Chinese / Asian Brand Info Thread (Headphones, IEMs, Amps, DACs)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 25, 2016 at 10:57 AM Post #26,221 of 35,472
Shipping times should not be discussed here in depth. Use ePacket if you are in the US for a 2-3 week turnaround. Anything else expect 30 days or more, or pay for the quicker shipping.

Easiest way to handle the wait is to order and forget, otherwise just pay the premium for local brands which may or may not do much for you. It is very difficult to get the same value from a Sennheiser/Audio Technica earphone as you would with the latest Chinese offerings, nor do they update with new models as much, so keep that in mind. There is always a mid-ground with companies like Fiio and Dunu, which are sold on Amazon and make excellent equipment.

As far as doubting spending accumulated money on cheap iems, you won't know your preferred sound signature and soundstage differences unless you try or buy multiple iems. You can spend $10 doing so, or spend $200+ each. I preferred $10 each.

Now I'm more interested in high end sets, but there is always a need for a gym pair that I pay less than $30 for that I won't get mad at for breaking.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:12 AM Post #26,222 of 35,472
  Shipping times should not be discussed here in depth. Use ePacket if you are in the US for a 2-3 week turnaround. Anything else expect 30 days or more, or pay for the quicker shipping.

Easiest way to handle the wait is to order and forget.

Just like the commercial says.  "Set it and forget it".

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:25 AM Post #26,224 of 35,472
  Just like the commercial says.  "Set it and forget it".

Exactly Charlie, once you have gotten a couple 30 day + packages you tend to lighten up of those shipping times
wink_face.gif

beerchug.gif

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:28 AM Post #26,225 of 35,472
  hahaha... sure just like that.

How about package protection bhazard

Are you asking or being condescending? If you're asking, places like Aliexpress cover the item if it is not received, just like eBay.

If you're being condescending, read the second sentence again and learn something new.

Apr 25, 2016 at 11:59 AM Post #26,227 of 35,472
  ok. i haven't really shop from aliexpress.

I'll give a try soon 

If it will make you feel better or more secure about AliEx orders I live in the middle of the US and I have over 5 pages of orders with them over the years and have never had a problem
wink_face.gif
I've ordered stuff from them from pennies to hundreds, they are well know and I've been satisfied with them and most if treated with the same respect you expect will take good care of you. I've had some small issues, QC and once but only once got a bad product for $16 but most sellers will work hard to please and keep their good standing within the community.

Apr 25, 2016 at 12:41 PM Post #26,228 of 35,472
I'm surprised a lot of you that are impatient are still sticking with AliExpress. Amazon has a lot of these Chinese headphones, the more popular ones we are discussing w/ 2 day shipping. They just have a seller who renames them. Check out JayFi for instance, that store has 4 popular headphones that are frequently recommended here just "re-named" - but what you receive is the exact same thing.

Keywords to search in amazon, GranVela, Apie, ActionPie, VJJB, KZ (the ATEs, and K9's are on there), JayFi. I'm sure there are more.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:18 PM Post #26,230 of 35,472
When we use amazon sellers, we carefully see whether the products are send by FBA (fulfillment by amazon) or not. If not, almost all products are sent from Chinese main land. How to use it has a different way: you are in the US or not. This is for shipping fee.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:38 PM Post #26,231 of 35,472
  So which one is brighter, has more treble presence - M2 or 808? Also which one has stronger bass?

So you think 808 is better than K3003 by ****, which costs twice as much?

The M2 and the 808's has great treble presence, giving the edge to the 808's for slightly better clarity and details in the upper-range due to the BA armature that pushes the 808's a little further. I wouldn't necessarily call any of them brighter, since it doesn't seem to register above the rest of the frequency, but rather clear with plenty of details from one end to the other. On the bass region, they both do extremely well and seem to be fairly matched, almost like having the same dynamic driver on both units!

About the HLSX-808 and the K3003 by ****.....

The only thing the K3003 has over the 808's is that is a tad bit more airy. As for the 808's, they better the K3003 on the quality of detail in the bass region, midrange, and treble. With the 808's soundstage and instrument separation is bigger and easier to listen on most genre's and the K3003 does sound harsh and sibilant at times with less control on hi-end details. The 808's has a crisp and clear sound to them that's hard to resist. They are just harmonically fluent with certain instruments like guitars and other string instruments.

.....Hope this gives a better perception on what you're looking for. 

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:07 PM Post #26,234 of 35,472
not to flog a dead horse but my sale order, which included the delayed M2, just landed in my mailbox on the East coast USA. I suspect the rest of you won't be far behind.

Yeah, mine shows it being shipped by air every single day for 5 days now, which is kinda weird, like it's been sent 5 times, oh well, usual tracking stuff.
How do you like them OOTB? if you've had a listen on them yet.

Apr 25, 2016 at 2:19 PM Post #26,235 of 35,472
Seriously guys, can we talk about other things than your shipping (which is probably identical to that of everybody else shopping from China). There's even an own thread for those of you who finds this interesting, why don't you go and have a blast there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back