Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 29, 2016 at 12:51 PM Post #30,526 of 35,472
Hmmmm......guess I will read up some reviews of the A2-s.

My main concern is with channel imbalance seemingly experienced by so many other users....thats why I did not include the B3P1 in my list......unless they made a change?

I guess the channel imbalance was only an issue on the first batch. The 2nd batch shouldn't suffer from this. At least mine didn't have any. :wink:

I agree on the Havi B3 if you have a proper source to feed them.

Jun 29, 2016 at 2:06 PM Post #30,528 of 35,472
Hi guys, need some advice here about AE shipping issue. I've ordered the forbidden D2 from the forbidden seller early of the month on 6th June and have it shipped to Malaysia through China Post Registered Airmail. I've been tracking closely and there has not been any update since it left Guangdong by plane on 10th. This is by far my slowest delivery with China Post Registered Airmail on AE as most of my other order arrived promptly and i even had another order with the forbidden seller on the 16th which have also arrived 3 days earlier. Been following on its impressions and this thread closely, seeing it from being hyped till being banned makes me feel bitter in the heart and a little regret for the purchase. Any experience or advice about this ? Could my parcel be missing already ? How should i deal with this ? Thanks in advance, your input is greatly appreciated.

Jun 29, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #30,529 of 35,472
I guess the channel imbalance was only an issue on the first batch. The 2nd batch shouldn't suffer from this. At least mine didn't have any.
wink.gif

I agree on the Havi B3 if you have a proper source to feed them.

+1 on that.Im listening now from my Iphone 4 + Topping NX1 amp on Spotify various songs,its pretty amazing.
But you need amp or a good source.without amp its still sounds great in comparison to my other IEMs (VSD3,E10,Sidy DM3,Xiaomi Hybrids)
but the SQ with amp is better in every aspect.And i have this difference with the Topping NX1 (25 euros) , imagine with better amps or sources that other members have posted.

Jun 29, 2016 at 2:33 PM Post #30,530 of 35,472
Hi guys, need some advice here about AE shipping issue. I've ordered the forbidden D2 from the forbidden seller early of the month on 6th June and have it shipped to Malaysia through China Post Registered Airmail. I've been tracking closely and there has not been any update since it left Guangdong by plane on 10th. This is by far my slowest delivery with China Post Registered Airmail on AE as most of my other order arrived promptly and i even had another order with the forbidden seller on the 16th which have also arrived 3 days earlier. Been following on its impressions and this thread closely, seeing it from being hyped till being banned makes me feel bitter in the heart and a little regret for the purchase. Any experience or advice about this ? Could my parcel be missing already ? How should i deal with this ? Thanks in advance, your input is greatly appreciated.
you should contact the forbidden seller. The forbidden one has great love for his lost ones.

Jun 29, 2016 at 2:54 PM Post #30,532 of 35,472
Inspired by this thread, I actually dug up my old B3 Pro 1. Never really liked them that much when I got them (my first "higher" tier Chinese IEM), but the funny thing that now when I'm trying them out, they sound absolutely awesome. Either I never managed to get a good seal back in the day or something, or my tastes have just evolved to the point where I can appreciate them more.

Can't believe I've had this gem in a drawer for years, I'm definitely going to use it way more from now on. :)

Oh, and with the right seal (I'm using DIY foam/silicone hybrids), I don't even feel that the bass is lacking, to be honest.. 

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:07 PM Post #30,534 of 35,472
I'm gonna go dig out mine and amp them silly!

To be honest, that soundstage (which I never understood to appreciate back in the day) is borderline distracting.. :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:33 PM Post #30,535 of 35,472
  Inspired by this thread, I actually dug up my old B3 Pro 1. Never really liked them that much when I got them (my first "higher" tier Chinese IEM), but the funny thing that now when I'm trying them out, they sound absolutely awesome. Either I never managed to get a good seal back in the day or something, or my tastes have just evolved to the point where I can appreciate them more.

Can't believe I've had this gem in a drawer for years, I'm definitely going to use it way more from now on. :)

Oh, and with the right seal (I'm using DIY foam/silicone hybrids), I don't even feel that the bass is lacking, to be honest.. 

Exact same story here! Finally dug them out due to @RedJohn456 recent rantings, and have been really enjoying them. Not sure if it's because my hearing/brain/preferences have changed, or if it's due to the Zuperdac's goodness, or possibly even these mandarin foams that I'm using on them:

Either way, I'm really enjoying the B3's like never before :)

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:36 PM Post #30,536 of 35,472

Exact same story here! Finally dug them out due to @RedJohn456 recent rantings, and have been really enjoying them. Not sure if it's because my hearing/brain/preferences have changed, or if it's due to the Zuperdac's goodness, or possibly even these mandarin foams that I'm using on them:

Either way, I'm really enjoying the B3's like never before :)

I was just going to say, they pair beautifully with the Zuperdac. Are you running them straight out from it, or through an amp as well?

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #30,537 of 35,472
  I was just going to say, they pair beautifully with the Zuperdac. Are you running them straight out from it, or through an amp as well?

I have two zuperdacs, so:

1) Laptop -> Zuperdac -> C&C B3 or Cayin C5. I really love the C&C B3 though, so I'm using that right now.

2) Samsung S5 -> UAPP app -> Zuperdac.

Either way sounds awesome.

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:42 PM Post #30,538 of 35,472

I have two zuperdacs, so:

1) Laptop -> Zuperdac -> C&C B3 or Cayin C5. I really love the C&C B3 though, so I'm using that right now.

2) Samsung S5 -> UAPP app -> Zuperdac.

Either way sounds awesome.

Yeah, I was actually surprised it sounded so good even straight out from the Zuperdac. Ordered a OTG cable for my iPhone, hope it arrives soon. I heard way more difference between straight from the phone/straight from Zuperdac than straight from Zuperdac/Zuperdac->NX1

Jun 29, 2016 at 3:56 PM Post #30,539 of 35,472
I was one of the first if not the first person to try the Havi back in the day and praised it highly. I also got skewered by people from measurements, channel imbalances, lack of bass, etc. 

Checking back now to my pair, mine has a little imbalance and was the first version, so if I can find it for $40 again I'm jumping on it.

Jun 29, 2016 at 4:30 PM Post #30,540 of 35,472
  I was one of the first if not the first person to try the Havi back in the day and praised it highly. I also got skewered by people from measurements, channel imbalances, lack of bass, etc. 

Checking back now to my pair, mine has a little imbalance and was the first version, so if I can find it for $40 again I'm jumping on it.

Mine don't have any channel imbalance, but they are not in the best shape. They don't really lack bass either, except some sub bass rumble. I I might order a new pair, because of the shape they are in, depends a bit on how my 1DD+2BA hybrid turns out to be when it arrives. If it's different enough from the B3, which I'm guessing it will be, I probably will order a second pair.

The cheapest I've found so far is $49 shipped.. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back