Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 22, 2016 at 1:42 PM Post #28,172 of 35,472
Am I correct if I read this as if it's not the wood 808 you're talking about but another serie of IEM's?

I'm looking forward to read more about their full size offerings as well.

You would be correct. We need links to these.

May 22, 2016 at 1:48 PM Post #28,173 of 35,472
You would be correct. We need links to these.

Am I correct if I read this as if it's not the wood 808 you're talking about but another serie of IEM's?

No, he's referring to the wooden 808's. See pics of the BK33 and BK35 here http://www.szhlsx.com/productdetail.shtml?id=12

May 22, 2016 at 1:53 PM Post #28,174 of 35,472
May 22, 2016 at 1:59 PM Post #28,175 of 35,472
Interesting! This guy ought to give out some review units. I'd personally like to hear what people think about those full size multiple drivers.
smily_headphones1.gif

I will suggest to him on review units. 
Wow, is the wood version really different? Wasn't it @1clearhead who first discovered the 808 and bought it to see if it was the same as the Bette hybrid?

Yes, that's what Sanhoo told me. But someone has to get both to confirm they are different.

It is pretty confusing. But from what I had gather, there's no such thing known as wooden 808. The wooden iems from HLSX are known as BK33 or BK35, they uses different driver from the 808s. The one that Easy are selling on AE should be BK35 and I guess she copy and pasted the wrong driver specification, used 808 specification for the wooden BK35.

May 22, 2016 at 2:00 PM Post #28,176 of 35,472
Hmm, that doesn't make sense to me at all since they use 10mm DD just like the metal ones. Confused......

Yeah and it's the same thing with Bettes

http://www.amazon.com/i-VALUX-Dual-Driver-Noise-isolating-Headphones-Black/dp/B01147L28Q

May 22, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #28,177 of 35,472
I will suggest to him on review units. 
Yes, that's what Sanhoo told me. But someone has to get both to confirm they are different.

It is pretty confusing. But from what I had gather, there's no such thing known as wooden 808. The wooden iems from HLSX are known as BK33 or BK35, they uses different driver from the 808s. The one that Easy are selling on AE should be BK35 and I guess she copy and pasted the wrong driver specification, used 808 specification for the wooden BK35.

Yes, I think you're correct on the copy paste error. Certainly wouldn't be the firts time that happened :wink:

May 22, 2016 at 2:16 PM Post #28,178 of 35,472

With more and more favorable reviews of HLSX--808 like this, I had no regret purchasing it few hours ago. I bought it on taobao.

Before I purchase the 808, I had a little chat with founder of HLSX/MaGaosi brand, Sanhoo珊瑚. He told me, initially he didn't know why there's more and more people asking for 808 until somebody told him it's widely discussed here. He would like to thanks all the people here for the support. On his request, I shared with him the post of @1clearhead comparing 808 to AKG K3003i. As you may know 808 is also known as HSLX--18, MaGaosi M1, so I asked him what's the difference. He told me they all sounds the same except for the fact M1 (rose gold or black, the one with mic) are mass produced version while 808, 18 are handmade (they called it "DIY"). On taobao you can see M1 is actually more expensive, it is because the cable with mic costs more. 

He also told me he would recommend people with higher requirement to get their BK wood series (BK33 and BK35). They are using custom wood dome diaphragm hybird, they got bigger driver unit and nicer mid compared to 808. He had been developing BK series for more than a year now and they are all DIY by himself. 

HSLX is also making full size headphones with multiple drivers. He claims MaGaosi is the only brand that produce hybrid driver headphones on Taobao. 

Thanks for sharing your story on the 808's and the other wooden IEM's that sounds interesting to me, nonetheless!  
ksc75smile.gif

Quote:
Wow, is the wood version really different? Wasn't it @1clearhead who first discovered the 808 and bought it to see if it was the same as the Bette hybrid?

