Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 26, 2014 at 8:54 PM Post #1,667 of 35,472
  Yes. The Pro II tries to sound like the Pistons, but does it with much less treble, much less.

The Pro 1 treble is crisp and clear as can be, but doesn't have as much bass.

So are Pistons better then both versions of Havi B3 Pro?

Feb 26, 2014 at 8:58 PM Post #1,668 of 35,472
Just got my takstar pro80's. Sound is unbelievable. I would have thought they were $300. Plenty of controlled bass, silky smooth treble, and lively mids. Really liking them. What I don't like is the build quality. I have $10 over the ears built better than these. I don't see how they could hold up...I guess I was expecting a lil something better with build, but at $55 I guess I could always buy a new pair when they break. Once I get my dolphins, I will see which I like better, keep one, sell the other.

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:31 PM Post #1,669 of 35,472
Just got my takstar pro80's. Sound is unbelievable. I would have thought they were $300. Plenty of controlled bass, silky smooth treble, and lively mids. Really liking them. What I don't like is the build quality. I have $10 over the ears built better than these. I don't see how they could hold up...I guess I was expecting a lil something better with build, but at $55 I guess I could always buy a new pair when they break. Once I get my dolphins, I will see which I like better, keep one, sell the other.

try to change the pads to HM5 pads and stuff the insides with cotton or rope and enjoy it more. IMO build quality is good, not great but ok. if anything I would comment on the Pro 80's is the cable but that is just me nit pickin.

cheers!

Feb 26, 2014 at 9:48 PM Post #1,671 of 35,472
  No. The Havi Pro 1 is my favorite by far. The Pistons are better than Havi Pro 2 though.

Thank god! I have ordered the Pro I yesterday.
May be it's just because of the shape, but I really want to see how it'll compare to IE80.

Feb 26, 2014 at 11:44 PM Post #1,672 of 35,472
Cant wait for more impressions on the  Dolphin, took the plunge and bought them just now. Hope to receive them after a day or two. I'll give my impressions and compare them with the Takstars (Pro80 and HD6000) as soon as I get hold of them. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,673 of 35,472
  Hard to say, whether it was discontinued and some remaining stock made available for sale - or it  is being again produced. I jumped at the possibility of getting one trough a dependable seller ASAP ( please see a couple of posts back ). I suggest getting it quickly , if you want ti; if it is remaining stock only with no new production of the Old Version, the supplies are likely to drain fast.

For Havi Pro (old version), I had spoken to them and told him that it is popular on here. They capitalise on that and reproduce the current batch. I order 2 set for myself and I would believe they have around 50units for current batch, as I asked him how many does he have. He only replied that he has quite a number but lmited unless someone purchase large quantity. Somehow, I noticed the price for old Pro has gone up as well. If you really want it, grab it in case they decided to stop producing it again. However, I think they will produce another batch If the demand is high.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:09 AM Post #1,674 of 35,472

For Havi Pro (old version), I had spoken to them and told him that it is popular on here. They capitalise on that and reproduce the current batch. I order 2 set for myself and I would believe they have around 50units for current batch, as I asked him how many does he have. He only replied that he has quite a number but lmited unless someone purchase large quantity. Somehow, I noticed the price for old Pro has gone up as well. If you really want it, grab it in case they decided to stop producing it again. However, I think they will produce another batch If the demand is high.

Thank you for the update. It is something about what I suspected. I was quite relieved after I got the confirmation of shipment of the single pair of  Old Version by the bigbargainsonline/penonaudio in the mail first thing after I woke up.

To *think* around here is - *to know nothing* - no offence intended. In a million pcs producing society as China it is very unlikely they will produce some "boutique" quantity of "obsolete" item - but I would like nothing more than being proven wrong in this case. Let's hope...

Now the ... WAIT. That is something I could do without with anything Chinese - I know there are fast courier services out there, but in case of IEMs they are just too expensive to consider.

Feb 27, 2014 at 1:48 AM Post #1,675 of 35,472
My Dolphin's finally shipped, with DHL the should be here in the beginning of next week.

@BenF If you mod the Havi Pro ii they're way better than the Piston's. On the other hand I see no reason getting the Pro ii while the original Pro's are available.

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:15 AM Post #1,676 of 35,472
Did anyone have any luck exchanging their Havi B3 II Crap Edition for a B3 Pro? I was thinking about asking Bigbargainonline for a discount on his stock of B3 Pro if I send him my unused, Ibuygou-bought B3 II... It's a long shot, I know. :)

Feb 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #1,677 of 35,472
  Did anyone have any luck exchanging their Havi B3 II Crap Edition for a B3 Pro? I was thinking about asking Bigbargainonline for a discount on his stock of B3 Pro if I send him my unused, Ibuygou-bought B3 II... It's a long shot, I know. :)

If you're capable of modding I strongly suggest you'll remove the filters on your existing Havi's (very very easy to do) and also remove the resistors if you feel up to it (a little more comlicated and you'll need a soldering iron to do it). I've done this "operasjon" and I'm very satisfied with the result. I'll be getting my Pro's (the old version) during next week and will post a comparison between the two when I get them.

Feb 27, 2014 at 9:22 AM Post #1,678 of 35,472
So how does compare B3 Pro I with Brainwavz R3 and AT-IMH70?  All of them are dual dynamic. Have somebody heard all of them? Also it would be nice to know where does AX-35 fit in those:p

Feb 27, 2014 at 10:23 AM Post #1,679 of 35,472
  No. The Havi Pro 1 is my favorite by far. The Pistons are better than Havi Pro 2 though.

Does this have anything to do with sound signature though?  From past posts I've gotten the impression that Pro 1 is a more neutral than the Pistons' warm and bassy signature. 

Or would you say that despite a softer bass, the mids and highs are so great that it just doesn't matter; thus making pro1 superior?

Inquiring basshead minds would like some insight :)

Feb 27, 2014 at 11:00 AM Post #1,680 of 35,472
  Does this have anything to do with sound signature though?  From past posts I've gotten the impression that Pro 1 is a more neutral than the Pistons' warm and bassy signature. 

Or would you say that despite a softer bass, the mids and highs are so great that it just doesn't matter; thus making pro1 superior?

Inquiring basshead minds would like some insight :)

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back