Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 12, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #15,286 of 35,472
  So I ordered the KINDEN Ebony earphones (those wooden), but I got a reply from the seller that that version didnt have a microphone and it was a fault in the ad. So, I wanted to cancel it and try the other one which does have a microphone. The seller replied: dont cancel it, I will ship the other version.

Should I do that? Or is it better to cancel the one without mic and order the one with mic. Cancelling on AlieX does give me some headaches though since I have a few orders which I have cancelled but I have seen no money back. Cant open a dispute too because it's cancelled.

It's not instant as buying. it will take from 3-14 days depends on the bank.  once i canceled an order for 350$ and it took 5 days for the refund to appear on my card.  Bank was HSBC

Mar 12, 2015 at 10:31 AM Post #15,287 of 35,472
  For anyone who's interested : Topping NX1 for $25 here. For this price it's a steal!!!

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Topping-TP-NX1-Portable-3-5mm-Headphone-Amplifier-USB-Rechargeable-Battery-for-iPhone-4S-5S-6/32276867830.html

Good seller IMO (judging from feedback)

there was a negative feedback 10 minutes ago when i first check the feedback comments about bad sound and a 1 star. now it's gone.
sounds bad, does not increase the volume, sound is disturbing. my phone is good sound from the headphones, this product is worse // I canceled the purchase of this product but the seller sent me, even though I want to. Performance sucks

things like these make me second guessing

something went wrong with my browser :D 

Mar 12, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #15,288 of 35,472

It's not instant as buying. it will take from 3-14 days depends on the bank.  once i canceled an order for 350$ and it took 5 days for the refund to appear on my card.  Bank was HSBC

My order(s) which I cancelled are still ´Your order cancellation request is pending the supplier's approval.'. For quite a time now. And I cannot open a dispute because it's cancelled.

The earphones... I might un-cancel them and ask to ship the others with mic.

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:02 PM Post #15,289 of 35,472

My order(s) which I cancelled are still ´Your order cancellation request is pending the supplier's approval.'. For quite a time now. And I cannot open a dispute because it's cancelled.

The earphones... I might un-cancel them and ask to ship the others with mic.

Best thing is to contact seller again. What was the reason you select at the cancel screen?  on my case seller informed me to select "Purchase Protection is running out, but package is still in transit" option. i think that saves their back and make  refund process faster.

if i have to guess he might refuse to refund and send other version

Mar 12, 2015 at 12:22 PM Post #15,291 of 35,472
Ordered an Arkon AWM130
smily_headphones1.gif
Will share my impressions as it arrives.

Oh cool! Very interested to hear you thoughts :)

+1, me too
smily_headphones1.gif

It arrived.

The packaging is so simple. Probably due to my unboxed purchase :/ The build quality is good. Lots of metal used (like Somic mh463)
Regarding sound: Overall SQ wil have 6/10.
Details: Sounds too distant unmodded. Mod is necessary IMO (plucked the sponges out in the earpads) Musical details are lacking even after the mod. The rest aren't worth speaking. Will update after the usual burning period.

My need to write further had overcame my decision to write further till the burnin finishes; 
I plugged the AWM130 into my main rig (Schiit Magni 2, Chord Vee 3 Chameleon, QLS Qa360) and SQ quickly rose up :) Well still not even a NAD hp50 but it has something to say now.
And this got me thinking "what's the point of using a cheap headphone with a ~1000 usd setup?"
I think I should quit this topic :/

Mar 12, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #15,292 of 35,472
So... curiosity killed the IEMs. Blew out one of the drivers in the left ear piece of my HAVI B3 PRO II, to be exact. Don't really know how it happened. Just disassembled them to see what removing the black sponge from the driver will do to the sound. They really should'n make IEMs that can be taken apart by simply unscrewing two little screws if they want them to last in the hands of people like me.

If anyone has B3 PRO II in any condition and is willing to sell them to me, just PM me. And I don't care for the accessories either.

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:29 PM Post #15,293 of 35,472
  Everyday I am hoping for new news on the Ostry KC07, but there are none =( 

They are coming/not far off. Only early mention of them sound-wise is that one person(an earphone shop person) preferred the sound of the KC08. The KC08 is the only one I'm interested in anyhow :)

Mar 12, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #15,294 of 35,472

They are coming/not far off. Only early mention of them sound-wise is that one person(an earphone shop person) preferred the sound of the KC08. The KC08 is the only one I'm interested in anyhow :)

Nice!!!! Only the KC07 comes for me in question though since I am not a fan of ear-buds. Ostry please. Need. Release. Immediately!

I really hope they don't make the KC07 worse sounding than the KC08..........that would be really dumb.

Mar 13, 2015 at 4:52 AM Post #15,295 of 35,472

Best thing is to contact seller again. What was the reason you select at the cancel screen?  on my case seller informed me to select "Purchase Protection is running out, but package is still in transit" option. i think that saves their back and make  refund process faster.

if i have to guess he might refuse to refund and send other version

They have resumed my order and shipped the one with mic. Hope they sound good for the price!

Mar 13, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #15,296 of 35,472
If anyone interested, Meelec S6P is on sale thru 03/18 for $19.99 using coupon "SPRINGS6P" with free US shipping and $2.95 OFF intl shipping.......

http://www.meelec.com/Sport_Fi_S6P_Earphone_Workout_Package_p/ep-sf6p-rdbk-mee.htm (grn/blk too)

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:45 PM Post #15,297 of 35,472
Hi not had chance yet to read over the 1000 + pages yet :grinning: . But anybody know of a good priced desktop headphone amp with a uk power supply ?.
I already have the Topping nx1... And Fiio e11 k for my portables, both of which i like, sound, build quality etc.
But iv been looking round for a hifi desktop amp now.... I have been looking on this site, amazon,ebay, etc... But moist do not have a uk power lead..... Which i would like........Any info, links etc would be nice.....price up to £100.... Headphones to be used are....Senn Hd 580 , Grado sr 325i , Goldring dr 100..mainly......thanks

Mar 14, 2015 at 5:54 PM Post #15,298 of 35,472
Hi not had chance yet to read over the 1000 + pages yet :grinning: . But anybody know of a good priced desktop headphone amp with a uk power supply ?.
I already have the Topping nx1... And Fiio e11 k for my portables, both of which i like, sound, build quality etc.
But iv been looking round for a hifi desktop amp now.... I have been looking on this site, amazon,ebay, etc... But moist do not have a uk power lead..... Which i would like........Any info, links etc would be nice.....price up to £100.... Headphones to be used are....Senn Hd 580 , Grado sr 325i , Goldring dr 100..mainly......thanks

You could read up on the Matrix M-stage HPA1 or the Little Dot I+ for a cheaper alternative.

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:06 PM Post #15,299 of 35,472
Also meant to say i only need the rca inputs, as i would be going from my hifi tape outputs on my hifi amp. A yamaha......dont need usb, or speaker terminals...thanks.

Mar 14, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #15,300 of 35,472
Also meant to say i only need the rca inputs, as i would be going from my hifi tape outputs on my hifi amp. A yamaha......dont need usb, or speaker terminals...thanks.

The two that I suggested has only rca in :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back