Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 26, 2013 at 11:54 PM Post #514 of 35,472
  The good Moxpad seller also has the Somic Milano M3 on sale for $27 shipped right now. ePacket too.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Somic-New-Fashion-headphone-with-microphone-Noise-Canceling-portable-Headset-High-Definition-ON-Ear-DJ-studio/639551_1566659047.html

That is cheaper than from Somic themselves. Awesome deal for very good 40mm on ears.

This seller also has the Maya T3.

I received my Somic Milano M3 last week.
Fun, clear, basshead sound that are really comfortable for an on-ear.
Problem was the cheap plastic build, finger print magnet and not foldable.
I sent it back as the left side was buzzing with the bass.

Dec 27, 2013 at 3:26 AM Post #515 of 35,472
Good news man :L3000: finally

Yes, I should have them during next week. I'm also waiting for the Havi b3's and the new pistons so I'll do a comparison with all these when they arrive.

Dec 27, 2013 at 6:26 AM Post #516 of 35,472
Has anyone ordered any of the Xiaomi Pistons off eBay?  I'm curious to see if anyone has tried the original version, which I assume is without beryllium and see if it really makes that significant of a difference.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:17 AM Post #517 of 35,472
  Has anyone ordered any of the Xiaomi Pistons off eBay?  I'm curious to see if anyone has tried the original version, which I assume is without beryllium and see if it really makes that significant of a difference.

Be careful of fakes. I wouldn't trust any seller under $20, and even then unless it is from a respected company, Xiaomi partner, or Xiaomi themselves, I would be very wary. Xiaomi doesn't sell the original anymore, just to give you an indication. The new one is just a much better buy. Same price, better earphone.

I got a fake pair of the first version, and they sounded god awful.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:45 AM Post #519 of 35,472
Be careful of fakes indeed. I'd prefer to pay a premium for products from companies that innovate rather than save a few bucks on "borrowed" intellectual property.

The ironic part is the chinese copying a chinese product. I'd say its kind of a compliment to Xiaomi... that a $16 limited run earphone is copied because it is so popular.

Dec 27, 2013 at 9:30 PM Post #520 of 35,472
  The ironic part is the chinese copying a chinese product. I'd say its kind of a compliment to Xiaomi... that a $16 limited run earphone is copied because it is so popular.

If there's money to be made off of counterfeits somebody will make them, this isn't specific to China or anywhere else.

The advantage China has is that foreign companies paid for a good bit of their manufacturing tech, taught them manufacturing processes, R+D, quality control, etc.

Politics aside, anyone have a legit link for the Xiaoimis?  I'm currently working through the Samsung HS330s (a seriously underappreciated set, BTW) and I'll be ready for something new soon.

Dec 27, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #521 of 35,472

If there's money to be made off of counterfeits somebody will make them, this isn't specific to China or anywhere else.

The advantage China has is that foreign companies paid for a good bit of their manufacturing tech, taught them manufacturing processes, R+D, quality control, etc.

Politics aside, anyone have a legit link for the Xiaoimis?  I'm currently working through the Samsung HS330s (a seriously underappreciated set, BTW) and I'll be ready for something new soon.

I bought the HS330s to compare as well. Thanks for mentioning them.

This is the official Xiaomi Taobao link. Can't get any more authentic.
http://detail.tmall.com/item.htm?spm=p413746989.1.w5003-5243150420.11.er5t5B&id=26522664670&scene=taobao_shop

This is where most of us have been buying it. You can use paypal and don't need a Taobao agent for this. We aren't 100% sure if they are legit yet.
http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:13 AM Post #522 of 35,472
Just make sure you replace the stock eartips for the Samsung, and definitely do some experimenting.  Of all the IEMs I've ever tried the HS-330 probably has the most drastic changes to sound signature from tip rolling I've ever experienced.

Dec 28, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #523 of 35,472
Got a ton of the newest KZ earphones in today.

Burning the first one in. KZ CKW Pro. Typical AT house sound. Boosted bass, boosted treble. I've come to realize I'm not a fan of the AT sound unless they put out more balanced sets (like the IM50).

Very nice for $30. It easily matches some $100 sets, but the Havi is better and more accurate at $10 more.

Dec 28, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #524 of 35,472
Got a ton of the newest KZ earphones in today.

Burning the first one in. KZ CKW Pro. Typical AT house sound. Boosted bass, boosted treble. I've come to realize I'm not a fan of the AT sound unless they put out more balanced sets (like the IM50).

Very nice for $30. It easily matches some $100 sets, but the Havi is better and more accurate at $10 more.

My kz a1 arrived in Norway yesterday. I should get it next week along with the Moxpad's. Also got the Phrodi Pod201, Havi's and the new Piston's on the way. Will arrange a shootout when I get them all :)

Dec 28, 2013 at 4:28 PM Post #525 of 35,472
My kz a1 arrived in Norway yesterday. I should get it next week along with the Moxpad's. Also got the Phrodi Pod201, Havi's and the new Piston's on the way. Will arrange a shootout when I get them all
smily_headphones1.gif

My guess:  Havi > Piston 2.0 > Moxpad > a1 > Pod201

The a1 is only really good for strong bass. Never heard the Pod201.

I lost my Moxpad already as well. If it doesn't show up, I may need to order another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back