Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jan 7, 2014 at 9:50 PM Post #631 of 35,472
  I am the hype train for right now unfortunately. I'm probably the only person outside of China with them.

Once more people start hearing it, they can comment on if I'm nuts or if they are the real deal.

well...I'll be either ^5'ing you or laughing at you very soon lol I trust your ears. You got a good lineup of IEM's already, so if they rank above all of those, then they must be special?

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:45 PM Post #633 of 35,472
  well...I'll be either ^5'ing you or laughing at you very soon lol I trust your ears. You got a good lineup of IEM's already, so if they rank above all of those, then they must be special?

Special indeed. They just have that extra something that really draws me in. Everything is just so crystal clear and defined, even on the most complicated passages. Juuuust a bit more bass would have been perfection, but it takes a bass boost very well.

I have the other version on the way too, but I have a feeling I won't like it as much. I demand ruler flat response at all times, and just add the extra bass I need.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:01 PM Post #634 of 35,472
  Special indeed. They just have that extra something that really draws me in. Everything is just so crystal clear and defined, even on the most complicated passages. Juuuust a bit more bass would have been perfection, but it takes a bass boost very well.

I have the other version on the way too, but I have a feeling I won't like it as much. I demand ruler flat response at all times, and just add the extra bass I need.

That's how I like it now. I like adding the bass boost, as opposed to having it shoved in my face with a LF driver. So this sounds very exciting. 

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:07 PM Post #635 of 35,472
  That's how I like it now. I like adding the bass boost, as opposed to having it shoved in my face with a LF driver. So this sounds very exciting. 

It really benefits from an amp though. Like the M200, it sucks up quite a bit of power. Those are the two most power hungry IEMs I've had so far.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:11 PM Post #636 of 35,472
  It really benefits from an amp though. Like the M200, it sucks up quite a bit of power. Those are the two most power hungry IEMs I've had so far.

I've got a built in amp with the X3, a E11, and a E6. So amps I got covered in spades. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 12:50 AM Post #638 of 35,472
  Anyone can tell me how much improvement the Xiaomi Piston 2 has over the original old Piston?

i don't know first hand, but from others who have had both, it's significant. Starting with the original having just a standard driver, while the new 2.0 has the Beryllium driver

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:10 AM Post #639 of 35,472
  i don't know first hand, but from others who have had both, it's significant. Starting with the original having just a standard driver, while the new 2.0 has the Beryllium driver

This is getting me so excited because i have the original one and it's already stellar for its price! BERYLLIUM drivers. Oh gawd. Imagine a hybrid with a beryllium dynamic. 
eek.gif

Jan 8, 2014 at 1:38 AM Post #640 of 35,472
  This is getting me so excited because i have the original one and it's already stellar for its price! BERYLLIUM drivers. Oh gawd. Imagine a hybrid with a beryllium dynamic. 
eek.gif

A TWFK BA with a Beryllium LF driver hybrid?? And affordable out of China? COUNT ME IN!

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #641 of 35,472
Just got my Havi B3 profesh edition, seeing as i live in China it's been much easier for me.

Out of the box the sound quality seems to be quite neutral, however i wanted to burn them in for a couple days. For some reason the left driver seems to be producing significantly less noise than the right driver. 

Won't give too many opinions as of now, only had 15 minutes to play around with it. Quite clear through the SQ, quite forward mids, bright highs, deep and punchy lows. Fit has been quite the issue as the terminals are fat ****s, so i'll have to compare the sound with the stock and triple flange tips.

Wondered how long you burnt them in for bhazard, for now it seem you are the only one with experience on these.

Jan 8, 2014 at 2:19 AM Post #642 of 35,472
  Just got my Havi B3 profesh edition, seeing as i live in China it's been much easier for me.

Out of the box the sound quality seems to be quite neutral, however i wanted to burn them in for a couple days. For some reason the left driver seems to be producing significantly less noise than the right driver. 

Won't give too many opinions as of now, only had 15 minutes to play around with it. Quite clear through the SQ, quite forward mids, bright highs, deep and punchy lows. Fit has been quite the issue as the terminals are fat ****s, so i'll have to compare the sound with the stock and triple flange tips.

Wondered how long you burnt them in for bhazard, for now it seem you are the only one with experience on these.

uh oh. sounds like you have a LF or HF driver that's faulty? I came across this with my KEF M200, and in a lesser way with my Samsung HS-330. Both dual dynamic driver IEMs. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:38 AM Post #643 of 35,472
Finally got my IEMs (Tiinab T114 and Havi B3) today. It took exactly 31 days using Ugomark to USA. I really haven't had much time to spend with them because school just started. I'll try and leave some impressions tomorrow (edit: didn't realize what time it was when I made this post, lol!). But, for the time being, I'll say that the t114 definitely has the sub-bass that was missing from the VSD1S and remains clear at the same time. However, it's extremely tip dependent. And, for the Havi B3, I don't have much to say about it yet, besides it looks really cool. I just haven't really spent much time with it nor have I had a chance to mess around with the tips. Well, if I had to give my very first impressions, I'd say that it overall sounds good out of the box-- nothing sounds bad, it's clear, bass is solid (lacks the sub-bass of the t114, but seems to have more than the vsd1s). Honestly, from listening to it for maybe less than 30 minutes, it seems to be the most musical IEM I have. Really, I'm interested in figuring out what version I have.  

And :sigh: it looks like I'll be getting the Xiaomi Pistons and C&C BH amp soon too.

Pictures:

Tiinlab T114 on the left, Havi B3 on the right, Deltas in the middle, VSD1S on books.

Havi B3: Comes with a case, a pouch, three pairs of tips, and a cleaning cloth.

Tiinlab T114: Comes with a pouch and 5 pairs of tips.

Jan 8, 2014 at 4:11 AM Post #644 of 35,472
  Thanks. I got the Havi B3 Pro ordered. Decided to go with these instead of the ATH-IM70. I cancelled that order. 

You're welcome 
gs1000.gif

My B3's arrived in Norway on Monday. Usually it gets to my post office the day after it arrives in Norway but I haven't got it yet. Should be here really soon though....

Jan 8, 2014 at 6:01 AM Post #645 of 35,472
  Me too!! ALL ABOARD!!! haha ha haha ha haha Seriously though, it was a much better price than even the ATH-IM50, and $100.00 cheaper than the ATH-IM70, so if these can hang with these boys, then I'll be very stoked. I can't wait to A/B them against the KEF M200 and Samsung HS-330. 

There's always the risk of buying into a hype that has no foundation in experience; young, junior members without reference that go apesh!t over their first run-in with fidelity and spend a 1000 posts in one week describing their latest purchase as the second coming of Christ, but I've learned that there actually ARE some incredible bang-for-your-buck bits of audio kit out there. There's only so many IEMs you need though... :D 

I figured since I sold 4 headphones (DT880, K701, SR225i, XB700) this year without buying replacements I could splurge a little and take the risk. The downside of boarding the hype train is that these Chinese brands have no resell value outside of Head-Fi, so if I don't like them it's not easy to get rid of them. Oh well... 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back