1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread

1. Nimweth
    Ambient and space music are two of my favourite genres. I find the KZ ZS7 very good here as it has a superb sub bass and creates excellent atmosphere. However I am currently testing the TRN V90 and it is shaping up really well. It has a similar sub bass but the treble is superior with its 30019 BAs which sound much more natural than the 30095 BAs. If detail is your thing, I would suggest the Tin T3 or TRI i4, and perhaps also the CCA C12 although that has a bit too much emphasis in the upper mids/lower treble, in which respect it resembles the ZS10 Pro. I hope this helps!

2. superuser1
    Tipsy Dunmer.. the name is so intriguing :D
    My budget is between $100 - $150.. i hope i can stretch a little more.

Thank you very much for your recommendations guys.

Nimweth likes this.
  3. baskingshark
    A few of us use CP100 for it. Some others reported CP145 fits.
    Do note CP100 is of a narrower bore and I find it boosts the bass somewhat. Considering u previously found the midbass of the BLON a bit boomy, CP100 may not be the best option for u.

ShakyJake and ozziecook like this.
  4. Coyro
    In my case - CP145 with an extender. If the depth is not an issue - CP100 without the extender maybe. Have tried CP240 but they sat awkwardly.

5. yorosello
    CP145's umbrella is a bit longer than CP100

6. Otto Motor
    I am at a loss why nobody is excited about these...

BQEYZ Spring 1 .jpg

7. PhonoPhi
    Two possible answers:
    1) With a lot of different hypes, less excitement (and funds) can be spread through many different IEMs
    2) Is it 6-7 times more fun than DT6, which is 6-7 times more affordable?
    Also "purists of coherence" will still likely prefer a single DD to piezo crossovers.

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    baskingshark and Otto Motor like this.
  8. Slater
    Check the BQEYZ thread. Lots of Spring 1 excitement there. The fact that so many other earphones are talked about in this particular thread, may be why it seems like nobody is excited about them.

ShakyJake, Otto Motor and HungryPanda like this.
  9. lgcubana
    For me, I’m somewhat sour on BQEYZ, after having a 2/3 Goldilocks experience with two of their products.

The BQ3 lost me on male vocals. Sinatra’s “Love and Marriage” was devoid of his signature timbre
    The KC2 was light, on the low end and bordering on shrill, on the top end.

My findings definitely contradict what others have experienced, but it is, what it is.

Maybe the Spring 1 is that missing 3/3 Goldilocks (for my ears); but I would be hard pressed to look at it, when it’s north of $100 USD

10. mbwilson111
    The KB100 is "just right" for me.

11. Dani157
    VS7. They have large soundstage and mids are absolutely lush which gives body to both highs and lows.

superuser1 likes this.
  12. Dani157

13. silverfishla
    Honestly, I wonder the same thing. They are such an interesting and musical sounding earphone. I’ve posted in the BQEYZ thread about them. Maybe it does a disservice to an earphone if you start a separate thread about them too early. (I mean separate from the two very popular Chi-Fi threads)

Last edited: Oct 20, 2019
    Otto Motor and DynamicEars like this.
  14. DynamicEars
    Because sometimes people are too scared to try new chifi brand, for some people BQEYZ still an unknown brand, unlike widely popular KZ for example. But for those who ever have their IEMs, they will know how good the quality are.

Alright, simple way to describe : Spring 1 is a better BLON BL-03, more detail and resolution, with overall similar tuning and similar smooth presentation.

15. Otto Motor
    Hmmmmm...the Blon are more accurate in their tonality...the Spring 1 are better in their technicalities. If you listen to rock or EDM, you may prefer the Spring 1. It is somewhat in the eye of the beholder what criteria they apply.

baskingshark and mbwilson111 like this.