Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 15, 2014 at 12:21 PM Post #1,981 of 35,472

I actually have the KZ one that I can sell to you. Its like $5 if you want to try it.

I couldn't get a good fit with it. Too big for my ear canal. Otherwise, its a cool dual driver.. Just doesn't seal or isolate like an in ear.

Mar 15, 2014 at 12:32 PM Post #1,982 of 35,472
I actually use "fauxsound" and Viper4android to increase the gain, but I still don't think its enough. It just makes it more listenable.

Fauxsound setting does not stick. The ui shows that the gain increased but you have to keep the app open all the time to have the gain stick.

On the other hand, this mod does the same permanently without an app.

:)

Mar 15, 2014 at 7:03 PM Post #1,986 of 35,472
  This seller has no feedback but the item is interesting. I send him an email to get more info: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Diy-ie80-earphones-diy-earphones/1591113005.html

(Seems like the driver has two components: one dynamic, one armature)

Another interesting iem: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bestate-quality-DIY-earphone-Stereo-HiFi-better-then-IE80-professional-earphone-100-SG-POST-free/1713613438.html

I don't trust either listing in the slightest.

Mar 16, 2014 at 4:40 AM Post #1,989 of 35,472
  This seller has no feedback but the item is interesting. I send him an email to get more info: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Diy-ie80-earphones-diy-earphones/1591113005.html

(Seems like the driver has two components: one dynamic, one armature)

Another interesting iem: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Bestate-quality-DIY-earphone-Stereo-HiFi-better-then-IE80-professional-earphone-100-SG-POST-free/1713613438.html

You will find similar DIY  hybrids on Taobao, but with Astrotec AX30/35 which are cheaper and known here on HF I guess those are more safe bet.

Mar 16, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #1,990 of 35,472
I am using Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) as main source  and the amplification is poor for higher impedance earphones, so I sometimes plug it to my E11 amp but in that case I loose some details.

Yesterday I have purchased a sound amplification booster software called as "Voodoo" (Known as Voodoo Louder) from the Playstore. It is supposed that, this software only controls and raises the analog output not a digital amplification effect. So amplification does not make a weird effect like distortion. I have gained about 7dB and the price were nearly free (1.5 USD from my country). Worth to try... 

FYI Android users.

Mar 16, 2014 at 8:43 AM Post #1,991 of 35,472
  I am using Samsung Galaxy S2 (i9100) as main source  and the amplification is poor for higher impedance earphones, so I sometimes plug it to my E11 amp but in that case I loose some details.

Yesterday I have purchased a sound amplification booster software called as "Voodoo" (Known as Voodoo Louder) from the Playstore. It is supposed that, this software only controls and raises the analog output not a digital amplification effect. So amplification does not make a weird effect like distortion. I have gained about 7dB and the price were nearly free (1.5 USD from my country). Worth to try... 

FYI Android users.

You are loosing details using an e11 amp??? That makes no sense.

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:21 AM Post #1,992 of 35,472
  You are loosing details using an e11 amp??? That makes no sense.

Yes, I can hear the differences, that's why I am also planning to make a line out cable to my i9100. If I bypass the internal amp of the phone may be I can get some improvements... Don't know, I will try if I have enough time...

Mar 16, 2014 at 9:30 AM Post #1,993 of 35,472

FYI Android users.

Device supported: Samsung ROMs
Galaxy S II International: GT-I9100
Galaxy S II AT&T: SGH-I777
Galaxy S II Sprint: SPH-D710
Galaxy S II Korean: M250S
Galaxy S II Japanese: SC-02C
Galaxy S II US Cellular: SCH-R760
Galaxy Note International: GT-N7000
Galaxy Tab 7.7 International: GT-P6800
Galaxy Tab 7.7 International Wi-fi: GT-P6810
Galaxy Tab 7 Plus: GT-P6200, GT-P6210, SGH-T869
Galaxy S II LTE and HD (Qualcomm and not Exynos: totally different hardware) are NOT supported.
CyanogenMod or MIUI users: any version should work since LOUDER 2.0.
Recent unofficial Jelly Bean ports break the application, please run reliable stable firmwares instead.

no dice on Nexus 5......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back