Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 15, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #32,703 of 35,472
Just received today
Time to burn-in multi IEMs
1ECE880F-E69C-475F-B624-0BDD69A8C79B_zpsunvcw8vj.jpg

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:19 AM Post #32,707 of 35,472
For those with some experience, as I'm considering getting a portable balanced setup, would I be better suited getting a balanced dap, or a balanced dac/amp that I can plug a phone into. I'm looking to find a setup to go balanced with my Rose Pudding, and I'm unsure if its more cost effective just to use a phone. I know I could get something inexpensive with balanced capabilities like the Lotoo.

Aug 15, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #32,708 of 35,472
For those with some experience, as I'm considering getting a portable balanced setup, would I be better suited getting a balanced dap, or a balanced dac/amp that I can plug a phone into. I'm looking to find a setup to go balanced with my Rose Pudding, and I'm unsure if its more cost effective just to use a phone. I know I could get something inexpensive with balanced capabilities like the Lotoo.

Pono  or Geekout v2+ ?

Aug 15, 2016 at 1:56 PM Post #32,713 of 35,472
Perhaps the Geekout, but Pono's odd connection for balanced lessens the likelihood I'd choose it.

You'd be missing out then.  Pono's balanced implementation is one of if not the best there is.  TrinityAudio sells a balance mmcx cable for pono and right now you can pick it up for $15 shipped with their head-fi discount.  Plus you can buy adapters from Dyson cables pretty cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back