Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 7, 2015 at 6:09 PM Post #14,536 of 35,472
@salawat

And out of left field comes my recommendation; Sony AS800AP. They're a little odd looking, but the bass goes very deep, is nice and punchy, and better yet, the mids and treble are not sacrificed.

I know its a Japanese iem, but since you can decide on any of the other options, and people are still tossing stuff out there, that's my suggestion.

Feb 7, 2015 at 6:14 PM Post #14,537 of 35,472
Yes, it's very quality to my ears.
Big bass and smooth highs, yet still detailed and quality sound.
TTPOD T1-E, Fidue A71, Zero Audio Duoza, KEF M200, or maybe AT IM-70 are literally some of your best bets
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers! Titan 1 and IM-50 probably wouldn't be what you're looking for.

Not agreed with IM50. It has strong punchy bass as he stated. I have both IM50 and 70. Btw, do you have the IM50?

Feb 8, 2015 at 1:46 AM Post #14,539 of 35,472
Yes, it's very quality to my ears.
Big bass and smooth highs, yet still detailed and quality sound.
TTPOD T1-E, Fidue A71, Zero Audio Duoza, KEF M200, or maybe AT IM-70 are literally some of your best bets
smily_headphones1.gif

Cheers! Titan 1 and IM-50 probably wouldn't be what you're looking for.

would you say purchasing the fidue a71 or the duoza instead of the t1e justify them being roughly double the price of the t1e?

@salawat

And out of left field comes my recommendation; Sony AS800AP. They're a little odd looking, but the bass goes very deep, is nice and punchy, and better yet, the mids and treble are not sacrificed.

I know its a Japanese iem, but since you can decide on any of the other options, and people are still tossing stuff out there, that's my suggestion.

cheers for that, i don't really like that bit sticking out of it though.
  You said you already have Earmax IE80 and its bass is still too weak for you. I guess Earmax IE80 is already bass heavy for many people around here.
You said that you prefer EDSE over ED8.  This really makes me confuse.  
To my ears, EDSE has a bit harsh treble and lack of bass quantity.   Do you really want strong punchy bass?

I think you need something like HiSoundAudio Woodoo 2.  This is  bass heavy IEM for bass lover.  Very deep and powerful bass for most people (but not me
basshead.gif
). Treble can be a bit harsh at high volume.

haha, yeah, the earmax are good but not bassy enough for me.

I don't know, and to be honest I haven't tested either edse or the ed8 as much as i'd like. what mainly put me off with the ed8 is the sheer size of it. oh and yes, both in my opinion lack bass.

i'll check out the woodoo 2's.

right now, i'm more inclined to go for either the t1e or the fidue a71. is it worth spending twice more on the fidue? (i have the budget, no problems there)

as for the IM-70, can it only be worn over the ears? I find it highly uncomfortable to wear iems over the ears.

cheers everyone.

Feb 8, 2015 at 5:35 AM Post #14,542 of 35,472
  I have lots of IEMS and full headphones.. i love the ath im70.. its unbeatable by anything under $150 IMO

Have you tried DuoZa? Have seen people claiming its sq at par or better than IM70.... 
http://www.head-fi.org/t/747461/zero-audio-zh-dwx10-duoza-dual-dynamic-driver-iem/450#post_11287205
http://www.head-fi.org/t/747461/zero-audio-zh-dwx10-duoza-dual-dynamic-driver-iem/450#post_11288206

Can't comment personally because I don't have either... I'm just trying to say here that IM70 is not unbeatable below $150.

Feb 8, 2015 at 10:56 AM Post #14,545 of 35,472
I'm worried my IEM days are numbered. I've noticed that my ear canals are of different shape. I'm 43, and just 6 or 7 years ago it was no problem to wear any style of IEM. Now, very few IEMS can deal with my right ear, the canal of which seems to have become more curved than the left. I know that ear canals are curved anyway, but I'm talking about an increased curve. As our bodies age and contort like old trees, I guess.

Some IEMs (Klipsch, or narrow-bore barrel types) just get the sound totally cut off when the end of the tip gets pinched inside, maybe, or come up against a surface. For others, the bass gets really attenuated on the right (maybe because of the way bass frequencies travel around curves? I don't know). So the result in that case is this feeling that the music is weighted towards the left, which is a really annoying sensation. I've tried deeper insertion, and pushing the tips down further over the nozzle than they're supposed to go, and angling them, but nothing really works.

