Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 10, 2015 at 1:42 AM Post #19,654 of 35,472

you won't regret it. got my hands on them and they're awesome. it's like an improved v2 + the comfort of the v3

PICS PLEASE!!! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Nov 10, 2015 at 1:56 AM Post #19,655 of 35,472
pics here: http://imgur.com/a/oKE46  (together with my v2 & v3)

only downside is the packaging. something that has been going on with other products of xiaomi too. they give less and less accs. with their products. so with these you don't get the plastic box that came with the v2 and v3 (and no clip either)

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:09 AM Post #19,657 of 35,472

A more V-shaped sound than the Piston 3? Take my money!!

you won't regret it. got my hands on them and they're awesome. it's like an improved v2 + the comfort of the v3

Looks like the neowin impressions and @Weithulu's impressions were right. TBH for a hybrid IEM I kinda expected a more neutral sound than the 3.0, but I guess this shouldn't be too bad.

Nov 10, 2015 at 2:31 AM Post #19,658 of 35,472
I have never liked the 2.0, it has too much mid-treble (around 4KHz) and perhaps too much bass once I EQ'd out the mid-treble.
I was kinda forced to use it since my favorite pair of IEMs died on me.

Then I killed it inadvertently. /facepalm

I found another pair of 2.0s this time in silver/white. This time it had a net so no wax gunking up your piston's driver.
The mid treble hump was partially fixed but it was still sort of there.

If the hybrid is anything like the 2.0 i think I'm not gonna be impressed.

Nov 10, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #19,662 of 35,472
Has also anyone checked the SUR S512 's out. They don't look the best but at around 22 dollars they offer replaceable cables and a high resolution sticker. High resolution stickers get my attention!

Nov 10, 2015 at 6:20 AM Post #19,664 of 35,472
Has also anyone checked the SUR S512 's out. They don't look the best but at around 22 dollars they offer replaceable cables and a high resolution sticker. High resolution stickers get my attention!

I had the S530 "top of the line" model. They're just big ol' bass monsters. The cable are the same as on the 512, and are not fantastic. Very thin. The case is nice though.

The base model in the lineup, S808, are a much better sounding product and with some of the mid-bass EQ'd are actually really good. The stock tuning holds them back. If you can find those around 10-15 bucks, go for it. Here's my review of them if interested (beware....it starts of in an odd way, lol):

http://www.head-fi.org/products/sur-s808-deep-bass-sound-in-ear-metal-earphone-with-mic-control/reviews/13348

Nov 10, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #19,665 of 35,472
The landscape has certainly changed, back in 2011 there was hardly any choice so I bought AWEI. This really was a bad time to want a IEM as the AWEIs were, well, 
I had both the ES-600i and the 900i and other cheapskate ones (what were in 2011 mind you) The cheap ones were for sister who need a cheap earpiece because she didn't give a damn about actual SQ. 

Harsh but the rest of it is not bad in terms of sound but still, it was harsh it's hard to keep in on for more than an hour but for reason I stuck with them so long until 2013 where I tossed them when they broke for a Pistons 2.0 and after CM Storm's Resonar. The flat cable broke so often.

Why did I have a ES-600i? For some reason I was really driven by cost and the 600i and 900i broke equally often. 3 months is what I can expect with TLC. No more.
After the pistons 2.0 I decided that there won't be anymore awei for me.

That's what I can say about AWEI, hated the harshness of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back