Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 14, 2014 at 2:35 AM Post #857 of 35,472
no offense, but a single ba + single dynamic at that price, will probably sound like the Scosche hybrid, which sounds exactly like what a $50.00 hybrid should sound like...like crap. Plus with the reviews and negative press Astrotec gets...I wouldn't jump into that...but I'm sure some folks are daring enough to try it?

Ofcourse none taken.......but I think they did thr groundwork already with their single BA AX90 and triple hybrid AX60 models so they should deliver a very nice sounding cans to live up with our expectations and to sustain the fast evolving,very affordable IEM market

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:39 AM Post #858 of 35,472
  no offense, but a single ba + single dynamic at that price, will probably sound like the Scosche hybrid, which sounds exactly like what a $50.00 hybrid should sound like...like crap. Plus with the reviews and negative press Astrotec gets...I wouldn't jump into that...but I'm sure some folks are daring enough to try it?

I actually have a pair, and i can vouch for them being highly impressive at the price point. 

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:04 AM Post #859 of 35,472
Jan 14, 2014 at 5:13 AM Post #861 of 35,472
  AX30, it was 20 SGD cheaper than the AX35, but both of them are on sale at taobao currently

Thank you, yes I noticed they have good prices at the moment. Hmm, get the AX35 or save up for DN1000, it's really a tough world we live in.

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:31 AM Post #862 of 35,472
Many thanks for revealing these great hidden gems and providing terrific information and feedback fellow head-fi'ers.

My pet hate in the audio world, is companies that establish a good reputation then rip off the market and make a killing just because there name becomes well known.  I've lost count of the number of headphones I've tried that allegedly will be the greatest sounding headphones because there a Shure, Sennheiser etc, then you listen to them and wonder what the hype is about.

I applaud this thread for bringing out value products that will not cost you an arm and a leg.  There comes a point where you have to question the price point of a lot of headphones out there. Are you really getting terrific quality or just getting ripped off.  Sadly I think it's more often than not the later.

Jan 14, 2014 at 5:45 AM Post #863 of 35,472
I got the JBM 9013 in the mail today. I bought them because they looked very comfortable and they are but that's about all that's positive about them.  At $14 shipped these does NOT impress. Words like congested, hollow and boomy would be the best description of them. STAY AWAY!

For just $5 more one could get the Piston 2.0, I think these are going to be my best value for money for a long long time 
beyersmile.png

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:00 AM Post #864 of 35,472
I got the JBM 9013 in the mail today. I bought them because they looked very comfortable and they are but that's about all that's positive about them.  At $14 shipped these does NOT impress. Words like congested, hollow and boomy would be the best description of them. STAY AWAY!

For just $5 more one could get the Piston 2.0, I think these are going to be my best value for money for a long long time :beyersmile:  

@ peter123 and kahaluu

Confession time ...just ask my friend in China to get Havi B3 , Piston 2.0 and about 8 model of KZ iem for less than USD150 ....so me will is broken to pieces and resistance is futile ...just did not want to miss the opportunity of getting cheap gear ...so fingers crossed and by March when he is back ...hopefully by then I will be proud to say I am recovering IEM addict......so for now I'll just be lurking around ...kekeeeeeee

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #865 of 35,472

For just $5 more one could get the Piston 2.0, I think these are going to be my best value for money for a long long time :beyersmile:  

You should have gotten JBM MJ1000 as they are quite similar to KZ A1

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:30 AM Post #866 of 35,472

For just $5 more one could get the Piston 2.0, I think these are going to be my best value for money for a long long time 
beyersmile.png

+1

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:57 AM Post #867 of 35,472
@ peter123 and kahaluu

Confession time ...just ask my friend in China to get Havi B3 , Piston 2.0 and about 8 model of KZ iem for less than USD150 ....so me will is broken to pieces and resistance is futile ...just did not want to miss the opportunity of getting cheap gear ...so fingers crossed and by March when he is back ...hopefully by then I will be proud to say I am recovering IEM addict......so for now I'll just be lurking around ...kekeeeeeee

Shame on you 
tongue.gif

I'm really looking forward to hear your impressions of them all when you get them.

You should have gotten JBM MJ1000 as they are quite similar to KZ A1

Couldn't see any impressions on the 9013 so I thought I'd take one for the team. Unfortunately it did not turn out good this time

I'm looking forward to hear your thoughts on the DN1000 when you get them since they are on top on my short list at the moment. They're a bit price though so they would need to be a pretty big step up from the Piston 2.0 and the Havi B3 to be worth it to me.

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #868 of 35,472
  I got the JBM 9013 in the mail today. I bought them because they looked very comfortable and they are but that's about all that's positive about them.

One of the worst earphones I've had in my ears. Waste of money.

Today I received Somic MH415 - they look nice, but I don't have time to listen :frowning2:

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:27 AM Post #869 of 35,472
Jan 14, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #870 of 35,472
@ peter123 and kahaluu

Congratulation. Good for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back