Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 10, 2014 at 3:44 AM Post #4,471 of 35,472
Could have turned out to have been an unfavorable sound sig or lack of hype. The audio world has been going by pretty fast for me personally after being away from head fi for a week and upon my return I am already intrigued by many new headphones. Never heard or read about the h-150 and only just recently heard of the h-300 myself, so if I were to craft a theory possibly the hype got sucked out in favor for another t-peos iem.

Ok so T-PEOS came out with a dual dynamic driver/single BA hybrid IEM, H-150, and there's almost no info on it, even with current prices going for $100.00. WHY IS THAT? Did they turn out to suck? Even for someone who isn't a fan of T-PEOS, this seems an intriguing concept.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Jul 10, 2014 at 3:52 AM Post #4,472 of 35,472
Ok so T-PEOS came out with a dual dynamic driver/single BA hybrid IEM, H-150, and there's almost no info on it, even with current prices going for $100.00. WHY IS THAT? Did they turn out to suck? Even for someone who isn't a fan of T-PEOS, this seems an intriguing concept.

Never heard of, maybe someone messed up the name somwhere and this is it:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/724546/new-t-peos-altone200-3-way-hybrid-introduction-high-end-sound-cheap-as-chips/135#post_10698258

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:19 AM Post #4,474 of 35,472

No idea - it doesn't seem like it ever really took off. I mean, can you find it available for purchase anywhere? If not, it's safe to assume it hasn't been released to the public and that's the reason for lack of reviews.

On another note, please could you stop posting the same thing in three threads at a time? You've done it twice in the span of 30 minutes. If you have a look at Head-Fi's ToS, you'll see the following under posting etiquette: 

Do not cross-post. (Cross-posting is posting the same post to more than one thread, or the same thread to more than one forum.)

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:34 AM Post #4,475 of 35,472
It happens all the time, genius. I've been visiting this site for years. People who are supposed to be the cream of the cream will post something on the Chinese thread, discovery thread, and a thread that directly deals with the selected item, to give those who might not browse through EVERY page a chance to we included. Take the sb elsewhere, sir. Thank you very much.

Oh and they are available on eBay for various prices. I've got Doppio on the way, so I can't really get anything new until I at least give them a good spin.

Jul 10, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #4,477 of 35,472
Speaking of the discovery thread, that place seems to be dying a slow death? That page used to take days to go through if you missed a few hours, and lately you get maybe three or four posts every couple days. New discoveries can't have slowed up that much can they? I love the Chinese/Asian thread. Always mega insightful, informative, full of cool people, and always brisk with the postings and ponderings.

Jul 10, 2014 at 5:43 AM Post #4,481 of 35,472
Peter, what's your favorite IEM at the moment, and are you thinking about getting the Doppio?

My favorite is Havi B3 without any contest. Getting them has really changed the way I listen too and value my gear, even my full size cans. If I need more bass my current favourite is the vsd3s.

Regarding the Doppios I'm gonna pass. I've got a self choosen limit of $100 for an IEM. The reason for this is that I feel that IEM's get outdated pretty fast. In my early days I did get a few IEM's above $100 and they all got outperformed by much cheaper stuff pretty fast.

Over here it's also almost impossible to sell some "unknown" Asian brand iem second hand so I'm pretty much stucked with what I get whether I like it or not.

I'm really more of a full size can man (preferable open) and choose to use more money on them since they seem to hold up much longer to newer offerings.

The budget iem buying is just fun and I really enjoy being a part of the discussions here and even be able to make some contribution every once in a while.

Jul 10, 2014 at 7:11 AM Post #4,482 of 35,472
Jul 10, 2014 at 3:17 PM Post #4,484 of 35,472
Here is my mini-review of Penon IEM headphones (http://penonaudio.com/PENON-IEM).

I don't have to tell you about Penonaudio, most of the Head-fi visitors are well aware of their on-line store and ebay store (under bigbargainonline seller name).  As a thank you to their customers, they are running a special deal on a pair of $100 IEMs where with a purchase of any other product in the store, members can get these headphones for a special price of $9.99.

It's truly an amazing deal to get a pair of headphones with a frequency response curve per below graph.

But as we all know, you gotta trust your ears than eyes, so here is my impressions after 30hrs of burn in.

First of all, they have a very solid build, alloy metal shell with a nice copper finish.  Even a strain relief is an extension of the shell, and all metal.  Cable is soft, tangle free, has a memory-free jacket, and as a matter of fact you can wear these either wire down or up.  Also, I didn't hear any microphonics.  Though, not exactly feather light, I still consider them to be light enough and the fitment was very comfortable.  There is no chin slider, but it's still easy to manage it with behind the ear fitment to hold the wires down.  The shell has two pinhole openings, at the nozzle (as I always find that one appropriate for a bass control) and at the end of the body (for soundstange and airness).  Included accessories were S/M/L eartips and M/L double-flange tips.  I saw someone post a picture with other set of eartips (white), so I'm not 100% sure if my set came with "standard" accessories selection.

In terms of sound, even after a burn in, I still find them v-shaped with enhanced low end.  Overall sound is warm, detailed, more laid back.  The bass extends pretty low with a nice sub-bass texture.  Mid-bass has a nice slam, but I found the attack to be not as aggressive.  The bass sounds a little more rounded.  I also felt it spills a little bit into lower mids.  Mids are detailed, clear, but feel recessed.  It's not as obvious from FR graph, so perhaps overpowering bass enhances that effect.  Treble has a very nice extension (definitely improved after burn in), and no hint of sibilance.  This combination gives a very smooth, warm, laid back signature to a sound.  Now, where these are absolute shine is in soundstage - is very wide and deep!  I was definitely impressed with that.

As I have mentioned in the past, my sound preference is for a more balanced sound with brighter/leveled mids, but I still enjoyed the fun signature sound of these IEMs.  I'm honestly not so sure about $99 price tag, but for $10 these represent an amazing value and perhaps will make a good addition to your collection or as a present to someone who enjoys extra bass in their sound!

Jul 10, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #4,485 of 35,472
Awesome review twister 
cool.gif

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back