Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 8, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #661 of 35,472
I love trying new stuff too! That's why I ordered the Harvey B3 and the Nuforce NE-700x as well as the Piston 2.0!

Jan 9, 2014 at 5:41 AM Post #662 of 35,472
Same here. Although I don't need them, I just buy them.
biggrin.gif

Jan 9, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #664 of 35,472
This thread has already made me order the Piston, the Havi B3, and Astrotec AX-30 in sight. I know what you mean. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 7:03 AM Post #667 of 35,472
More impressions please :popcorn:

I've listened to them for about two minutes so you'll have to wait for two more before I start hyping them :wink:

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:18 AM Post #668 of 35,472
Update on the Havi B3s after 30 hours burn-in:

1. It seems like the driver issue where the left driver is producing less sound might be just the Havi's themselves placing more emphasis on the right drivers with the bass and vocals, cause acoustic instruments have similar levels on both terminals. Still unsure so i will continue to burn them in and observe any change, quite convinced that this effect is done on purpose though.

1. Other than that i am quite surprised by the sound quality from these. Compared the RE400s, these have a thicker and smoother midrange with very prominent vocals, very similar treble though a hair darker (which i am not particularly fond of), and much deeper and punchier bass. They also have a considerably larger soundstage (although the driver issue does take away from this) along with very clear detail retrieval. Overall i do prefer these to the RE400 due to the deeper bass and the much more forward vocals.

Impression so far: If it were not for the sound imbalance, the huge housings, and the rather thick cable, i would be using this as my daily driver.

Living in China has it's perks, and this thread has spurred me to order 5 more Chinese IEMs from taobao, and i will continue to provide feedback on them. And they are:
  • Moxpad X3
  • Xiaomi Pistons v2
  • ISK SEM6
  • Astrotec AX30
  • Fidue A63

Can't wait to see you guy's Havi reviews up soon.

Jan 9, 2014 at 8:44 AM Post #669 of 35,472
It sounds as if you got a problem with one of the drivers on the left side.

Mine are very well balanced.

Jan 9, 2014 at 9:25 AM Post #670 of 35,472
  Update on the Havi B3s after 30 hours burn-in:

1. It seems like the driver issue where the left driver is producing less sound might be just the Havi's themselves placing more emphasis on the right drivers with the bass and vocals, cause acoustic instruments have similar levels on both terminals. Still unsure so i will continue to burn them in and observe any change, quite convinced that this effect is done on purpose though.

1. Other than that i am quite surprised by the sound quality from these. Compared the RE400s, these have a thicker and smoother midrange with very prominent vocals, very similar treble though a hair darker (which i am not particularly fond of), and much deeper and punchier bass. They also have a considerably larger soundstage (although the driver issue does take away from this) along with very clear detail retrieval. Overall i do prefer these to the RE400 due to the deeper bass and the much more forward vocals.

Impression so far: If it were not for the sound imbalance, the huge housings, and the rather thick cable, i would be using this as my daily driver.

Living in China has it's perks, and this thread has spurred me to order 5 more Chinese IEMs from taobao, and i will continue to provide feedback on them. And they are:
  • Moxpad X3
  • Xiaomi Pistons v2
  • ISK SEM6
  • Astrotec AX30
  • Fidue A63

Can't wait to see you guy's Havi reviews up soon.

Thanks! My B3s are still on route. Looking forward to your Moxpad impressions. They immediately caught my attention because of their really good looks. 

Jan 9, 2014 at 10:27 AM Post #673 of 35,472
  Okay I just went through the entire 45 pages of this thread. THIS IS MADNESS! Too much good stuff and I don't know where to start! What KZ iems would you guys recommend to be the best value?

The $10 ones have the best value ratio. There are also a few that have just been released this week, like the one with changeable nozzles.

This thread has already made me order the Piston, the Havi B3, and Astrotec AX-30 in sight. I know what you mean. 

Just like how your thread on the Inearpeace makes me want to buy that. Head-Fi does that a lot

I've listened to them for about two minutes so you'll have to wait for two more before I start hyping them
wink.gif

Yes, I'm interested.

As far as the left/right balance, I think I know what you mean. Listen more carefully on more tracks, or adjust it in your ear differently. I thought the same thing at first, but after some adjustment it fixed itself. I think it's from the separation. See if amping helps it, because with the parallel wiring, it requires more juice and may need it to properly power all 4 drivers.

The soundstage is huge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back