Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 27, 2016 at 12:38 AM Post #616 of 33,689
Nope. Still different. Plug in an AUX cable and it will say AUX like in my pic, normal headphone will say Normal Audi Device HIFI. You can also achieve this by plugging in a headphone Extender first then connecting your headphone to that.

Now this pic below is directly connecting my AKG 7xx which are over 50ohm. Either way you enable a HIFI amp on top of the HIFI DAC. You get a ton of power.

I agree with Lurk as there are significant difference between normal mode and aux/high gain mode. And the difference is not only volume but also in dynamic range.

I got tired of using the adapter so I rooted my phone to use high gain mode everywhere.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:12 AM Post #619 of 33,689
Made some corrections on my KZ-ZST review in which I said that the KINERA BD05 had no detachable cables, which I was dead wrong! I never bothered detaching the cables, so I really thought it was just a rotating piece. Haha!

Here is the link with the whole review once more and the corrections made.....
ksc75smile.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/820747/chinese-asian-brand-info-thread-portable-headphones-and-iems/540#post_12891194

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:43 AM Post #620 of 33,689
Yes the TK12 / TK13 vocals have a good thickness to them

And will they satisfy my huge bass and 3d imaging requrements. I mean i like my ears to feel every note even if its not full bass note for example in ac/dc highway to hell song. Like pistons 2 made me feel. But want higher quality in everything and thicker vocals and not bright thin likr sender or even piston to a level.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:56 AM Post #621 of 33,689
And will they satisfy my huge bass and 3d imaging requrements. I mean i like my ears to feel every note even if its not full bass note for example in ac/dc highway to hell song. Like pistons 2 made me feel. But want higher quality in everything and thicker vocals and not bright thin likr sender or even piston to a level.

Everybody's perception of bass amount is different. 12 has more bass than the 13 IMO. Compared to the big brother SW3 it's not as 3D but it has a very good SS. All my opinion so take with a grain of salt.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:04 AM Post #622 of 33,689
Do you have or ever used piston 2. That is my refrence in bass quantity. And i do conseder your openions, this forums are for that and when i buy stuff i dont blame the one who recommended it.thanks.

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #623 of 33,689
  **** 4in1 impressions:

- WOOF are these hot on the treble. Like, pierce your eardrums with a sewing needle hot. 
- Sub-bass, not bad but it seems like everything after 20hz up to 200 is lacking. No worries about any sort of midbass hump here. 
- Switching to narrow bore tips (Trinity Kombi) helped tame some of the highs.
- After 30 hours of burning the sibilance I heard initially seems to have disappeared.
- Soundstage is above average, but sound is still "inside of the head" 
- I find myself constantly fiddling with the volume level. Usually due to too much sizzle in the treble on various tracks or not enough bass on others.
- With the cable included from NiceHCK these are a little harder to drive than the usual IEM. I'm up around 45-60 on my LG V10. Most IEMs I'm never above 40 or 45 on the volume.
- Acapella music is fantastic with these. I hear overtones that other headphones don't accurately reproduce.
- Dance Music just isn't any fun with these. I need more bass. 
- Rock...OUCH. I couldn't do it. The hi-hat and crash cymbals about sent me through the ceiling.
- Jazz...nice...very nice.
- Detail, instrument separation, aural texture, all are way above what I would expect for headphones that cost less than $30.

The **** 4in1 has all of the detail and treble of the Vivo XE800 without being so shouty in the mids.

Overall, if you aren't a bass head, and you can deal with some serious treble, I doubt you'll find a better headphone for you right now. If someone could take the clarity and detail of these, and match them with the bass and relaxed nature of the TFZ Series 5, I would have my end game IEM.

----will edit my answer later----

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:09 AM Post #624 of 33,689
Do you have or ever used piston 2. That is my refrence in bass quantity. And i do conseder your openions, this forums are for that and when i buy stuff i dont blame the one who recommended it.thanks.

That was also my reference, but then came the KZ ATE and everything changed......  
wink.gif

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:33 AM Post #625 of 33,689
Nope. Still different. Plug in an AUX cable and it will say AUX like in my pic, normal headphone will say Normal Audi Device HIFI. You can also achieve this by plugging in a headphone Extender first then connecting your headphone to that.

Now this pic below is directly connecting my AKG 7xx which are over 50ohm. Either way you enable a HIFI amp on top of the HIFI DAC. You get a ton of power.

Wow I didn't realize you had to plug in the extender first AND then the earphones. I immediately heard the difference, thanks for the tutorial.

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #628 of 33,689
My atr will he here hopefully on thursday. Is atr same as ate?

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:27 AM Post #629 of 33,689

That's unfortunate. Could you share the link where you got them?

I'll stand by my opinion that I find the XE800 very good, not only for the price. But as always, this is my opinion based on my preference.
Also the XE800 is $18 and the Havi B3 $46,55. Not exactly the same league in this budget segment.

no offence but with higher quality recordings and a good source, it shows the flaws of xe800. on the other hand, havi b3 scales well. i would rather take vjjb k4 over xe800 and k4 is ard the same price

Sep 27, 2016 at 4:47 AM Post #630 of 33,689
For anyone longing to go wireless I've been using this for a couple of weeks now and I'm very impressed with it:

http://m.ebay.com/itm/272390838416?varId=571335301461&_trksid=p3984.m1561.l2649&_mwBanner=1

Just hook up your favorite MMCX IEM's and you're good to go :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back