Yes. That was actually little ole' me. 
redface.gif

This is very interesting indeed. If it has 808 type sound but more bass from bigger driver and more warmth from wooden casing they would be incredible!

.....and he also mentioned it has nicer MIDS when compared to the 808's. 
tongue_smile.gif

FWIW, Twin doesn't have the 808. He has the Bettes which look similar but apparently aren't as good as the 808.

Finding the 808's was more of an accident. Out of curiosity, I was actually searching for the Bette's when I happened to bump into the 808's on taobao.

May 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #28,180 of 35,472
  (For those interested) While not BK35 wooden hybrid from HLSX, this is Bette wooden hybrid 10 mm of near similar appearance reviewed by @BloodyPenguin

http://www.head-fi.org/products/bette-10mm-1-1-hybrid-wood-black/reviews/13652

LOL! I was just about to dig it up 
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #28,181 of 35,472
Pulled the trigger on the iSK HP-2011s. 
Some seller on Taobao has iSK items dirt cheap. 
I hope they don't disappoint me.

May 22, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #28,182 of 35,472
cool.gif
Okay call me Crazy. I fully blame Bloody Penguin for my insanity. I saw his post on these goofy, stethoscope looking, Ipsdi Dolphins which intrigued me. So I checked out their store, I don't know if the Hype was real but it sounded very plausible and different. So I splurged the $16 USD on them.

They now have about 43 Hours burn-in on them and I swear to all of you they are playing around in the Backyard of the Musicmaker TK12 and TK13.

I kid you not, or I've finally lost it. (I was never THAT far away anyways
biggrin.gif
)

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ipsdi-HF107-headphones-best-in-ear-gaming-earphone-for-phones-computer-mp3-mp4-universal-headset-with/32614986790.html

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

May 22, 2016 at 2:58 PM Post #28,183 of 35,472
:cool: Okay call me Crazy. I fully blame Bloody Penguin for my insanity. I saw his post on these goofy, stethoscope looking, Ipsdi Dolphins which intrigued me. So I checked out their store, I don't know if the Hype was real but it sounded very plausible and different. So I splurged the $16 USD on them.

They now have about 43 Hours burn-in on them and I swear to all of you they are playing around in the Backyard of the Musicmaker TK12 and TK13.

I kid you not, or I've finally lost it. (I was never THAT far away anyways :D )

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Ipsdi-HF107-headphones-best-in-ear-gaming-earphone-for-phones-computer-mp3-mp4-universal-headset-with/32614986790.html

:beerchug: :beerchug: TWIN

Well... Ordered... Guess the MM Little Spike will have to wait. Still waiting on Easy to say if he can get then or not anyways

May 22, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #28,184 of 35,472
  Well I hate to say it but I have to do some damage control here. I wasn't happy at first with my HLSX--808 at first but I have to take a step back and reiterate my opinion of them. They are absolute gems. I can't say exactly what it was that changed my impressions of them. It could have been one of several things or a combination of different factors.ie: adjusting to a different sound signature, tip rolling, proper burn-in, proper listening levels. They've gone from the ugly stepchild to daddy's little girl over the course of a couple weeks.

I've always been very skeptical of burn-in claims but after having these and also the LZ Z03A (which I was very negative about) I'm beginning to think it's really a thing. Of course it is possible that it's a brain thing as well and I'm not ruling out that possibility yet. With my 808 the bass has come out to play and they seem warmer than before. With the z03a after throwing them back on the burner that nasy peak seems to have subsided a bit but I feel they're still a bit weak in the mids.

Anyway for those looking for something in the $30-40 range I'd recommend taking a look at the 808.

Indeed the more I listen to them, the more I start liking them. The problem with the boomy bass, even after more than 70 hours of burn-in, still remains. I'm afraid more burn-in won't change this. Is there a tip that tames boomy bass? At this price though this is an impressive iem and has shown me what a hybrid can be capable of. Maybe it's time now to up the ante and start spending a bit more. Maybe the new LZ-A2 or the 1More Triple Drive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back