Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 25, 2016 at 10:20 PM Post #22,981 of 35,472
THAT is my one and only concern :frowning2:

No kidding, go back three post and look at Twins post. Look at his pictures on his 03A headphones and see how much larger they are than the Trinity Delta's. The A2 is humongous:flushed:

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:50 PM Post #22,982 of 35,472
No kidding, go back three post and look at Twins post. Look at his pictures on his 03A headphones and see how much larger they are than the Trinity Delta's. The A2 is humongous:flushed:

Not sure what you mean by "go back three post" but I vaguely remember Twin's picture.  Tried to search for it but wasn't successful.  Regardless there were a few snaps of the A2 in Twin and others ears in response to my earlier request.  Darn thing looks bigger than a candy root beer barrel! And that definitely would be a non-starter for me.

I guess I could pop for them and if they simply are too big sell them.  Just hate having to go through all that nonsense....

Feb 25, 2016 at 10:56 PM Post #22,983 of 35,472
Undecided if i should spend my money on the 03A's or the upcoming trinity audio vyrus!

You guys are making the 03A's tempting

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:04 PM Post #22,984 of 35,472

Not sure what you mean by "go back three post" but I vaguely remember Twin's picture.  Tried to search for it but wasn't successful.  Regardless there were a few snaps of the A2 in Twin and others ears in response to my earlier request.  Darn thing looks bigger than a candy root beer barrel! And that definitely would be a non-starter for me.

I guess I could pop for them and if they simply are too big sell them.  Just hate having to go through all that nonsense....

A2 vs Tenores...they honestly don't feel any different than the Puros

Feb 25, 2016 at 11:43 PM Post #22,985 of 35,472
A2 vs Tenores...they honestly don't feel any different than the Puros

Thanks for that.  Never owned the Tenores but do have the Puro IE500s.   That said they still looked like humongeous boat hangers in all those ear pictures! 
biggrin.gif

devil_face.gif

eek.gif

wink.gif

Feb 26, 2016 at 1:35 AM Post #22,986 of 35,472
I haven't been asian iem shopping in some months, i purchased the xiaomi hybrids when they came out and have been out the loop since. Any iems worthy of mentions since then? Or are tenores still a top tier affordable contender?

Feb 26, 2016 at 3:32 AM Post #22,988 of 35,472
  what would you recommend for a budget of 50$?

What sort of sound do you like? $50 can get a number of them.

Top recommendation for me will be Havi B3 Pro 1 for balanced, neutralish sound with incredible soundstage and imaging. Excellent for acoustic and vocals. Not the biggest bass though it's good bass.

Titan 1ES has a nice, warmish natural sound and is very musical.

Feb 26, 2016 at 4:07 AM Post #22,989 of 35,472
What sort of sound do you like? $50 can get a number of them.

Top recommendation for me will be Havi B3 Pro 1 for balanced, neutralish sound with incredible soundstage and imaging. Excellent for acoustic and vocals. Not the biggest bass though it's good bass.

Titan 1ES has a nice, warmish natural sound and is very musical.

+1 For the Titan 1ES. These shouldn't be overlooked. They are really worth the money, for the sound, build and fit. Isolation is pretty decent as well.

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:08 AM Post #22,990 of 35,472
Looking for quality(quality in a sense, it should be completely steal for price) DAC or DAC/AMP combo within $30-50 range. Primary use of it will be hooking up with full sized less power demanding headphones.

Any suggestions?

Feb 26, 2016 at 5:16 AM Post #22,991 of 35,472
@mib91 While I don't have any experience with the device so I can't personally make a recommendation, but for that price range, the first item I'd probably look up would be the Fiio K1.  It's a $40 Dac/Amp that's powered by USB.

Edit:  Here's a review for you to read if you're curious  http://www.head-fi.org/products/fiio-k1-portable-headphone-amplifier-dac

Also, while it's a little outside your budget at currently $65 on Amazon, I use a SMSL SD 793-II for my TV and like it.  The downsides for you would be the price, and the fact that it doesn't have a USB input could be an issue, it only has coaxial and optical, but I enjoyed my UE 9000 on it while watching movies.

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #22,992 of 35,472
what would you recommend for a budget of 50$?

:grinning: Either the LZ Z03A or OnePlus ICON . The Havi is a good sounding phone but it's extremely hard to drive to any kind of Volume and if you add a Bass boost it will distort. It was a deal breaker for me. I broke them in and sold them.
JMO

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Feb 26, 2016 at 6:28 AM Post #22,993 of 35,472
:grinning: Either the LZ Z03A or OnePlus ICON . The Havi is a good sounding phone but it's extremely hard to drive to any kind of Volume and if you add a Bass boost it will distort. It was a deal breaker for me. I broke them in and sold them.
JMO

Uodated B3s aren't THAT hard to drive, but I did run across distortion when eqing in some bass. They're best left unchanged imo.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:06 AM Post #22,994 of 35,472
@Saoshyant Interesting suggestion, thanks. Just wondering how it would stack up against HifimeDIY Sabre DAC. Sabre's price has recently gone way up otherwise, I might have been winded up getting that a while ago. But now seeing the K1, I'm really hoping to read some comparisons between them.

From a quick go through over the reviews, K1 seems to be on slightly bright sounding type of DAC, if I'm not mistaken. That is, kinda deal breaker for me since the headphone I intend to hook with it is slightly analytical and bright sounding.

I hear some good words regarding SMSL SD 793-II time to time. Not sure if the word of it being superior over E10K or Schiit Fulla are legit but it always seemed to me a nice product for its price. Sad that SMSL has nothing to offer to fill up my current need.

Feb 26, 2016 at 9:30 AM Post #22,995 of 35,472
JMO

OK Twin I'm going to be getting one of these shortly...I've got the Puro's which I find more treble focused with great lows though when needed.
I was pretty much set to get the Icons but first, I just read the Auvio tips may not be the best fit for the Icon which stinks because I was planing on using the Auvio tips. I've read the Icons may also be more treble focused and the LZ a bit darker which could be good for me because I like options. Sooooo
#1: do you use Auvio tips on your Icons? If so how do they fit (also on LZ's)
#2: since I have the Puro and find it more detail oriented would the LZ be a better option for the different perhaps darker sound sig. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back