Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Oct 8, 2016 at 9:09 AM Post #1,261 of 33,689
Got my LZ-A2S (bought for 18.5 US$ from AliEx), this morning. They came with all the advertised accessories (including a carry case).

OOTB with JVC spiral dot tips (large), these have an overall sound of buttery smooth and warmness to its signature with vocals appears to be a bit forward. These are also super easy to drive (20% volume on OPO is loud enough for my liking) and build quality is amazing.

Source Gear: OnePlus One using HibyMusic Player, M4A 256 kbps, artists I had listened to are Shawn Mendes, Bayonne, Genuflex, Glass Animals, OneRepublic, Mutemath, MIA, Safia, Cubicolor, Blue Foundation, Blue States.

Mebaali, I really recommend to slap on some large bore Philips UE silicone tips on them - they get noticeably better with less mid-bass bump and more open soundstage.
Unfortunately, for my taste, imaging (vocals and bass placement) was/is little too inside headstage and mib-bass still causes little "irritation" after some listening. Also got them for 52$ from gearbest.
I prefer Magaosi BK50 (also with Philips UE tips) over them.

cool.gif
 Guys, I recieved the MaGaosi K1 Hybrids yesterday and based on an OOTB Initial impression ONLY,  I would Say that they are VERY good. I briefly A/B them against the Musicmaker TK13, Shockwave III and "the IEM that shall not be named", and they are right there in that general league of SQ much higher than their price point would suggest.

I am most impressed with the Metal Shells. The orange-Red finish is to Die for.

They went straight to the Burner and I will have a REAL listen in about 50 hours or so.

https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/Newest-MaGaosi-Hybrid-In-Ear-Earphone-2BA-with-1DD-HIFI-Bass-Metal-In-Ear-Headset-With/119089_32737134982.html
beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
 TWIN

Thanks for early impressions!

If You get them "burned-in" and start more thorough comparison - please inform us what music did You use and what was the source gear.
They might be my next IEM if **** 4in1 modding doesn`t show improvements.

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:28 AM Post #1,262 of 33,689
  Mebaali, I really recommend to slap on some large bore Philips UE silicone tips on them - they get noticeably better with less mid-bass bump and more open soundstage.
Unfortunately, for my taste, imaging (vocals and bass placement) was/is little too inside headstage and mib-bass still causes little "irritation" after some listening. Also got them for 52$ from gearbest.

Didn't try any of the stock tips that came with A2S, went directly to Spiral dots due to their wide bore dimensions(in the hope of trying to squeeze out last bit of details). I have used these for over 3 hours now (not a critical listening just casual one while doing office work) via OPO, with a variety of genres. Seems to work well for most modern genres (while these are not detail monsters but does decent enough job for my set up). Absolutely love the cable/jack and overall build of these.

And thanks for the heads-up on Philips UE Tips (wide/long bore red core silicone ones, right?). I don't have them but will surely try to get a pair, if possible (eBay?) 
beerchug.gif

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:33 AM Post #1,263 of 33,689

And thanks for the heads-up on Philips UE Tips (wide/long bore red core silicone ones, right?). I don't have them but will surely try to get a pair if possible (eBay?)

Yep, those I meant. But take care where You buy them because many sellers post pictures from original Philips UE tips but actually send You generic same color but with smaller bore tips. Philips UE tips have about same size bore as Spiral Dots and have very soft and thin "skirt".
I bought my legit ones from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-S-M-L-Replacement-Earbuds-tips-for-Philips-UE-In-Ear-Earphones-/381519532186?hash=item58d456109a

Oct 8, 2016 at 9:36 AM Post #1,264 of 33,689
  Yep, those I meant. But take care where You buy them because many sellers post pictures from original Philips UE tips but actually send You generic same color but with smaller bore tips. Philips UE tips have about same size bore as Spiral Dots and have very soft and thin "skirt".
I bought my legit ones from here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/6-S-M-L-Replacement-Earbuds-tips-for-Philips-UE-In-Ear-Earphones-/381519532186?hash=item58d456109a

Thanks, Coil. Unfortunately, the seller doesn't ship to India.

Will try finding it from somewhere else.

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:11 AM Post #1,266 of 33,689
  Has the 4in1 been surpassed? Haven't been here for a while.

We're currently past the honeymoon period, and people are finally starting to say some negative things about the 4in1.  Some people are interpreting this as the 4in1 being worse than presented and it was all hype, while others are still maintaining it's a good IEM that just doesn't suit everyone.  Currently, it seems the Vivo XE800 is seeing a bit of praise at it's new price.

Oct 8, 2016 at 10:34 AM Post #1,268 of 33,689
I believe it's hovering at around $28, where it was originally around $100 if I remember correctly.  It does have an issue with fakes, so you should probably be careful about ordering if you go this route.

Oct 8, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #1,274 of 33,689

Thanks for early impressions!

If You get them "burned-in" and start more thorough comparison - please inform us what music did You use and what was the source gear.
They might be my next IEM if **** 4in1 modding doesn`t show improvements.

Coil, They aren't burned in yet but my gear on initial impression, ( I try and use quality sources), is a Shanling M5 coupled to an Aune B1 Class A amp and also try and vary my music to include Classical, Rock, Blues, Trance, Jazz and even Pipe Organ music, as long as it has a superior recording, I'm on it. Nothing less than Flac/320 mbps files and some High Res as well.

I will report back once I've had an extended listen. Here's a sample of what type of material I'm using from an older review:

Ai Takekawa-- Beyond the Moon (original version)
Emma Lock-- Never Fear (extended Version)
Dire Straits-- Sultans of swing
Eric Clapton-- For Your Love
Justine Suissa --- On A good Day
SOAK--- Immigrant Song
John Mayer-- Slow dancing in a burning room
Vivaldi--- SPRING (Four seasons)
J.G. Bryson-- Let the Pipes Play (Full pipe organ album 1st cut)
Johnny Lang -- Give me up / Red light
Lee Ritenour-- Six string theory (Full album 1st cut)
Keb Mo'-- Everything I need

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Users who are viewing this thread

Back