Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:07 PM Post #19,667 of 33,689
Hey Otto, how do you prevent that tiny little hole in the nozzle from getting clogged up?

The size of the small hole is 0.2mm, which is incredibly small. And once it gets clogged, it can't be unclogged.

Just in: two frequency response curves for the UE900S, one with the pinhole open (red) and the other with the pinhole clogged (blue)). It looks like the sound would benefit from clogged pinholes :).

UE900s pinhole comparison.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 11, 2018 at 11:26 PM Post #19,669 of 33,689
Just in: two frequency response curves for the UE900S, one with the pinhole open (red) and the other with the pinhole clogged (blue)). It looks like the sound would benefit from clogged pinholes :).

Good point. I'd have to hear it to know for sure, but judging by the graphs I'd rather have a clogged hole as well.

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:29 PM Post #19,670 of 33,689
Went for the lucky bag, D4's and a pair of Rock Zircons (not sure why I bought these tbh, should i cancel?)

Nov 11, 2018 at 11:41 PM Post #19,672 of 33,689
Why on Earth are you letting your wife know? Get them delivered to your office or a buddies house....

It's a common misconception that most harmful viruses and bacteria can live "out in the open" or on most surfaces for very long. A very large percentage die rather quickly. Stuff lives on your skin/hands an even shorter amount of time generally.

There are some exceptions of course (norovirus, c.diff) but mostly, if you let something sit for a couple hours in open air, a lot of germs will just die. Really your hands are probably pretty clean (minus deposits) after a few minutes.

The obvious solution if it was deemed necessary is just running everything through a UVC lit area.

If you're obsessive compulsive like me, the phonesoap is a great product btw.

Also, still some crazy good 11.11 deals. Toneking BL1 for 172.... I don't need it, I don't need it I don't need it!

I remember there being an outbreak of something at my university and we ended up having a one week holiday because of it. I stayed behind and got the job of entering all the student accommodations and opening all the windows/doors so that any pathogen will just die off from exposure (basically what the health ministry told us to do)

totally forgot 11.11 is still going for you guys, I've already made all the purchases I aimed for, almost went over-budget due to some surprisingly good last minute deals and vouchers. Fukubukuro being one of them (missed the last bag which was EB2, rectified that by getting the NiceHCK EBX this year, decent enough discount)

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:06 AM Post #19,673 of 33,689
How long does it usually take for Ali Express to ship to the US? Never ordered from this site before, but the delivery estimate on my 2 orders says it's going to take about 30 & 40 days. I hope it doesn't take so long.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:13 AM Post #19,674 of 33,689
This time it is better to add extra week for delivery. At least.

Nov 12, 2018 at 12:50 AM Post #19,676 of 33,689
How long does it usually take for Ali Express to ship to the US? Never ordered from this site before, but the delivery estimate on my 2 orders says it's going to take about 30 & 40 days. I hope it doesn't take so long.

I am in the UK and have had Aliexpress orders take anywhere from 6 days to six weeks. Normally when it is not such a busy time most things take between 1 and 3 weeks.

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:26 AM Post #19,678 of 33,689
I am in the UK and have had Aliexpress orders take anywhere from 6 days to six weeks. Normally when it is not such a busy time most things take between 1 and 3 weeks.
I live in a country next to China. The quickest delivery was 17 days by Aliexpress Standard via Swedish Post. The goods I ordered this 11.11 are to be received no earlier than within month.

Nov 12, 2018 at 1:45 AM Post #19,679 of 33,689
I live in a country next to China. The quickest delivery was 17 days by Aliexpress Standard via Swedish Post. The goods I ordered this 11.11 are to be received no earlier than within month.
If they sent it through the Tarim Basin it would reach you faster. It goes all the way to europe and then to Kazakhstan right?

Nov 12, 2018 at 2:43 AM Post #19,680 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back