unit. Would you guys recommend my next buy? I'm torn between the red box hi 2050 with square holes and the takstar ts-671. Any advice appreciated, evendors if its neither of the aforementioned tskstar cans. I'm thrilled to have found this thread. 1 more "I don't buy stolen/copyright infringed products" comment from idiots after I praise takstar and my head would've exploded. Glad to find like minded ppl who seek quality at a fair price rather than overpaying some company that has them made in china, underpays factory workers then overcharges consumers and laughs all the way to the bank.

wow the high-headedness. You'd feel at home in this thread : ) 

While I understand that stealing designs is not a good idea, the reverse engineering is a practice that dates back to very old times. Remember AMD reverse engineering Intel's chip designs and emerging as a global player?

I feel that the original brands are safe even with Chinese brands copying designs. Please don't mistake this to counterfeiting. IMO if some Chinese manufacturer is copying design as well as Brand name and trying to cheat customers then it's a huge crime. In case of likes of Takstar, who sell their product under own brand shouldn't be dumped as a violator. It's not like they are fooling customers.

Heck, there's very less chance some X company in China would be able to recreate the same driver inside. We see hundreds of DIY senns these days but someone seeking original product would not consider buying a Chinese product.

Mar 9, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #23,510 of 35,472
Sorry that I am another person to mention the copyright problems, but Takstar steals desings from the top brands, especially Beyerdynamic. And when I have to choose I don't think about it and pay a little extra for a real Beyerdynamic headphone that is developed in Germany. Most of the higher models are even build in Germany. Of course these Takstar models are sounding really good for their price, but if everyone bought these, which company would develop new products and new designs any more?

And how can you even perform a blindfold test with headphones? I would always feel from the size and material of the pads and the weight on my head which headphone I am wearing. I don't think there is any possible way to eliminate the bias if you ever wore the headphones before.

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #23,511 of 35,472

For sports?......Ironically, I've been listening and burning these in (over 40 hours now) and I personally think they are the best sport "hybrid" in-ear earphones I've heard by far for under $20 US dollars.

The Kinera BD05 Sport hybrids!

At first listen, they sounded bass heavy, but not bloated. Then, after a few hours, started to balance-out with great, excellent vocals, clean treble and the soundstage started to really open up wide! And even though I'm not a big fan of sport-type earphones, these toppled my XIAOMI Quantie hybrids, REMAX RM-600M, SIDY DGS100, and SoundMAGIC PL50. With the right tips they do sound even better! Realistically, they sound more closer to my K3003 signature then any of my other hybrids.

So far, you can get them here.....

https://item.taobao.com/item.htm?spm=a230r.1.14.1.Bh1evz&id=525457247205&ns=1&abbucket=4#detail

Note:  I'm having a hard time checking if they are available anywhere else, so please feel free to post if you find another link!

Alright, back to the burner......
wink.gif

Thanks!
They look pretty good, between the W1 Pro and ATEs (as design).
How can you order from Taobao if you are in Europe or Middle East?
I searched in AE but no joy

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:27 AM Post #23,512 of 35,472
Slowly Chinese brands are getting traction though, they are no longer the old stereotype 'fake' brands. Lot of good ones are emerging, latest being LZ. They copied global brands' designs to attract customers but now we see lot of original designs being released.

IMO customer shouldn't worry about all this debate. Companies are free to take legal actions, while customer always has choice to choose which one to buy. 

Sorry that I am another person to mention the copyright problems, but Takstar steals desings from the top brands, especially Beyerdynamic. And when I have to choose I don't think about it and pay a little extra for a real Beyerdynamic headphone that is developed in Germany. Most of the higher models are even build in Germany. Of course these Takstar models are sounding really good for their price, but if everyone bought these, which company would develop new products and new designs any more?

And how can you even perform a blindfold test with headphones? I would always feel from the size and material of the pads and the weight on my head which headphone I am wearing. I don't think there is any possible way to eliminate the bias if you ever wore the headphones before.

'Paying a little extra' is IMO wrong line. The cost difference is big and not only a few bucks. If the difference is so less then why would one even buy a similar model from Takstar as opposed to Beyerdynamic?

