Chinese / Asian Brand IEM Info Thread
Mar 3, 2019 at 12:31 AM Post #22,426 of 33,689
audioreviews.org has finalized its team of authors: after @loomisjohnson and the guy from elsewhere, @Slater completes the magnificent seven (...the other three have a cold today :wink:).

Hope there will be somebody left to switch the light off at Head-Fi.

Loomis is currently having a second look at the Knowledge Zenith ZS4.

ZS4-800x445.jpeg

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    196.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 1:34 AM Post #22,427 of 33,689
how does it fair compared to T2 with vent mod? Thanks

Umm Im not modding my iems, i just prefer to EQing them instead. T2 got natural timbre, if KB100 compared to T2, T2 will sound lacks of bass definitely, KB100 is more like W shaped balanced signature, while T2 is more neutral in comparison, I do enhance the bass in T2, but still T2 sounds a bit bright if compared. Both are great iem for their price. KB100 is more fun to listen, on the other side T2 is more analytical with great mids. Both are great in mids area actually. Kb100 has more roll off trebles compared to T2.still have sparkles though. Soundstage wise, KB100 leads.
T2 was my first choice iem sub$50 before I had KB100. But since I got KB100, It pushed T2 to my number 2.

Mar 3, 2019 at 3:24 AM Post #22,428 of 33,689
This is the Internet - the land of the free and bald eagles with laser beam eyes, so I'll do whatever I goddamn please, thank you very much.
Also, take into your consideration the fact that yesterday was Alex Jones Day, so I might still be riding a legit solid Nazi Alien mecha-clockwork elven high right now, no thank you please.

Nice attitude ...

I'm sure that with a little bit of imagination you can realize that your pure speculation without having any first hand experience looks pretty ridiculous but by all means knock yourself out if that's what's makes you feel good about yourself.

Or maybe just another troll......

Have a great life :)

Mar 3, 2019 at 4:00 AM Post #22,429 of 33,689
Nice attitude ...

I'm sure that with a little bit of imagination you can realize that your pure speculation without having any first hand experience looks pretty ridiculous but by all means knock yourself out if that's what's makes you feel good about yourself.

Or maybe just another troll......

Have a great life :)
Well, if you had just put me down in Norwegian that would've been much more useful as a learning experience, since no one, including yourself, has given much in counterargumentation as to why rebranding + more of the same drivers (yeah, that's what you likely are paying for, but if you own the KZ counterparts - why would you pay?) + same casing = doubled AS10 price. Well, there was that crossover defence - which could change the signature (doesn't matter much) or coherence (no one really has had very many qualms in this area towards the original KZs). Other than my annoyingly flashy expression manner, I stand by this analysis of fundamentals.

Mar 3, 2019 at 8:26 AM Post #22,430 of 33,689
It is actually against Headfi rules to promote or criticize gear that you do not own... or at least have listened to. Also none of us can just do as we please. There are posting guidelines to which we have to conform. Other users can and do report offensive posts...especially when it becomes personal. Then the mods come in to clean it all up... which I am sure they hate having to do. No need to reply... I am possibly already breaking the rules by posting this.

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:29 AM Post #22,432 of 33,689
How Dare you, how dare you nice lady

Haha... I happen to know that you have a nice earbud:) At least I do see one in your list. You have sold some seriously good headphones though!

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:44 AM Post #22,433 of 33,689
You have sold some seriously good headphones though!
minimalistic setup was always on my mind, no big fat amps, no heavy planars, if i move to another place i can take everything in a small carrying bag, just a lot more convenient to me, less stress more smiles :)

Mar 3, 2019 at 2:19 PM Post #22,434 of 33,689
Getting ready to for a life in flowers. With me on the airplane:

NiceHCK M6 (= BVGP DMG equivalent; mellow against aggressive cabin noise...I hope)
NiceHCK N3 (no idea what it sounds like...broken in for 141 hrs for no good reason...because somebody said so)
JVC HA-FM103M-B (bassy and rugged)

On the player: Nick Lowe (Jesus of Cool, Labour of Love etc.) and Elvis...Costello. Pub Rock.

And yes, I even buy my textile earphone pouches from aliexpress. This one holds my Shanling M0, though.

OHHH...and we now have five followers on Facebook. The half dozen will be full, soon.

IMG_7333.JPG.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 3, 2019 at 9:07 PM Post #22,436 of 33,689
Mar 3, 2019 at 9:46 PM Post #22,437 of 33,689
I can't understand why they decided to go with a charging cradle instead of having a port on the device like every other receiver.
Because you can take the cradle with you and recharge the device anytime/place you want?

Mar 3, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #22,438 of 33,689
Because you can take the cradle with you and recharge the device anytime/place you want?

And have a place to store it when not in use so you don’t lose or damage it? Since it’s so small, it would be easy to lose. You also don’t need a separate carry case, since the charge case is a carry case.

There could be some reason we don’t know, like the case has circuitry that allows the device to have its firmware updated (or communicate with a phone app). And they didn’t want to put that circuitry in the actual adapter for space reasons.

I’m just guessing on all these things though...

Last edited:
Mar 4, 2019 at 10:19 PM Post #22,439 of 33,689
Frequency Range 25Hz to 950Hz

You are missing it.

It is actually a incredible range for a subwoofer.

You are supossed to use it with other earphone for full range.

Where do are we suposse put the full range one you may ask. Well...

Mar 4, 2019 at 10:34 PM Post #22,440 of 33,689
And here the opposite of smooth:

I find the Re-400 a wonderful earphone. Very coherent and in anyway sharp. U shaped, warm and yet not shouty, vocals are rendered in completely different way than the usual asian and thin presentation, they carry a warmer timbre and a fuller body. All that with a precise and controled bass. The t2 in comparision sounds thin for example, altought bigger and better at nitpickind details.
I do find them smooth. The small soundstage would be the only drawback for me.

These days i suspect that the moondrop crescent could be a alternative. The cable on re400 is a mess.

The tips and the filters that are bundled are wonderful tho

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back