Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 6, 2014 at 11:10 PM Post #7,222 of 35,472

Alright great, the comparisons to H3 help a lot.

Mid-bass will be a close call for me as I much prefer more sub-bass and less bleed as possible, though I'm sure we can work this out. I'll probably go ahead though this thread and it's products move so fast, I may give it a try in coming weeks, though if it sounds like H3 tonality then that's fine (I'm actually in conversation about buying a used H3) 
wink.gif

About the Altone200 treble.

My prototype sounded very much along the lines you're describing in regards to treble. Some may remember I also borrowed 2 more units when we were testing the bass dilemma. Surprisingly one of the other pairs was warmer in the mids with noticeably less treble emphasis, (really noticeable) I ended up buying that pair.
biggrin.gif

You might remember one of the threads I mentioned on several occasions I've heard two of the same earphone that sound slightly different, this is one of those occasions..... I have no idea why considering the tuning wasn't ever meant to change so I really don't know exactly what you guys have in regards to the T-Peos units.

I get better sub-bass with the sponge tips, that's for sure.

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:26 AM Post #7,226 of 35,472
Holly cr@p, are you a psychic? Just checked my mail and I got both Honor and VSD3 today!!! :)

Just did a quick listening to Honor and for under $20 - these are THE NEW budget standard, edging out the Pistons.  Out of the box impression with 1 minute of listening.  Comes with a full android support remote (volume up/down, and multifunction button).  Three sets of hybrid tips with a cool blue core, though I wasn't able to get a good seal with either of those, so using UE900 tips (seal important to get a quality bass).  Cable jacket is clear and soft, wires look to be twisted, reminds me of T1E cable.  Very solid build, good strain relief around: earpieces, in-line remote/mic (which also serves as y-splitter), and straight slim 3.5mm plug.  The sound is very nicely balanced, clear, and detailed across the whole frequency range.  Bass has a proportional balance between sub-bass and mid-bass (fast punch!) with a moderate enhanced quantity, though below Pistons and T1E.  Mids are clear, more on a bright side but still smooth.  Treble extended, not hot or peaky.  Soundstage is wide, but not too deep.

I'm not saying it's Altone or DGS100 killer, but for it's price, sound, and build - it's Pistons killer without a bass bloat or v-shaped signature.  Cool packaging too.  Will have pictures and a more detailed review soon.
this honor am12? http://www.eforchina.com/view/215936/AM12-Original-HONOR-In-Ear-Headphones-Brand-Metal-Hifi-Music-Earphone-Headset-with-Wire-Control---MIC-for-iPhones---iPad---Huawei---Samsung---HTC---Sony.htm

Sep 7, 2014 at 12:27 AM Post #7,227 of 35,472
Hey guys anyone tried those universal tips to see if they are like those which come with Sony mh1 or mh750?http://m.ebay.com/itm/121370222920?nav=SEARCH

Yep, got this for a buck from ebay.  Using it with IM50 now.  Assuming they all come from the same manufacturing place, these are pretty good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back