It doesn't happen with over-the ear headphones for some reason. I've got about 15 hours on my Auglamour AG-R1s, but I'm going to have to sell them because I can't get the right ear to fit for the bass frequencies. In all of these cases I've done some basic testing, and it's definitely the shape of my ear canal, and not the IEMSs themselves being faulty, or my actual hearing in the right ear being weaker in perceiving bass.

Does anyone knowledgeable about IEMs have any helpful input here in terms of what to avoid and what might work? I'm realizing that the buy-and-try method is just going to be too expensive if I have to keep selling IEMs that don't work for me. Or maybe I have to give them up entirely? The B3 Pro I's seem to be fine, but I wanted to get something that didn't need an amp, perhaps something with sightly more bass for walking and hiking, but neutral and spacious still.

confused.gif

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:34 AM Post #14,546 of 35,472
  I'm worried my IEM days are numbered. I've noticed that my ear canals are of different shape. I'm 43, and just 6 or 7 years ago it was no problem to wear any style of IEM. Now, very few IEMS can deal with my right ear, the canal of which seems to have become more curved than the left. I know that ear canals are curved anyway, but I'm talking about an increased curve. As our bodies age and contort like old trees, I guess.

Some IEMs (Klipsch, or narrow-bore barrel types) just get the sound totally cut off when the end of the tip gets pinched inside, maybe, or come up against a surface. For others, the bass gets really attenuated on the right (maybe because of the way bass frequencies travel around curves? I don't know). So the result in that case is this feeling that the music is weighted towards the left, which is a really annoying sensation. I've tried deeper insertion, and pushing the tips down further over the nozzle than they're supposed to go, and angling them, but nothing really works.

It doesn't happen with over-the ear headphones for some reason. I've got about 15 hours on my Auglamour AG-R1s, but I'm going to have to sell them because I can't get the right ear to fit for the bass frequencies. In all of these cases I've done some basic testing, and it's definitely the shape of my ear canal, and not the IEMSs themselves being faulty, or my actual hearing in the right ear being weaker in perceiving bass.

Does anyone knowledgeable about IEMs have any helpful input here in terms of what to avoid and what might work? I'm realizing that the buy-and-try method is just going to be too expensive if I have to keep selling IEMs that don't work for me. Or maybe I have to give them up entirely? The B3 Pro I's seem to be fine, but I wanted to get something that didn't need an amp, perhaps something with sightly more bass for walking and hiking, but neutral and spacious still.

confused.gif

See the DIY foam tips thread in my signature. I also have problems getting a good fit with IEM's. Worth a try before selling the AG-R1.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:38 AM Post #14,547 of 35,472

confused.gif

Wow this sounds scary to me... at least in your case if you are still able to hear normally with a headphone then you're lucky. Just a few days back I went on a holiday on a beach. Played hella lot in sea water. The salt water went inside ears but I didn't pay much attention. But after returning my left ear's sensitivity dropped, approximately by 20%. And just like you said the bass frequencies suffered much more than others. First I was thinking that this is earphone driver imbalance, but after trying multiple pairs it was pretty sure that indeed my left ear had an issue.

Thankfully it recovered by itself, within days. But I was scared. The feeling when everything you listen to seems to be coming from your right side. No satisfaction of listening to music, at all. 

Treasure your ears, dear fellow Audiophiles.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:47 AM Post #14,548 of 35,472
Guys....dont forget fx750.......for the price 200$, it is ways worth it to buy over im-70.

It bass is 2-3x as addictive...same for vocal and highs....and that natural, organic timbres

With 200 dollars we are at Dunu DN-1000 prices. That said, I'd be really interested in comparing those two. I have DN-1000 and they're great, but the comfort is terrible. If FX750 is even close to as good, would be worth the price.

Feb 8, 2015 at 11:57 AM Post #14,549 of 35,472
Check out my appreciation on fx750 thread. I dont have a clue about the dunu, but i have never been disappointed by JVC. I have seen people comparing it to duoza, and fx850, titan...etc. Perhap you should check them out in those duoza topic and make the call yourself

Feb 8, 2015 at 12:04 PM Post #14,550 of 35,472

confused.gif

I would suggest to save money and get a nice custom IEM....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back