Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 4, 2014 at 12:35 PM Post #5,566 of 35,472
hmm....I have E11 but never had ny issues with the weighty 3G when paired......so fiio excels there?

E11k is dead quiet with resolution suitable for neutral/reference phones.  I guess if you don't require high level of details and just need a sound step up from a lo-fi or mid-fi mp3 player, NX1 would be a perfect solution!  I don't even know if 1.5x-2x price difference will warrant a double improvement in sound quality since I don't have NX1.  One thing for sure, FiiO guys don't just pick components with a better spec and find combination that works the best, they are actually very experienced in pwb layout to isolate any source of noise coupling or interference.

Aug 4, 2014 at 12:45 PM Post #5,568 of 35,472

The E11k looks really sexy, tried it with any high impedance headphone?
And what about the hiss with IEMs?

T1 comes in a brownish box and T1-E comes in a black box.

Sorry, don't have any high impedance phones.  I'm all portable, but really enjoyed it with HP150 and IM03.  Will also test it with Havi B3ProI soon.  No hiss at all even with my higher sensitivity IEMs.  Will do more testing and have a full review ready, though have to wait until E11k is officially available for sale in US to publish it since it's a review unit.

T1-E came in a black box...

Aug 4, 2014 at 1:02 PM Post #5,569 of 35,472
  wonder if Fiio E11k would be a good pairing for my DX50. I'm mainly concerned about getting rid of the noise of the internal amplifier on DX50...

As long as you have Line Out and don't need to drive high impedance power hungry headphones, it should work.  I tried it with both AP100 and X5 and it was as pleasant improvement.  Beside more details, it also widens soundstage.  Some people even step up to E12, and that's a reason why FiiO made HS6 kit to stack it up with X5, but it might be a bit of an overkill for a number of IEMs.  Heck, you can even use E06, but margin in sound improvement will go down.

Aug 4, 2014 at 2:49 PM Post #5,574 of 35,472
I have no idea about how much of an upgrade the E11K is to the original E11 but there seem to be an consensus that the NX1 outperform the E11 and I agree fully with that.

Btw the output impedance on the NX1 is 0.15 Ohm.

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #5,576 of 35,472
What I'm talking is Beevo headphones. Those are cheap plastic headphones. At  cheapest you can buy those for 7 euros with free shipping. But ******* those have some insane drives. 40mm basic drivers. First time I heard the beevos I kind of laughed. These had a huge soundstage, not realistic some sounds came out of another universe. I used to think these were a special effect headphones. After some burn in it all came together. These on ear portables have a massive soundstage. Since then I have done a lot of experiments with the driver. I've even come close to the soundstage of closed back soundstage kind JVC DX1000. . On a portable headphone. Main problem with beevos is that the upper end is quite recessed.  But wit mods it can be mended. What is awesome that those tiny 40mm drivers in a closed housing give a better soundstage than hd600 (compared, tried and confirmed).  And these things cost about 7 euros. I've been modding these for 6 months. I have achieved alot. I'n my opinion my modded pair is allmost as good as mikros90(has a bigger soundstage). I'm back in the school so i have no time to pursue this. So I though I'd go public. This is no ********. I've only told one guy about this before and he ordered these to his store to sell.  So yeah... Someone, tag this post. This is some important stuff :)

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #5,577 of 35,472
it does not matter if it is Bv-hM700 or BV-HM710 those both use the same drivers. As in itself it might not be worth the investment...well, actually it kind of is. Best portable headphones for "free" but after significant burn in. These things will rock your world and that is guaranteed!

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:16 PM Post #5,578 of 35,472
@Beocord

OK you got my attention :wink:

Which Beevo model are you talking about?

Edit: Sorry, didn't see your post before I posted :wink:

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:18 PM Post #5,579 of 35,472
  The clear TTpod is the T1, not T1-E. I know because I have one.

So the one I posted earlier (http://www.head-fi.org/t/684159/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-headphones-iems-amps-dacs/5565#post_10768572) looks like your T1?  Maybe that explains the problem.

Can someone with clear T1E post a few close-up pictures from a similar angles as I did?

Aug 4, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #5,580 of 35,472
This is a story that is worth telling. I'ts not like we get headphone stories every day, right :) Inspired by this thread I started seeking on ear chinese headphones. I tried a lot of headphones. I even posted at this thread, but I always excluded this find. I knew I had found something so special that I would be a *******d idiot if I'd just gave it all away.

At the same time I got the beevos I got AKG K550. I wanted to like the AKG's but I did not. My comments on K550 can be found on the AKG 550 thread, but main reason why I did not like the AKG's was that I had just stumbled abon Beevos. Practically free headphones that made fun of AKG's great effort in makinga mediocre priced hifi headphone. And Beevo made it for seven euros.  At first Beevos sound really weird. It is like they have black space between between instruments (and not in that good way) It is like multispeaker headphones. But after a while it settles down and you have just a a HUGE soundstage on a closed portable headphone.

I took of the original pads and replaced those with something bigger but like wise sized(dont remember where those came from) and then put on hm5 pads on top of that. HOLY F'n Shisse... The soundstage was huge. Not huge like on Takstar pro80 with hm5 pads, but similar to soundstage of JVC DX1000. That is when I knew I had stubled on something special.

Since then I have had more than 10 pairs of Beevos. I've done a lot of mods withh different housings. After a while I talked about his with a guy who knows more about headphones than I do. He even has a own headphones store. He was in awe by the performance these things offered and now these are readily available in his store.

I had these classy alloy metal chassis which I put these headphones in when I was trying to achieve the better sound. I had these really cool looking headphones. It was like 7 euros for beevos and 10 euros for the headband and hinge. My landlord saw me wearing those headphones and wanted to listen to them. It was because those were white and alloy, look good with his aplle products.  After a listen he said he want's a pair. Not because those looked good but because it was best audio he had ever heard. I said those are not awailable because I made those. He said I better start making more! He said I'f I needed money he could invest something between 5000-10000 into this business.

So yeah.,...dunk that. I got back into school (at an old age) so I don't have the time to do that. So I decided to went public. I'm not going to make anything out of this so it might aswell be commong knowledge.

As on it's own these won't beat hi2050 or superlux in it's stock form. But after you take into notion that these come as a closed on ear headphones.... Yeah. After some modding, the takstars are left in the dust. Superlux is not to be mentioned. I had a deging which I was working on, it was supposed to be better than 300 euro portable beyerdynamics. It would have been but i would have not been able to make any profit out of it.

Anyway... Give these a try. Give em a proper burn in. Try those in other housings. Seriously those 2cent plastic cases are a disgrace for such drivers!

Here is a good link for ordering these http://www.aliexpress.com/item/New-Arrival-New-BEEVO-Stereo-Headset-Headband-PC-Notebook-Gaming-Headset-With-Microphone-Black-Free-Shipping/1677964849.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back