Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 11, 2013 at 3:05 PM Post #332 of 35,472
  The CKS1000 clone is sweet, and the CKW one is on its way.

I'm getting rid of my M200 if you want a barely used discounted one. It's awesome, but I need to cut down on what I have by a lot.

Are you referring to KEF M200?  Wow, what are you keeping that you like better?  Or is it just that the M200 is too expensive compared to the others that you have?

Dec 11, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #333 of 35,472
  Are you referring to KEF M200?  Wow, what are you keeping that you like better?  Or is it just that the M200 is too expensive compared to the others that you have?

KEF M200.

They are probably the best sound quality wise out of everything I have, but they are not perfect, and I also find them uncomfortable and hard to drive without an amp. I get more value and comfort out of a lot of other iems I have, and they come close in SQ. 

Need more time with the Maya T3 and Ostry later, as they sounded very good last night.

Dec 11, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #334 of 35,472
  KEF M200.

They are probably the best sound quality wise out of everything I have, but they are not perfect, and I also find them uncomfortable and hard to drive without an amp. I get more value and comfort out of a lot of other iems I have, and they come close in SQ. 

Need more time with the Maya T3 and Ostry later, as they sounded very good last night.

ph34r.gif

U certainly got my interest!
Currently I have M200 as my go-to IEM. 
If X3 and others can come close in SQ to M200, I'm all up for a change too! 

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:02 PM Post #340 of 35,472

I ordered a genuine one this time, and yes, if a chinese earphone is being copied in China, it must be good.

The Xiaomi headphone is made of aluminum, has a brown cord, and it smells like chocolate too!

Have you recieved the Xiaomi buds? Where did you order from? Spemall is a reliable Xiaomi seller.

There are actually two versions
Xiaomi Piston 1st generation
Xiaomi Piston 2ed generation

How does they sound?

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:39 PM Post #341 of 35,472

I ordered a genuine one this time, and yes, if a chinese earphone is being copied in China, it must be good.

The Xiaomi headphone is made of aluminum, has a brown cord, and it smells like chocolate too!

Have you recieved the Xiaomi buds? Where did you order from? Spemall is a reliable Xiaomi seller.

There are actually two versions
Xiaomi Piston 1st generation
Xiaomi Piston 2ed generation

How does they sound?

The fake ones I was sent sounded awful. I haven't received the official ones yet. They will probably be Gen 1.

I got the new Somic Milano M3 in today. Testing them now.

Dec 12, 2013 at 6:43 PM Post #342 of 35,472

I guess you'll keep us updated. Another reliable Xiaomi seller is Ibuygou. They also have both versions and are cheaper than Spemall.

Dec 12, 2013 at 7:15 PM Post #343 of 35,472
  Just put in a Taobao order for a "sampler platter" of inexpensive IEMs . . . Somic MH405, KZ-A1 and Moxpad X3.  All-in about $45.  FYI, I called Moxpad and they told me their official authorized dealer in Taobao/T-mall is . . . http://xunyidianqi.tmall.com/
which also happens to sell Somic and other brands. 

Do you use Google translate to understand the site? or is there an international version I don't find?

Dec 12, 2013 at 8:06 PM Post #344 of 35,472

Do you use Google translate to understand the site? or is there an international version I don't find?

Google Chrome. Then use mistertao.com or ugomark.com to actually purchase it.

Most of those IEMs can be found on aliexpress.com however, which would be the best spot to purchase. I only use Taobao when an item isn't on aliexpress, or if the prices are much cheaper on Taobao.

Dec 12, 2013 at 8:45 PM Post #345 of 35,472
The Milano M3 is another nice little On Ear for ~$30. It is better than the MH539.

Great bass for an On-Ear. Highs seem slightly pronounced to enhance clarity. Vocals seem to be neutral. Looks pretty cool. Stays nice and clear on both rock and EDM. Decent soundstage and imaging. Liking them.

Actually, these sound very impressive with the volume cranked. Nice and punchy bass, as mentioned in the description:
http://somic.cc/somiccc/product/06/02/2013-08-02/361.html

Ordered the new Xiaomi Piston from Ibuygou for $24, since they are the only official partner of Xiaomi with them, and they are on sale for the next 2 days. Thanks for showing me the updated one!

http://www.ibuygou.com/p-original_xiaomi_piston_earphone_updated_version_brown-5708-usd.html

EDIT: A Beryllium diaphragm is unheard of at this price. The big ones used in speaker compression drivers are around $2,000.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back