Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 11, 2014 at 1:26 PM Post #4,516 of 35,472
Just posted my review/comparison of Ostry KC06 and KC06A: http://www.head-fi.org/products/ostry-kc06-high-fidelity-stereo-inner-ear-earphones/reviews/11275

Enjoy!

Jul 11, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #4,517 of 35,472
Nice twister, just saw a link on the front page also. My kc06a still has its own issues with cable memory after all this time. The kinks in the cable along with just getting more iems have pushed the kc06a to the background with me but pulled them out today and it is nice to give them a listen again.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 11, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #4,518 of 35,472
  Nice twister, just saw a link on the front page also. My kc06a still has its own issues with cable memory after all this time. The kinks in the cable along with just getting more iems have pushed the kc06a to the background with me but pulled them out today and it is nice to give them a listen again.

Trust me, this cable issue already got Ostry's attention.  They replied back to me about taking it into a future consideration of improvements :wink:

Jul 11, 2014 at 4:34 PM Post #4,520 of 35,472
The cable was a significant issue for me. Glad they are looking at it.
I think they should go the route of Sony cables.
The Penon iem has a similar cable to the Sony style cable, but with a small bit of spring. That cable style would fit them well.

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #4,522 of 35,472
listening to radiohead - no surprises with my ttpod t1e using c3 -> smsl sap4s. cant believe what im hearing 
eek.gif
 it actually sounds better than my kc06A. only with this song tho. 99% of my library is metal and t1e is actually really bad for metal but with this song, im completely blown away. 

Jul 11, 2014 at 9:56 PM Post #4,523 of 35,472
listening to radiohead - no surprises with my ttpod t1e using c3 -> smsl sap4s. cant believe what im hearing :eek:  it actually sounds better than my kc06A. only with this song tho. 99% of my library is metal and t1e is actually really bad for metal but with this song, im completely blown away. 

Because of the nature of metal, how it's recorded, and the essence of how frequencies cross between bass and guitars, it's essential to listen with IEM's that have high levels of separation, and fast quick bass response. Without those two, you will get loud sounding, claustrophobic soup. KC06, Tenores, GR07, B3, and Pistons were all excellent metal IEM's I've owned.

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:31 PM Post #4,526 of 35,472
Because of the nature of metal, how it's recorded, and the essence of how frequencies cross between bass and guitars, it's essential to listen with IEM's that have high levels of separation, and fast quick bass response. Without those two, you will get loud sounding, claustrophobic soup. KC06, Tenores, GR07, B3, and Pistons were all excellent metal IEM's I've owned.

have you tried the kc06A ? sold my kc06 after i got them. real good for metal \m/ 

Jul 11, 2014 at 10:49 PM Post #4,527 of 35,472
But I get the feeling the Doppio are gonna kick all their a***s with metal!
wink.gif

Don't want to burst your bubble, but you probably going to be disappointed with Doppio.  Of course, opinions are subjective, but I just spent over an hour going between Tenore, Doppio, KC06, KC06A, IM03, and VSD3S, and I'm pretty much ready to let go Tenore and Doppio.  If I can argue that at least Tenore (I have a reference pair) has a quality bass with a little bit of quantity to give it some body, Doppio is sitting at analytical level of IM02 and Ety's (HF2).

Regarding VSD3S, it's like KC06 with a bass of KC06A and brighter mids.  Had to do some extensive tip rolling and settled down on hybrid tips to get brightness under control.  Bass texture is mind blowing.  So far the only negative comment is proprietary mmcx connector which doesn't have as tight snap as I'm used to in Westone and UE.  Dual pin IM03 connector is probably the best, but constant adjustment of behind the ear memory wire and inferior bass (it's BA drivers can't reach the same sub-bass texture details of VSonic) - puts VSD3S ahead of everybody in my book now, though I find IM03 mids smoother with a more controlled brightness in comparison to KC06x and VSD3S.

Jul 11, 2014 at 11:02 PM Post #4,529 of 35,472
  Do you guys think a Moto X would be strong enough to drive Havi B3's loud enough to play drums over or do you think I should just go with an easier to driver IEM (Tenores or VSD3S).

I haven't had the pleasure of hearing the Havi's but our good friend and fellow head-fier, Peter123 wrote this great comparison of the two. 

http://www.head-fi.org/t/669510/the-new-iem-of-vsonic-vsd-3s-impression-updated-by-smailbz/1170#post_10661732

Quote:
  Regarding VSD3S, it's like KC06 with a bass of KC06A and brighter mids.  Had to do some extensive tip rolling and settled down on hybrid tips to get brightness under control. Bass texture is mind blowing.  

Like so, 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back