Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2015 at 2:50 AM Post #13,531 of 35,472
  I'm moving away from the idea myself that recessed mids are the worst thing in the world. Headphones sometimes aim for the v-shape sound signature and while not the most accurate it does really work well with the typical bassy EDM, rap, hip hop music.

Comparing a balanced sounding/neutral headphone against a v-shaped headphone makes no sense to me. The S-018 obviously isn't a basshead headphone and comparing it with the pistons is literally comparing apples to oranges in my book. The pistons certainly aren't a catch all sound signature and the S-018 isn't either, both fulfills their niches and genres respectively. Citing recessed mids as a reason a balanced headphone is superior to a v-shaped headphone is pretty much a straw man argument, setting up 2 unlike things to basically strike one down.

I certainly don't like beats or bose but they have their places in the marketplace for specific demographics. I focus on sound quality but others may not and I am not going to force it upon others.

Haha, indeed:

It's like testing a sportswear vs a SUV and then complaining the sports car has not enough boot space and the SUV is slower than the sports car.

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:25 AM Post #13,532 of 35,472
New headphones required again

From some recommendation, I bought the Dolphin Scorpios, enjoyed them for the 6months(at a guess) I had them, however today I broke them, the plastic near the frame snapped whilst trying to put them on, 

Does anyone have any new recommendations that also has a robust frame?

Jan 14, 2015 at 3:33 AM Post #13,533 of 35,472

From some recommendation, I bought the Dolphin Scorpios, enjoyed them for the 6months(at a guess) I had them, however today I broke them, the plastic near the frame snapped whilst trying to put them on, 

Takstar Pro 80.

Jan 14, 2015 at 4:31 AM Post #13,538 of 35,472

that was one of my shortlists, do you think it is robust?

I agree with thatBeatsguy, the takstar pro 80 are fantastically well built headphones. Depending on sellers they can come with a ridiculously large briefcase that you can keep them in for travel but I pretty much use them at home. They are quite a bit larger than the dolphins with a pretty long cord so they wouldn't particularly be suited for portable use. With nice big and comfy brainwavz hm5 pads they are pretty comfy for all day wear where I would at times get a bit sore on my ears from wearing my dolphins for a while. If you planning on use them with your computer the kingston hyperx cloud is the same thing just with a detachable mic, comes with leather and velour pads. Next month they are coming out with an updated version that uses usb which is pretty handy.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jan 14, 2015 at 6:43 AM Post #13,540 of 35,472
I wonder if I should take one for the team and try this one

I always stay away from IEMs with lower than 4 balanced armature driver. Bass is too weak but many people may argue with me 
eek.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back