Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #28,861 of 35,472
I'm guessing roughly end of June, give or take a week on arrival.  Unless these are an IEM that will require manufacturing beforehand, but I don't see that as being the case...  although it occurs to me I didn't thoroughly read over the sell page, so it might be.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:29 AM Post #28,862 of 35,472
cool.gif

Guys, Did I mention these Ipsdi Dolphins I just got off the Burner?  Another Bloody Penguin find. Absolutely amazing. Even better for the Princely sum of $16.11 USD.

I suggest you save your pennies for a pair of these.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:30 AM Post #28,863 of 35,472

cool.gif

Guys, Did I mention these Ipsdi Dolphins I just got off the Burner?  Another Bloody Penguin find. Absolutely amazing. Even better for the Princely sum of $16.11 USD.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Just got mine in Tuesday, but haven't had a real chance to give them a try yet.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #28,864 of 35,472

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Are we talking these Dolphins?

Either I got a dud or something because these just don't do it at all for me, I've got 5 pair of cheaper KZ that sound better
blink.gif

If it would not cost me so much to send them to Peter they would be his
wink_face.gif

Nothing personal Keith but we are on different boat's this time
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:42 AM Post #28,865 of 35,472
  Just got mine in Tuesday, but haven't had a real chance to give them a try yet.

blink.gif
Surprisingly 200 hours of Burn in didn't really change them much from OOTB. They aren't world Class but they play in the Backyards of Musicmaker and that caliber of earphones. Pretty good accomplishment for the high pricetag.
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #28,866 of 35,472

Either I got a dud or something because these just don't do it at all for me, I've got 5 pair of cheaper KZ that sound better
blink.gif

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

cool.gif
Sooner or later we were bound to disagree Podman. Did you try Auvios on them? Personally I have NO KZ that sound better. At least to my old tired ears. (Well maybe my Silver ATE

but they are a freak of production as my clear (smokes) don't sound anywhere near as good).

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:47 AM Post #28,867 of 35,472

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

blink.gif

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Yup, mine sound like cr_ _  too.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:50 AM Post #28,868 of 35,472
cool.gif
That's odd Mine sound quite good for the price. Maybe I got a good pair?  At least I don't feel I wasted 200 hours burning them in.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:52 AM Post #28,869 of 35,472
For me it`s about finding something in between analytical & musical. Music should sound natural and natural mostly comes from good midrange frequencies - getting that area into great "balance" with bass & highs is quite hard and depends on lot of factors (music, taste, gear etc.). Flat FR and analytical sound doesn`t make me toe-tap very often. I`d rather prefer slightly W-shaped signature with little hint of warmth.
Unfortunately there seems to be 2 main sides (I`m just generalizing) - V-shaped sound for pop/electronic music with lot of bass and other side is studio-like "over"-analytical sound. Funny is, that many seem to discover hi-fi, firstly run "straight" to over-analytical (because they are kind of obsessed with details etc.) and finally land at point where they "hate" both sides they`ve experienced and wish something like I`m searching for - something between musical and analytic SQ.

So guys with higher price-tag IEM`s - what animal is TK13 ? Is it something I`m searching for? Or should I aim even higher? ZhiYin Q5?

13 borders on analytical. I think Maples would actually be a good fit for you. Plus only $23 so not much monies.

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:53 AM Post #28,870 of 35,472

cool.gif
Sooner or later we were bound to disagree Podman. Did you try Auvios on them? Personally I have NO KZ that sound better. At least to my old tired ears. (Well maybe my Silver ATE

but they are a freak of production as my clear (smokes) don't sound anywhere near as good).

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Of course I did and to no avail, but like I said I've got them burning but now your 200 hour statement makes me want to just pull them off the burn
frown.gif
We can't agree on all but you know I'm a high register guy anyway and to me the Dolphins are just to dark!
beerchug.gif

I hear you Charlie, nice new Avatar. Been playing them ever since the earlier post
biggrin.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:58 AM Post #28,871 of 35,472

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Of course I did and to no avail, but like I said I've got them burning but now your 200 hour statement makes me want to just pull them off the burn
frown.gif
We can't agree on all but you know I'm a high register guy anyway and to me the Dolphins are just to dark!
beerchug.gif

I hear you Charlie, nice new Avatar. Been playing them ever since the earlier post
biggrin.gif

As far as the Ipsdi Dolphins go, I will have to " Enjoy the Silence "  ♫

Jun 2, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #28,872 of 35,472
@TwinACStacks It could end up being like the Baldoor/MRice E100 issue where there was certainly variations in sound due to quality control issues, at least from my understanding.  I thought they sounded ok, but others made them out to be absolutely wonderful.

As far as my Dolphin sounds using short bi-flange hifiman tips, they come off as fairly bassy, with vocals and instruments sounding slightly veiled.  But these could be rather tip dependent.

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:01 PM Post #28,873 of 35,472

frown.gif
beerchug.gif

biggrin.gif

cool.gif
I don't disagree that they are darker. But I'm treble sensitive and I like the DARKSIDE....

Maybe based on your two reactions I just might NOT do an actual review on these then.

I've listened to too many earphones lately maybe I've lost my assessment capabilities.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #28,874 of 35,472

cool.gif

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

blink.gif

wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Yup, mine sound like cr_ _  too.

Similar experience here, OOTB they just sounded forgettable. Gave them another shot after 20 hrs of burn in but still, nothing here. Been in the cupboard ever since. All my KZ's sound better. The DZAT DF-10 is also $16 and they are incomparably better.

My guess is TWIN got a defective pair (in a good way though). So yeah in the end everyone's preferred sound signature is different. 
beerchug.gif

Jun 2, 2016 at 12:07 PM Post #28,875 of 35,472

cool.gif
I don't disagree that they are darker. But I'm treble sensitive and I like the DARKSIDE....

Maybe based on your two reactions I just might NOT do an actual review on these then.

I've listened to too many earphones lately maybe I've lost my assessment capabilities.

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Nah Keith I think you are fine just lean to that darker signature bud, it's not for everyone like my preference to the mid high side signature is not for all
wink_face.gif
Like you said we are not always going to agree but I do understand your pref and where you are coming from. I usually side with Bloody as well but not on these
redface.gif

beerchug.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back