Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 19, 2014 at 3:42 PM Post #12,631 of 35,472

*glances at signature and join date*

Hmm...not much experience behind such statements.

Good read but could have omitted some of the part.

Just owning quadrillion dollar earphone inventory and joining head-fi on 10000BC doesn't qualify someone to be rude.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #12,632 of 35,472
*glances at signature and join date*

Hmm...not much experience behind such statements.

Ok, just from the IEMs I've heard, I'll present you with a list of single and dual BAs that have more slam and weight than a lot of well-regarded dynamics.. You can go look at my profile to see a full list.

1. Final Audio Design FI-BA-SS. A single balanced armature that has far more body and slam than the likes of the GR07. I did a write-up here:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/624560/mini-shootout-vsonic-gr07-mkii-vs-final-audio-design-fi-ba-ss

2. Final Audio Design Heaven V: Another single balanced armature that I'd classify as quite warm and bassy, with enough slam (when needed) to rival my ASG-2.

3. Etymotic HF5. With a solid seal, the slam and body on these things is incredible. I regret selling mine almost every day.

4. A few others I've heard that I didn't bother to write down notes about.

The IEMs you listed in that post were pretty much all tuned to have bright signatures, and your statement shows a general lack of knowledge about how BA technology works. I'll leave a picture below showing the different possible sizes for BA drivers, and leave it to you to decide for yourself whether or not you think design choices can play a part in how the end product sounds.

Dude, my join date in no way reflects my experience, age, or knowledge of audio devices. The comparison of the GR07 is indeed a smoke and mirrors comparison. I own the GR07BE, and frankly, it's the weakest dynamic I own in regards to bass. The GR07 series is notorious for two things a) sibilance b) weak bass response. Indeed my old Doppio had more bass than my GR07BE lol Schiit, my old single BA UE600 had better bass. Not saying much. As for those BA's you mentioned, I've either owned at one time or auditioned, and yes, you're right, for a BA, they have fine bass. Some like the Final Audio has a very warm and lush bass. Too bad when comparing to an actual high quality, well tuned dynamic like my FX850 or the IE80, the bass sound suddenly turns out anemic and pale in comparison. Heck, even the Bassos whip those BA in bass, and despite the Basso name, they aren't that imposing with the bass. The Rain 2 has heavier more present bass.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:53 PM Post #12,633 of 35,472
Good read but could have omitted some of the part.

Just owning quadrillion dollar earphone inventory and joining head-fi on 10000BC doesn't qualify someone to be rude.

+1

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:55 PM Post #12,634 of 35,472
Yeah I noticed they have a lot of cheap gear but I wanted to use my Ruizu X02 purchase as a testing the water before looking up anything else they have to offer. Still, if you're happy to take the plunge and bit the bullet...:p  Sigh. Still waiting for my 8GB Ruizu X02 to arrive though.

With proper EQ, my amp, and high quality files, the X02 is a very enjoyable DAP. I went from disappointed to happy with the addition of a nice warm amp to give the very VERY digital sounding X02 some analog warmth.

Dec 19, 2014 at 3:57 PM Post #12,635 of 35,472
So far I'm locked in quite the sonic battle between the Thinksound Rain 2, Zero Audio Basso, SoundSOUL S-018, VSonic GR07BE, and Zero Audio Tenore. Left the B3 and 300h out of it, because the B3 needs an amp and the 300h are a step down from all of the above. This is our of the iPhone 6 with no amp. Flat setting. No EQ.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:15 PM Post #12,637 of 35,472
Err, heaven V is a $200 in-ear

Don't wanna nitpick, but new with shipping, it's almost $300. If it was ever $200 or less, I might have actually tried it.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:23 PM Post #12,638 of 35,472
FINAL AUDIO DEGIGN?? I got roped into buying the V and VI a year ago, based on the hype coming from the discovery thread, and I could have choked those guys. $750 for two IEM's, but not worth $100 each. Mid forward BA's with decent timbre, but butt weak bass quantity and I had to EQ. I was toldthese were bass heavy single Ba, with out of thisworld tuning. It's a vocal and classical music IEM, totally inappropriate for metal or classic rock. IMHO. The singolos were a way better purchase than the FAD, and $300 less.

Dec 19, 2014 at 4:29 PM Post #12,639 of 35,472
So any early impressions on the Rain 2?

@HiFiAudiophile

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:39 PM Post #12,640 of 35,472
Just wanted to try out a really cheap IEMS, that you didn't name in the list.
I just ordered, MAYA T3 MAYA S6 cant wait to try them out, cause never seen a IEM that cheap.
They claim to have dust and water proofness so, I will be testing that also.
The T3 looks like it has a great cable quality. 

Just curious how these cheap IEMs sound...

Dec 19, 2014 at 6:46 PM Post #12,641 of 35,472
I think bhazard can answer you about the Maya? If I remember correctly, you get what you pay for? In other words, not great. Maybe serviceable?

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:20 PM Post #12,642 of 35,472
Yes defiantly, Just got them in the mail, already did the water and dust testing, works fine for me. sound quality, is just awful. I guess you get what you pay for, but for a 20USD headphone, I don't expect crap like this. Bass is so muffled, even more than beats, I hear like the most minimal treble. Its amazing how I now dont hear some instruments. :p WOW AMAZING >.<
Its a fine earphone to walk around in public, but like when you want good listening sessions, I will go with my shures, or my audezes. 

Dec 19, 2014 at 8:36 PM Post #12,643 of 35,472
Yes defiantly, Just got them in the mail, already did the water and dust testing, works fine for me. sound quality, is just awful. I guess you get what you pay for, but for a 20USD headphone, I don't expect crap like this. Bass is so muffled, even more than beats, I hear like the most minimal treble. Its amazing how I now dont hear some instruments. :p WOW AMAZING >.<
Its a fine earphone to walk around in public, but like when you want good listening sessions, I will go with my shures, or my audezes. 

Sorry to hear that. Felt that same disappointment with the VSD3S.

Dec 19, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #12,644 of 35,472
Sorry to hear that. Felt that same disappointment with the VSD3S.

Are you referring to this?:

Bass is so muffled, even more than beats, I hear like the most minimal treble. Its amazing how I now dont hear some instruments. 

If so, I'm surprised given the majority of positive reviews I've read about them!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back