Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 24, 2014 at 11:16 AM Post #9,721 of 35,472
My Vivo XE800 and Sidy SJP800 came in today. The XE800 really seems promising, haven't got around to the the SJP800's yet just put them on burn in.....

It seems as if the XE800 in bulk are still available but something is weird since I can't find them in a search but if I click on the item in "my orders" it says 8 available and I'm able to put them in my cart again, strange......

Oct 24, 2014 at 11:57 AM Post #9,723 of 35,472
  It's also what's causing issues for quite a few people, unfortunately. 

In my opinion, they should redesign it with standard mmcx connectors, and pay a better attention on a connector side inside of the shell.  I have plenty of quality budget mmcx cables (from lunashops and fiio), so I can live with a replacement but would prefer a standard universal mmcx connector.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:26 PM Post #9,724 of 35,472
In my opinion, they should redesign it with standard mmcx connectors, and pay a better attention on a connector side inside of the shell.  I have plenty of quality budget mmcx cables (from lunashops and fiio), so I can live with a replacement but would prefer a standard universal mmcx connector.

That would be good as well.

Any recommendations for a replacement cable for Shure IEMs? I've been thinking of getting the FiiO cable.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:43 PM Post #9,725 of 35,472
That would be good as well.

Any recommendations for a replacement cable for Shure IEMs? I've been thinking of getting the FiiO cable.

FiiO cable is ok but has a lot of microphonics and cable shielding is not as soft.  I tested and reviewed this one: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4456 in UE900 and W-series thread, excellent 5N OCC silver plated cable for $40 and very noticeable sound improvement over the stock copper wire cable.

Oct 24, 2014 at 12:49 PM Post #9,726 of 35,472
My Vivo XE800 and Sidy SJP800 came in today. The XE800 really seems promising, haven't got around to the the SJP800's yet just put them on burn in.....

It seems as if the XE800 in bulk are still available but something is weird since I can't find them in a search but if I click on the item in "my orders" it says 8 available and I'm able to put them in my cart again, strange......

Mine displays this message..

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:12 PM Post #9,727 of 35,472
Head-Direct messed up on my address, and my RE-300 got returned to sender. Really bummed about this. I sent customer service an email. Hopefully I hear back with a rectification of this issue soon?

Until then, it's my TTPOD T1e, B3, and Doppios.

Oct 24, 2014 at 1:44 PM Post #9,730 of 35,472

FiiO cable is ok but has a lot of microphonics and cable shielding is not as soft.  I tested and reviewed this one: http://www.lunashops.com/goods.php?id=4456 in UE900 and W-series thread, excellent 5N OCC silver plated cable for $40 and very noticeable sound improvement over the stock copper wire cable.

Thanks, that cable looks great! Do you think I can get a link to your review?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it :wink:
Link for those interested:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624973/ultimate-ears-ue-900-discussion-and-impressions-thread/3690#post_10953426

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:20 PM Post #9,732 of 35,472
Oct 24, 2014 at 2:23 PM Post #9,733 of 35,472
It's also what's causing issues for quite a few people, unfortunately. 

The cable is nice, but the unique connection and poop for strain reliefs hurt. I treat mine like gold and use them a lot less than I want to because of the cable., and party because they are awesome and I would hate to see them die, even temporarily. Hopefully the Sonic mh415 is 85% of the VSD3 in sq, and far surpasses it in cable quality.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:25 PM Post #9,734 of 35,472

Thanks, that cable looks great! Do you think I can get a link to your review?

Edit: Nevermind, I found it :wink:
Link for those interested:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/624973/ultimate-ears-ue-900-discussion-and-impressions-thread/3690#post_10953426

Yep, and the mirror of the review with comments and pictures of W40 here: http://www.head-fi.org/t/683099/new-westone-w-series/645#post_10953433 - the same review, just a different section about headphones with W40 impression.

Oct 24, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #9,735 of 35,472
does anyone know how to open the Don Scorpio Dolphin? the right phone has this extremely rattling sound at low frequencies. maybe I can fix this myself so I don't have to send them back to hong kong, wait forever, and whine about shipping costs, etc.

The pads are just clicked to the housing so just put you nails underneath and gently (it will take some power) loosen one and one clip until they come off. Once they're off just unscrew and open them up.

Lycka till :wink:

I was able to place it in my cart..
Does it mean I still can purchase the item?

Final exams and work has really derailed my purchasing the xe800..
How do you like yours?

If you're able to put them in your cart I can see no reason that you shouldn't be able to order them.

I've only used them for a few hours yet but I'm really liking what I'm hearing. I can easily see these becoming my Havi B3 alternative when I need a bit more bass or doesn't want to use an amp. Will need some more time to make final judgement though.

@rafaelroxalot

I really don't hear any more sibilance on these than on the T1E's. I wonder if there might be a bad match with your source or something else...... If you're able to could you post a link to one song that you find the sibilance obvious on?

Edit: Been listening to some Eva Cassidy from X3 feeding NX1 and the sibilance is very noticeable. Interesting thing is that if I remove the NX1 and use the hp out on the X3 the sibilance is less (but still clearly audible). I've actually experienced the same with the X3 and NX1 pairing with the Havi's as well just not as obvious as with the XE800.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back