Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 20, 2016 at 5:42 PM Post #31,608 of 35,472
It's kinda funny how you are shooting yourself in the leg, as you have the QY-30s on Sale.
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

I'd rather be honest about how it sounds, why i didn't like it, and pass it on to someone who will use it more and the sound signature more in line with their tastes. It's currently on loan to my GF while she decides if she wants it, in which case i'd have to pull the sale listing anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

Half my listening is bass test tracks, not even joking

Jul 20, 2016 at 5:47 PM Post #31,609 of 35,472
I'd rather be honest about how it sounds, why i didn't like it, and pass it on to someone who will use it more and the sound signature more in line with their tastes. It's currently on loan to my GF while she decides if she wants it, in which case i'd have to pull the sale listing anyway :)

It's alright. I actually appreciate the honesty, greatly.

Jul 20, 2016 at 6:18 PM Post #31,610 of 35,472
@anticute, Yeah my cable was defective at the 3.5 connection. It was loose. Got a free replacement but ordered the Pinnacle P1 off Amazon. Will be here today. It's just a tad too thick at times.

@vapman, I have both. The D2002 does have more bass.

The D2002 is the real name of what the old seller called the D2 for short. I think we need a new appreciation thread!

Agreed. Hope the reviews weren't deleted completely and are able to restore. Or that the people who reviewed it have them saved somewhere. It's time to restore this bad boy to it's proper glory! :)

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:04 PM Post #31,611 of 35,472
They first used the K3003 and now they want to use the new DUNU model to "help" them sell their product. If LZ, Musicmaker etc. can refrain from using those tactics so can the brand that shall not be named. I actually vote for mods not allowing threads for earphones named after other more established brands earphones. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 7:16 PM Post #31,612 of 35,472
They first used the K3003 and now they want to use the new DUNU model to "help" them sell their product. If LZ, Musicmaker etc. can refrain from using those tactics so can the brand that shall not be named. I actually vote for mods not allowing threads for earphones named after other more established brands earphones. 

You are referring to those wierd "New Earphone XYZ Kill K3003, SE846, etc." descriptions, I presume?
Although it's not really helping with credibility, I don't see this being against Head-Fi Rulings. Though we should avoid stores which sell fake products of more known brands. This seems like a big gray area to me. Also these fancy titles are AFAIK only really used by resellers, really. I haven't seen much of that on LZ or MusicMakers Taobao, if at all.

Jul 20, 2016 at 8:02 PM Post #31,613 of 35,472
anticute, Yeah my cable was defective at the 3.5 connection. It was loose. Got a free replacement but ordered the Pinnacle P1 off Amazon. Will be here today. It's just a tad too thick at times.

vapman, I have both. The D2002 does have more bass.

The D2002 is the real name of what the old seller called the D2 for short. I think we need a new appreciation thread!

you say that D2 is better than tk13 ​​? and the soundstage , which is the best ?

you have the sw3 ?

Jul 20, 2016 at 9:33 PM Post #31,615 of 35,472

I'd rather be honest about how it sounds, why i didn't like it, and pass it on to someone who will use it more and the sound signature more in line with their tastes. It's currently on loan to my GF while she decides if she wants it, in which case i'd have to pull the sale listing anyway
smily_headphones1.gif

We appreciate the honesty.

I have the QY-20 to review soon, but something just doesn't seem right with the right earpiece. Can't get a seal at all, yet the left one has no issues. It sounds like it might be a little better than the QY-30 based on your review. 

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:19 PM Post #31,617 of 35,472
Well I started my BW S5 review but got distracted and did this:

http://www.head-fi.org/t/814870/dqsm-d2002-impressions-discussion-thread

Jul 20, 2016 at 10:26 PM Post #31,618 of 35,472
  We appreciate the honesty.

I have the QY-20 to review soon, but something just doesn't seem right with the right earpiece. Can't get a seal at all, yet the left one has no issues. It sounds like it might be a little better than the QY-30 based on your review. 

Do they also have monstrously huge nozzles? the QY-30 definitely does. I think the first time i tried to put it on I thought I couldn't get a seal with one side and then realized the tip wasnt fully on and was folding over on itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back