Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 20, 2019 at 3:47 PM Post #27,556 of 33,689
Apologies for delay in thanking you guys for this. Been out of range.
Thanks! I’ll explore. Expensive though the Spinfits aren’t they. I’ve been using the MH755’s tips which are pretty good for the Blon03 but always like to look at other options.
I use those Sony tips (orange ones) on my Blons and find them perfect. Spinfits are weird. Some of them have a very thin silicone (I don’t like those) and the ones I got with my Campfire Comet has a thicker silicone. (Like Final tips) which I really like. I have no idea what model those are.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #27,557 of 33,689
Apologies for delay in thanking you guys for this. Been out of range.
Thanks! I’ll explore. Expensive though the Spinfits aren’t they. I’ve been using the MH755’s tips which are pretty good for the Blon03 but always like to look at other options.

I think most of my Spinfits were $5-$6 per pair on aliexpress. I order then with other things from the same seller so that they ship a bit faster.

Oct 20, 2019 at 4:09 PM Post #27,558 of 33,689
Wireless is the way to go!! :man_dancing:
It's just a joke right?? Every wireless set I have tried turned out in a deception.

Nothing beats wired to me.

You guys regonize?? Cleaning up my desk and found a little surprise...forgot I have them.
The TRN V20`s under pile of dust.

Actually still sounds well bit too recessed vocals though.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 4:26 PM Post #27,559 of 33,689
It's just a joke right?? Every wireless set I have tried turned out in a deception.

You guys regonize?? Cleaning up my desk and found a little surprise...forgot I have them.

Not a joke. I am mostly using wireless now even at home.

Oct 20, 2019 at 6:51 PM Post #27,560 of 33,689

Not a joke. I am mostly using wireless now even at home.

Same here. Around 80% of my daily use would be wireless. For my usage with spotify, the difference in sound is negligible, but the added mobility is significant. Heck, even with my wired earphones, I'm using them with bluetooth DACs :k701smile:

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:26 PM Post #27,561 of 33,689
I have a strange question here...for old members of this group.

WHO INVENT THE TERM CHIFI?

How is it birth? Where did it appear first?

I ask this cause a dude from The Verge wanna interview me about ChiFi world.

Not like im clueless, but about when, why and where this terminology appear....i can't tell...even if i'm into ChiFi since 6 years.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #27,562 of 33,689

Not like im clueless, but about when, why and where this terminology appear....i can't tell...even if i'm into ChiFi since 6 years.

Ever since they keep popping out new iems every week I guess hahaha.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:43 PM Post #27,563 of 33,689
Yeah....but KZ do this for age even before the ChiFi hype begin....I guess this term should be in Slang Urban dictionnary by now hehe but it isnt. About KZ since i dont even know when this Knowledge Zenith company was born. hum...

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:48 PM Post #27,564 of 33,689

I think I first saw it when little Tripath T-Amps we're all the rage. I bought quite a few many years ago.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:51 PM Post #27,565 of 33,689

The why is just a slang nickname to quickly and easily describe HiFi products from China. Hence the name ChiFi (as in Chinese HiFi).

In IT, there are Chinese Cisco clone networking equipment, nicknamed Chisco. Again, a play on words (as in Chinese Cisco).

And of course Chinglish, which is a play on wires to describe ‘Chinese English’.

These nicknames are in no way meant to be disrespectful or derogatory, or to convey it as an inferior adjective (at least the way I view it).

As far as who originally started using ChiFi, I don’t know. I know it’s been referred to as that for many years now.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #27,567 of 33,689
I am at a loss why nobody is excited about these...

I VENERATE the Spring1....and wonder too why the hype do not grow. But don't worry it will.
To my ears, and from what I test, they are my favorite sub-200$ iem.

Oct 20, 2019 at 7:55 PM Post #27,568 of 33,689
Anyone using TRN's 16 core cable?

I have a few of them. It’s actually the only upgrade cable from TRN that gets my rec. They’re not high end or anything, but they are well made and perfectly fine for the asking price.

Oct 20, 2019 at 8:19 PM Post #27,569 of 33,689
I have a few of them. It’s actually the only upgrade cable from TRN that gets my rec. They’re not high end or anything, but they are well made and perfectly fine for the asking price.

Yeah, I think it will also be my only upgrade cable. Just buying those to replace the stock cable of my T2 Galaxy that seems a little fragile. I was hoping to hear some changes on the T2's performance but I heard nothing. But on my TFZ no. 3, it boosted the volume & I heard more clarity than with the stock cable, somehow :thinking:. The sound stage too became a bit open.

Oct 20, 2019 at 9:13 PM Post #27,570 of 33,689
Hmmmmm...the Blon are more accurate in their tonality...the Spring 1 are better in their technicalities. If you listen to rock or EDM, you may prefer the Spring 1. It is somewhat in the eye of the beholder what criteria they apply.
I think someone pointed out earlier about the nozzle angle being different making the shell of the iem jut out at an angle. Is that assessment accurate and does it make the fit a problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back