Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 1, 2019 at 8:00 PM Post #22,396 of 33,689
Another opinion on the NiceHCK P3, fashionably late as always. It's solid but overpriced for the performance on tap.

Head-fi / The Contraptionist

P1000128.JPG

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:03 PM Post #22,397 of 33,689
Lol this is every IEM cable debate ever.

Cable-Dialog.jpg

Mar 1, 2019 at 8:42 PM Post #22,398 of 33,689
audioreviews.org announces a third team member joining @loomisjohnson and me. For good reasons, his background is only available on the blog.

BIODEGRADED (author)

Biodegraded is a learner-driver at XXXX. He likes listening to different equipment, but hasn’t heard much; likes measuring things, but only vaguely knows what he’s doing; and likes modding things to sound better, but he’s clumsy and often breaks them. Biodegraded is another geologist. Otto has had the pleasure and privilege of knowing him since the early 90s.

He favours a neutral tonal balance but will happily accept a warmer or bassier tilt if it accompanies his preferred delivery – smooth in the mids and highs but a bit drier and punchier in the bass. While he appreciates good gear, if he likes the music he’ll listen with earbuds if he has to.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #22,399 of 33,689
Iryx everybody is saying that the F300 is a slow bloated mess, also Toranku said that the Oxygen sound shrill, are you sugar coating for Penon you sneaky fox? :dt880smile::floatsmile:

Everybody? at least me, @Wiljen and 2 others also have them and didn't think they're "a mess". Lets just count it up to different ears and stop thinking everyone's a shill for not liking or hating what you like/hate.

Mar 2, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #22,400 of 33,689
Lol this is every IEM cable debate ever.

Cable-Dialog.jpg
This argument is circular. You have to A/B two pairs of the same earphone attached to different cables...and if the difference is not crystal clear, one should rather upgrade by adding the cable money to a higher-end earphone.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 2:16 AM Post #22,401 of 33,689
Coming of from the OKCSC ZX1 or Sabbat X12 Pro, it's noticeable how the bass is less tight, and has some distortion in medium and bad recorded, crowded tracks.

That doesn't mean my pair is defective.

But this is always the case though, isn't it?

Hype train -> criticasters unwelcome/ 'your pair must be defective' -> new hype train -> 'Oh that last hype train wasn't actually perfect.'

Unfortunately the most used explanation when someone is trying to criticize the current FOTM is that of course there's a faulty unit. Always funny when someone get a chance to compare the the fault one with a golden one as they pretty much always sounds the same.

This is also a place where not everyone has the same agenda......

Mar 2, 2019 at 7:21 AM Post #22,403 of 33,689
Are there THD measurements of KZ ZS4 somewhere available?
On a related note, has anyone hijacked Rtings.com headphone suggestion voting system already? Shouldn't be too hard if there are no captchas and disposable email blocks...

Mar 2, 2019 at 8:39 AM Post #22,405 of 33,689
is this a side grade w.r.t to QT2?

different signature, but i guess a little bit upgrade. Theyre so smooth, and this KB100 got more upfront mids if you like it. I dont have 1 in hand, sold my RVN QT2 but i still cant let go of my KB100 (even though its just laying around in my drawer)

Mar 2, 2019 at 9:39 AM Post #22,406 of 33,689
different signature, but i guess a little bit upgrade. Theyre so smooth, and this KB100 got more upfront mids if you like it. I dont have 1 in hand, sold my RVN QT2 but i still cant let go of my KB100 (even though its just laying around in my drawer)

I too no longer have the QT2 (partly due to fit issues) but I will always have my KB100. Love the look, the fit, the sound. I have the blue one.

I think the KB100 suits my music well. Love the mids. I don't listen to EDM but I do listen to a huge variety of music.

Last edited:
Mar 2, 2019 at 10:02 AM Post #22,407 of 33,689
I know quite a few people were on the fence regarding the CCA C16 due to the price. Well, with the right combination of orders using the Aliexpress app, its fallen below the US$80/- mark as of my last check about an hour ago.

Its at the "CCA Headphone Store". But prices are on the Aliexpress app. ( shows US$88+ on app and US$92.8 on web browser ) Select item into cart.

> Select item to "buy" and you will see it drop to US$86+

They have discount coupons for combination purchase and you can get US$10/- off the total if the total hits pass US$100/-. US$4/- off if you are over US$30 in purchase.

DECLARATION: I have no affiliation with the store, just sharing what I think is a very good offer for the C16.

*Sorry about the wallet though ... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: *

Mar 2, 2019 at 12:08 PM Post #22,409 of 33,689

Users who are viewing this thread

Back