Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 28, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #1,711 of 35,472
NY, yes i did email them, they emailed me back with it. It left HK post on the 24th. Made it here in 4days. HK Post is SOOOOO much better than China post.

+1 on HK Post.

I've got equal good experience with Singapore Post as well.

Feb 28, 2014 at 1:47 PM Post #1,712 of 35,472
Just received the Astrotec AX-30, used.  I was expecting a lot of bass, but they have less bass than the Tenore, Gratitude, and Fidelio S2.  Is this to be expected, or am I having seal issues?  I tried all four stock tips and meelectronics bi-flange.  Will try others and burn-in.

Feb 28, 2014 at 5:13 PM Post #1,713 of 35,472
Was curious about the havi b3 and penonaudio never sent me a tracking number, sent an email few hours ago but went and checked my mail and they arrived. So that was nice and bit unexpected.

So the havi pro are pretty impressive with all the included items, stock tips not too big a fan. Tip rolling with some sony hybrids, shure olives, think my so far preferred are the silicone brainwavz b2 tips I had around. Quite pleased with the sound quality, not too bassy so bit different from my last few headphones which is a nice change.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Feb 28, 2014 at 5:39 PM Post #1,714 of 35,472
So how do we know we actually have the original Havi pro?? I am not complaining, as these sound wonderful! While the somic has a lil more grunt with the bass, these have unbelievable mids. The stereo imaging is ridiculously wide. And the build quality is TOP NOTCH. Im keeping my somics though, because they really hang in there with these at half the cost.

Feb 28, 2014 at 10:08 PM Post #1,716 of 35,472
  So how do we know we actually have the original Havi pro?? I am not complaining, as these sound wonderful! While the somic has a lil more grunt with the bass, these have unbelievable mids. The stereo imaging is ridiculously wide. And the build quality is TOP NOTCH. Im keeping my somics though, because they really hang in there with these at half the cost.

As of now, a red dot or something like it will be on the package.

What you're hearing sounds like the Pro 1 I've always loved. Neutral clear mids and highs, with imaging that is unmatched by any earphone. Just a tad more bass would have made it perfect, but you can always add your own.

Mar 1, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #1,717 of 35,472
This is in reference to LG-GS100; Quadbeats2 from LG are highly regarded (though I never auditioned these myself), but I seen from some charts they have V shaped eq so it's for the fans of fun sound who don't care about mids.

Does anybody have these and can let me know what they sound like in reality?

... sorry, had to edit the post, got messed up while typing from the phone.

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:42 AM Post #1,718 of 35,472
Just received my Dolphin's yesterday. They are very stylish looking, and perfect size for my daily commute.They are moderately comfortable. Clamping is a bit tight, and earpads are a bit small. Build quality is a bit questionable though. They creak, and feel like they wont last.That plastic band is gonna crack in no time. I guess time will tell, but for the price, I would have expected a better build. Now on to the sound. Really, really good. Not quite as good as the takstar 80's, but still very good. Plenty of bass, mids are a little recessed, highs are a bit harsh. Some eq'ing is needed, but once done, they sound really nice. These will be replacing my vmoda m100's. They dont have as much bass, but overall they are much more "alive". They also have GREAT noise isolation. If you can get them for $100 or less, I say they are worth it. I went through tvc mall and feel like I overpaid.

Mar 1, 2014 at 8:55 AM Post #1,719 of 35,472
Just received my Dolphin's yesterday. They are very stylish looking, and perfect size for my daily commute.They are moderately comfortable. Clamping is a bit tight, and earpads are a bit small. Build quality is a bit questionable though. They creak, and feel like they wont last.That plastic band is gonna crack in no time. I guess time will tell, but for the price, I would have expected a better build. Now on to the sound. Really, really good. Not quite as good as the takstar 80's, but still very good. Plenty of bass, mids are a little recessed, highs are a bit harsh. Some eq'ing is needed, but once done, they sound really nice. These will be replacing my vmoda m100's. They dont have as much bass, but overall they are much more "alive". They also have GREAT noise isolation. If you can get them for $100 or less, I say they are worth it. I went through tvc mall and feel like I overpaid.

Wow, this doesn't sound promising for me. I was hoping they could replace my ue6000 as my travelling companion. Questionable built, low comfort and a sound worse than the Pro 80's doesn't sound as if will be the case.

I also got mine from tvc mall :frowning2:

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:08 AM Post #1,720 of 35,472

I actually was able to bend the headband almost flat.  I know it looks like it might crack, but it surprisingly durable.  With earpads, I put them against M-100, M50, P7, and inner "donut" fitment is almost the same; anything is better than Senns Momentum over-ears lol!!!  But as I mentioned before, if my M-100 would sound like Dolphin - that would be one killer combo build like a tank.  Btw, burn in did help with a sound, so I would recommend it.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #1,721 of 35,472
Wow, this doesn't sound promising for me. I was hoping they could replace my ue6000 as my travelling companion. Questionable built, low comfort and a sound worse than the Pro 80's doesn't sound as if will be the case.

I also got mine from tvc mall
frown.gif

I wouldn't say they are low comfort, just a bit tight. The pads are small also, I have small ears, so they could be a problem for big ears. And as far as sounding worse than the Pro 80's, it might just be my personal opinion. We are comparing a 40mm driver vs a 53mm driver. I think that's where the compromise comes in to play. I wouldn't say i'm disappointed, just not blown away like i was when i put on the taks.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:15 AM Post #1,722 of 35,472

I actually was able to bend the headband almost flat.  I know it looks like it might crack, but it surprisingly durable.  With earpads, I put them against M-100, M50, P7, and inner "donut" fitment is almost the same; anything is better than Senns Momentum over-ears lol!!!  But as I mentioned before, if my M-100 would sound like Dolphin - that would be one killer combo build like a tank.  Btw, burn in did help with a sound, so I would recommend it.

Wow, i'm not sure I want to break these already. LOL. I totally agree about the momentum's, they were terrible with fitment. Speaking of the momentum's, I would say these sound almost identicle, but with more bass.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:33 AM Post #1,723 of 35,472

I wouldn't say they are low comfort, just a bit tight. The pads are small also, I have small ears, so they could be a problem for big ears. And as far as sounding worse than the Pro 80's, it might just be my personal opinion. We are comparing a 40mm driver vs a 53mm driver. I think that's where the compromise comes in to play. I wouldn't say i'm disappointed, just not blown away like i was when i put on the taks.

Thanks guys, I feel a bit more optimistic now :wink:

I've got a small head and small ears so hopefully comfort will not be to bad.

Will probably get my pair on Monday so I'll find out soon enough.

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #1,724 of 35,472
  Wow, i'm not sure I want to break these already. LOL. I totally agree about the momentum's, they were terrible with fitment. Speaking of the momentum's, I would say these sound almost identicle, but with more bass.

Right on!  I don't have my Momentums anymore, but that exactly what came to my mind when I start listening to Dolphins.  With earpad fitment, I'm a bit surprised since I also consider that my ears are small and it feels comfy in those pads.  Just had to measure my ears, about 61mm, while measuring inner opening of Dolphin pads is about 55-56mm, so ears get tucked in comfy.

Now, I have to check out those Pro 80's :)

Mar 1, 2014 at 9:50 AM Post #1,725 of 35,472

I am trying to decide between Takstar Pro80, Takstar HD5500 and the Dolphin. The Dolphin looks great, but reading that its sound is not at the level of Pro80 and that it's small (I am tall and have a large head), I am leaning on one of the Takstars...would you advise so?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back