Just saying that global brands are safe with the existence of Chinese brands. It's not like students, low income audiophiles could even afford these 'Global' brands. They are nicely kept happy by the Chinese brands. What is annoying though, and even I've experienced this is the same mentioned by @EdenElectronics

Mar 9, 2016 at 5:43 AM Post #23,513 of 35,472

So yea... no.
Not interested in doing the dance of the tards.
Suffice it to say blind tests are possible but i dont feel the need to walk you thru it and they resulted in me selling my hd598 as it was pointless with hi2050 on hand. So if im biased im biased to the point of self-delusion and would screw myself by selling my 598. Funny though that i am just biased against sennheiser because hi2050 didnt beat my grados, which i retained. Testing is far easier than finding beyerdynamics for a "little more" as you claim.
And yea, lemme go edit beyerdynamics wiki page now to say they invented headphones, cuz otherwise they had to have been copying others n putting their own spin on it at some point... nothing like takstar might do though, especially as they dont sell things at affordable prices.
Sorry, g2g, wikipedia calls

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:16 AM Post #23,514 of 35,472

You might need to edit that , if Takstar finds it they might sue you. Takstar seem to be big company with people who can do R&D and they also seem to be OEM company for other brands. So dont be surprised when you buy from big brands with all that extra buck your headphone might be made by some company on other side of planet.

Mar 9, 2016 at 6:19 AM Post #23,515 of 35,472

Copyright infringement in my personal opinion is when someone deliberately copies design to misinform potential buyers, even putting fake names on items... Since there are so many products these days, products are likely to look a bit more-or-less similar to others.
Mostly design choices are a derivate of the technical necessity, for instance the fact that BeyerDynamic uses this shape of shells quite probably has something to do with SQ. Why should Takstar go away from that design when it does make sense to the SQ they pursue?

A blindfold test with earphones can be done by people who haven't had any of the headphones on thear heads before. That way they won't know which one is the Takstar and which the BeyerDynamic.

I don't think BeyerDynamic suffers from Takstar very much; People don't buy a Takstar because it looks like a BeyerDynamic, they just buy it because they sound so damn good!

Mar 9, 2016 at 7:06 AM Post #23,516 of 35,472

can you describe the amp performance? is it worth it?
im looking to pair it with fiio x3ii, either this or fiio own e12k amp

It was long time ago, I used it with Sansa player. And it was the only portable amp (apart from homemade CMoys)I ever owned so I don't have much comparison.
I'm not sure how it would compare to E12k, best thing is to read the C&C thread.

For me it was lot of fun, the SF switch was just incredible - this is main reason why I'm thinking of getting it again. When the switch was on it made sound more "spacious" but in some magical way. Really cool :)

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #23,517 of 35,472
Mar 9, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #23,518 of 35,472
You might need to edit that , if Takstar finds it they might sue you. Takstar seem to be big company with people who can do R&D and they also seem to be OEM company for other brands. So dont be surprised when you buy from big brands with all that extra buck your headphone might be made by some company on other side of planet.

Yea that tends to be the case, like xiaomi with apple... its not like they figured out steve jobs secret, apple was paying them pennies to make oem yet sold it for hundreds of dollars till xiaomi said screw it, we can nake it then we can sell it and earn some money gor our sweat. Its a silly argument unless you also dont shop at walmart, never buy generic brand groceries and pay thousands for bame brand prescriptions rather than hundreds for generics. Pfizer had to design n develop drugs yet no one feels the need to say anything. I think if takstar were a canadian brand based in Windsor, Ontario instead if Guangzhou, CN then ppl wont say anything, but big bad commie china is an ez target n few step up to defend it. Anything that has a cheaper option, from cars to jeans, its based on someone copying ideas and doing it cheaper. As rltakstar is oem, im personally glad for them; would you rather ppl work insanely hard for terribly long hours just so a german company can pay pennies and profit hugely or would you rather takstar sell for a few dollars instead of pennies and those that put their sweat into their work might see a little more salary come their way. If tomorrow takstar raised prices tomorrow to the same as beyerdynamic prices, ill stick with takstar just cuz those that work deserve the reward.

That being said, i doubt takstar can sue him lol, i mean, come on, theres a reason they have no base in usa, its patent laws. You cant clone beyerdynamic and then sue someone for saying they ripped beyerdynamic off. They did it afterall, id just ague they ripped beyerdynamic off after beyerdynamics oem contract was up and they had been being ripped off for years. Eye for an eye beyer

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #23,519 of 35,472
Not sure if anyone mentioned but mp4nation is giving free brainwavz omega iem with purchase of a brainwavz headphone amp n that stacks with a discount code for 25% off everything sitewide. So u get an amp n iem fof about $22.50.
I think the discount code was 25ofmar but ill hafta check my email to make sure im remembering that correctly

Mar 9, 2016 at 9:26 AM Post #23,520 of 35,472
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back