Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 6, 2015 at 3:17 PM Post #16,006 of 35,472
@jj69 : for your information, OPUS1 has the price of 140$ in Korean market.
To read Korean website, you can copy some pictures in there, then use some software with OCR (optical character recognition) and copy the recognized test into Google translate. Maybe you can understand something in there. 

May 7, 2015 at 10:38 PM Post #16,009 of 35,472
Well not a lot of news here lately...

I got the VSD3 on dezember, LOL, arrived today!

uggJXqC.jpg

xq7wnH6.jpg

May 8, 2015 at 10:38 AM Post #16,010 of 35,472
Wow the Chinese sellers on AliExpress....  quite had a frustrating experience. 

So I spotted a nice deal on some audio gear and I was tempted. While the seller was offering free shipping to most of the countries, unfortunately India wan't one of it. All shipping methods costed north of $50 definitely was a deal breaker for me (The item itself costed about $55). 

I contacted seller to find any alternative, he agreed to provide low cost shipping via SG post and said it'd cost $2 for shipping that way. For this he needed to update the item listing, that he simply forgot. I reminded him 2-3 times, then suddenly he said that $55 is not too much, and he'd send the item to me as a gift. In return he requested to spread his name among my friends and rate him good, which I agreed upon.

Past 2 days, no further information. Today I contacted him back and this time he requested order id, which I of course didn't have. I showed him entire conversation, but no help. He talked like he lost memory or something. I even agreed to pay the item amount and requested again to update the listing thus providing me SG post as an alternative, but no. 

I want to free stuff but at least why promise something and then pretend to not know it? Left a bitter taste.

May 8, 2015 at 8:16 PM Post #16,012 of 35,472
most of the time companies that work in aliexpress and taobao have multiple customer rep, so it is normal to have 'memory lapse'. Always make sure they get waht you want done before they finish.. or else you may go chase them for days.

So within a month my sister broke the VJJB I purchased(in fact she manage to break 2 xiao mi piston and a VJJB within half a year, granted one of them went into the washer). So she ask me to get her some lower end headphone so she won't feel as bad. Any suggestions?

May 8, 2015 at 8:20 PM Post #16,013 of 35,472
http://www.focalprice.com/EP0527B/%CF%803.14_3.5mm_Plug_Hi_fi_In_ear_Wired_Earphones_Black.html?Currency=CAD

I found these the other day on Focalprice, they look kinda like universal shelled custom IEMs. Anyone have any experience with these?

May 8, 2015 at 8:50 PM Post #16,014 of 35,472
  most of the time companies that work in aliexpress and taobao have multiple customer rep, so it is normal to have 'memory lapse'. Always make sure they get waht you want done before they finish.. or else you may go chase them for days.

So within a month my sister broke the VJJB I purchased(in fact she manage to break 2 xiao mi piston and a VJJB within half a year, granted one of them went into the washer). So she ask me to get her some lower end headphone so she won't feel as bad. Any suggestions?

Something from KZ? Usually under ten bucks and most a really well built...EDse, ED3, ED9, R35, etc. etc. etc.

May 8, 2015 at 11:38 PM Post #16,015 of 35,472

Yep, you're right.

Ohh btw KZ would be fantastic choice then. For about $10 for most of their gear they sound far too good for the price. Buils quality is very good as well. Most have metal body and a very good cable, nice strain relief.

Depending on your sister's sound preference you may want KZ ANV for balanced sound, EDSE for v shaped sound, ED8 for detailed but darker sound and good bass and so on. Btw their latest release KZ ED9 is the best sounding IEM they have produced, as per opinion of some KZ followers here. I'm yet to receive to provide an opinion but might be best choice.

May 9, 2015 at 3:07 AM Post #16,016 of 35,472
May 9, 2015 at 3:15 AM Post #16,017 of 35,472

How about Xiaomi Piston 3 Youth Version?   ($12 - $14 USD)

May 9, 2015 at 8:23 AM Post #16,020 of 35,472
hi, any review for earbud 'DIY dual driver earbud from PowerBeat' yet ?

The only thing I could find was http://www.head-fi.org/t/441400/earbuds-round-up-update-april-25th-2015 where it says "湖西小筑 DIY Dual Driver - OEM Dual Dynamic Matrix driver from PowerBeats, some of the best soundstage and micro-detail, but very neutral and doesn't have much bass reach or depth."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back