Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2015 at 12:55 PM Post #14,581 of 35,472
I am addicted to my fx750...i am on a halt of buying these serpents, unless they are on prime. I thanks for the tip idea...gonna try it as the dang comply are too expensive.

Sanding the foams, however should you be worrying about the debris which may be stuck, and enter the ears drum ?

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:12 PM Post #14,582 of 35,472
  Finally I received my long awaited SoundSoul S-018. I know that I'm writing has already been posted by so many members before but couldn't help, sorry :wink:

S-018 are so good! The hype surrounding these was so high which raised my expectations to astronomical levels. But glad to report that, these live up to the hype. They are very natural sounding with amazing instrument separation and positioning. No part of spectrum is bloated. Considering my IEM inventory and experience these rank the highest in Vocals section right away out of the box.

Listening to GOT7's 'Moonlight'. Almost feels as if the singers are whispering in my ears. Too good. My sincere thanks to all those who recommended this one to me. 

Issues are issues. The wire has so much memory that it remembers events of the time when King Khufu constructed pyramid. I tip rolled a lot and still not comfortable with most of the tips that I have. I guess I'll have to invest in Spiral Dots very soon.

My S018 got lost.. received a refund... what a shame.

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:33 PM Post #14,583 of 35,472
My S018 got lost.. received a refund... what a shame.
Aww.... Reordering these won't be much hassle though if you are in US. I say order it once more? S-018 are keepers, I feel.

Feb 9, 2015 at 1:56 PM Post #14,585 of 35,472
  which of the following wouldyour guys advise me on getting?

havi-b3 proI/ havi-b3 pro 2 / vsonic vsd3s / a151 v2/ vsonic vsd5 / gr07(which type?) / Dunu Titan 1 or TTPOD T2

I'm prefer strong bass but i don't like it when the highs are too piercing.

would be great if anyone can advise me.

cheerio.

Zero Audio Duoza sounds perfect for you.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:03 PM Post #14,586 of 35,472
Guys....dont forget fx750.......for the price 200$, it is ways worth it to buy over im-70.

It bass is 2-3x as addictive...same for vocal and highs....and that natural, organic timbres

What about FX650?  It's much cheaper than FX750.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:18 PM Post #14,587 of 35,472
  Are HS v9 really good deal?Are they better than Moxpad X6?

Personally, I think so. I read reviews that accumulated about 3 months ever since the Moxpad X6 came out and most, if not all reviews kept pointing towards bloated, or too much bass. Though, they have a better look than the X3, I read and checked the specs in different sights and it seems that they carry the same drivers as the X3 -same driver, different housings. Didn't do it for me, and decided not to pull the trigger. Until now, most reviews has been positive for the V9's. I read some that bought 2, one for back-up. I almost bought the MH415, but reviews were too mixed for me. With the V9's soundstage is by far very wide, wider than the S-018, but the S-018 does a touch better on upper mids. By tip-rolling I could easily match the sound signature of the S-018. Currently, I'm driving mine with a different double-flange tips then the ones it came with. To me, it's a no brainer.....it's a great purchase!

.....Hope this give you some idea.

Feb 9, 2015 at 2:47 PM Post #14,588 of 35,472
I never read reviews. Just bought them all 
tongue_smile.gif

Feb 9, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #14,590 of 35,472
Feb 9, 2015 at 4:00 PM Post #14,591 of 35,472
Thats when you need a deep insertion and so the tube extends more than nozzle length otherwise the nozzle lengh foam plug fit is ok......why did you sand it to shape like spherical than cylindrical? You feel more comfortable with this style?....nice sanding.....

Sorry i dont understand what you mean. Yes it fits nicer when it is a bit spherical, I find It doesnt ripple when i insert them in my ears but bear in mind my ear canals are small. 
Thanks. 

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #14,592 of 35,472
OK, people's advice has been very helpful, and thank you. I think (almost 100% sure) I was wrong about the cause of my problems with the AG-R1's. I tried the foam tip trick from the Hearos, but it didn't solve the problem. I was thinking about the diagram of the marching band in the city alleys, and how a curved or crooked ear canal should actually increase the bass over the treble, if anything, and not decrease it. So it didn't make sense in a way, what I was experiencing, since the more crooked ear canal was the one without sufficient bass.

I have a decent ear in terms of identifying what I'm hearing at one time, like in a piece of music, but a terrible ear in terms of A/B-ing things. I can't keep an acoustic impression in memory for very long at all. So trying each earphone one at a time in the same ear didn't reveal a difference to me. I decided this morning to give a last-ditch shot at analyzing the L and R of the AG-R1 IEMs with a good microphone to see if they were producing sound identically, which theoretically they should be, or pretty close. The result was that they are not identical at all. The R is very bass-attenuated.

So, I'm trying to return the AG-R1's and get a replacement, because I do like them. I would like to post the WAV file I did of the audio, which is a 3.5 second instrumental portion of Reign in Blood by Slayer, repeated 6 times (L, R, and combined--all mono--and once each recorded through the L and R IEM). But I'm not sure it's allowed by forum rules. Can I do this or no?

I feel kinda stupid for assuming it was my ear canals. Maybe L and R performance differences are obvious to a lot of you, but my recent problems with tip fitting in my R ear, and noticing how different my ear canals are, threw me way off! So I'm hoping I have many more IEM days to come...

Feb 9, 2015 at 5:34 PM Post #14,594 of 35,472
  I haven't been around for a while, is there seller that offer the SoundSoul s018 internationally for less than 10 USD?

I don't even know of a US store that sells it for less than $13.

Not sure where you are either.... but

Amazon UK has them for £26.  http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B009GISUL8

Keep your eye out on miniinthebox.com and lightinthebox.com.  They are both starting to carry a few SoundSOUL products.  Hopefully the S-018 gets on there soon.

Feb 9, 2015 at 9:14 PM Post #14,595 of 35,472
  Holy Surpent V9 for $25, only 2 days left! my friend,  I hope you get good deal.

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Hifi-earphones-in-ear-earphones-monitor-s-xiangzao-mobile-phone-computer-single-hole-heatshrinked/615477_1870469329.html

Have you used that site for other headphone related purchases? The Takstar HI2050 is listed for $39 which sounds too good to be true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back