Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Sep 27, 2016 at 11:35 AM Post #646 of 33,689

This Voucher does not work for me so it's a no-go! Every time I enter it just takes me back to logon screen
frown.gif

I just found the coupon here http://coupons.gearbestblog.com. Sorry I don't know why it's not working.

Sep 27, 2016 at 11:41 AM Post #647 of 33,689

That's unfortunate. Could you share the link where you got them?

I'll stand by my opinion that I find the XE800 very good, not only for the price. But as always, this is my opinion based on my preference.
Also the XE800 is $18 and the Havi B3 $46,55. Not exactly the same league in this budget segment.

I got it from here:
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/XE800-Hi-FI-music-MIC-headphone-sports-running-stereo-headset-catheter-can-be-automatically-adjusted-ear/32675025145.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.104.IkPBMI
I bought it cheaper at $20, now they have increased the price to $23. I think they are genuine, the tip can rotate, has a wing shaped mark at the tips and also U shaped metal rim at the nozzle. I am using Creative ZXR as my source.

Anyway, today my **** 4in1 has arrive. I have also ordered the piston BA and it should arrive next week. The 4in1 is very well made, the white cable looks quality and monitors themselves have some weight, looks beautiful and polished. Fit is OK but not very secure.
Initially listening to the 4in1 shows a very detailed sound, clarity is definitely leagues above any dynamic I have listened to. Mid Bass transits very quickly which is a surprise because I thought the mid bass would be taken care by the dynamic and not BA. Sub-Bass is non-existent, but I wouldn't nick-pick on it since most IEMs have *****y sub-bass. Sound is overly, exaggeratedly bright. Mids is sibilant and you can clearly hear the 's' from the vocal. Vocal is tinny and NOT lush at all. Prolonged listening is going to be a problem for many people because of these. Sound separation is OK.

If these has lesser sibilance, more body to the mids and tuned down the brightness, this will be a very very good monitor. Techically, this is leagues above the KZs and XE800.

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #648 of 33,689
Yeah that's just the regular hifi DAC. When you plug in a headphone Extender first it will show like my first picture, then plug in the headphones to the Extender. The AUX (as well as high impedance) enables the HIFI Amp which gives more power and a more dynamic range.

Nice! That totally works. I didn't realize that High Gain mode was separate from the Hi-Fi DAC enabled. Things I read online made it sound like the Hi-Fi DAC hack gave me everything I needed.

Hot damn.. Looks like I need to retract my review. First thing I noticed is the soundstage got about 2 feet wider. The sizzle of hi-hats and cymbals still hurts the ears and dominates the sound. Example: Royksopp's Remind Me

The bass is slightly increased, but still not near anywhere what I prefer. For example, on Mali Music's Little Lady, that bass should be THUNDEROUS. The **** its "Oh that's a nice rumble..how quaint"

I'll have to continue to give them a fair listen. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 12:59 PM Post #650 of 33,689
  iems that have not yet be dethroned below 100: havi b3 pro 1, ostry kc06, ostry kc06a

cool.gif
I disagree. BOTH the TK12 and TK13 are below 100 and they annihilate those three, although Havi's soundstage can hang with them.

JMO

cool.gif
cool.gif
TWIN

Sep 27, 2016 at 1:57 PM Post #653 of 33,689
So, all in all, could anyone compare the 4in1s, xe800 and the KZ ZST/ZS3?
I'm pretty much only interested in sq, fit is not a concern, would be nice if they didn't break after a month.

Any suggestions under the senfers price tag ($30) are welcome too.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:30 PM Post #655 of 33,689
I wonder how different that cable quality and sound quality is compared to the name brands that have solutions already.

The sound quality is very good. For those situations where I'd be interested to use a Bluetooth cable I really don't need anything better. I'd never use Bluetooth for critical listening anyway.......

I'll be getting a Trinity Audio Lanyard Bluetooth cable as well when they decide to ship it so we'll see how it compares then.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:42 PM Post #656 of 33,689
The sound quality is very good. For those situations where I'd be interested to use a Bluetooth cable I really don't need anything better. I'd never use Bluetooth for critical listening anyway.......

I'll be getting a Trinity Audio Lanyard Bluetooth cable as well when they decide to ship it so we'll see how it compares then.

If I had a suitable mmcx IEM, I'd definitely consider getting this. As Peter says, if you're out and about (why use bluetooth otherwise?), you're probably not doing critical listening anyway :)

On that note - I've been looking at various bluetooth "sports" IEMs to use when training, but now it seems I can basically get any IEM with mmcx. Are there any sort of IEMs with mmcx that would be suitable for training? Meaning, they have to fit well and don't die from getting slightly wet. The "sports" bluetooth IEMs I've tried have all been extremely bassy and muddy.. 

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:52 PM Post #657 of 33,689
Please keep us apprised of the comparison when you get it.

Sep 27, 2016 at 2:56 PM Post #658 of 33,689
Just got the 4in1 today.

OOTB, harsh treble, but very good detail. Picked up details that I haven't heard of before in some of my FLAC files. Sub-bass is very light. More than adequate mid-bass. I can see how the treble would make this fatiguing.

Sound signature is definitely V-shaped. Mids being recessed is the best way of describing these IEMs. Stock Narrow-bore was harsher than the stock wide-bore tip. Using Comply Comfort Foams in the regular direction brought the harshness down slightly, but not noticeably. Wearing them in the reverse direction retained the harshness of the stock silicone tips. Bass was not noticeably stronger with the foam tips.

Listened to MJ - Billie Jean. Really wanted to try something with treble emphasis to test the perception of harsh treble. Currently using with Encore mDAC.

It's made me understand better the type of IEM I want in sound signature and clarity.

Sound signature: Lots of sub-bass, lots of mid-bass, mids forward, average treble. Bass needs to be quick and accurate rather than an enormous amount of loose bass.

Clarity: Clear enough to pick up micro-details.

Any suggestions?

Dumb question: 4in1: Left is Blue and Right is Red?

Sep 27, 2016 at 3:14 PM Post #660 of 33,689
  Yesterday, I received Somic V4 and KZ ZS3. Here are my OOTB impressions.

Somic V4
Bass is amazing, good extension, a bit emphasized sometimes. Mids, as a vocals head, I approve. Clear and detailed, but imo XE800 is a bit more detailed. Treble is sparkly, detailed, crisp, and rarely sibilant. I'm really impressed. If I'd compare it against XE800, I'd say they are of different species and it all comes down to your preference. V4s are energetic, fun, and great for almost all genres, Vivos are analytical and great for bass-light genres like acoustic and orchestra.

KZ ZS3
Though I like the build quality, I wasn't that impressed. Bass is good but imo it lacks depth and texture. Mids sound unnatural at times, but pretty good nonetheless. Treble is sufficiently detailed. I'm more likely to listen to EDM with these, the ZS3s are dark (sound-wise and build-wise).

Just my 2 cents, these two IEMs still need some burnin'

What tips are you using with the ZS3? I didn't like the bass using the stock tips so I switched to some generic wide bore tips things improved greatly

Users who are viewing this thread

Back