CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 28, 2022 at 7:27 PM Post #30,121 of 31,833
I have HM, SG-01, Mele, BL-03, CCA CRA and they are pretty good IEM-s for the price. I'd also add BLON BL-05S to this list if bright mint color is not an issue.

Both Akros and Vortex are making good reviews, but Zpolt sound comparisons are not good. Many times IEM-s were recorded out of phase. If someone really want to compare IEM-s this way then Dan's Audio Reviews is a much better source. Oluv's Gadgets sound demos were also much better, even the above with Tipsy TTROMSO is.

Also the problem with FOTM is sometimes delivery takes longer than new flavour to appear. :wink:

Maybe we should update the term to "Flavour Of Last Month"! :L3000:

I agree that Dan's Audio Reviews does the sound samples well. But the review content leaves me cold. I don't personally like the Obsidian tuning, and frankly don't care how $50-100 IEMs compare to the MEST. It's like a car reviewer complaining that a Hyundai doesn't handle as well as his new Ferrari. SiriuB and Poles Audio sound-samples are top notch too. Zpolt doesn't have as good a sound quality. The pace of changes in the music are a little rapid, so you can have a bright passage for one IEM compared with a quiet passage on another. He has been presenting these types of samples long before these others came on the scene, so he deserves credit for that too. He is also more focused on budget offerings, which are of more interest to a lot of people. Nothing about stage, separation or details is evident on the sound samples, but they do illustrate differences in tuning. I dropped the Moondrop SSP off my wishlist after hearing how recessed the mids were. The warmth in the presentation of the BL-03, CA16 and Meteor led to me eventually buying all three. Less aggressive treble of the C10 vs ZS10 pro was audible and led to me buying the former. We have an amazing resource with online information, the real trick is how to filter it. Everything out there is produced by people with different preferences, opinions and levels of objectivity. Too few saints and too many trolls.

PS: I like Oluv's Gadgets, just started checking out the channel!

Last edited:
May 29, 2022 at 8:22 PM Post #30,123 of 31,833
yuan li is it worth it for those who have olina/titan s?

Edit: yuan li $88,00 now
From what i read YuanLi is upgraded Aria. (the trio is mostly still close to each other in overall score)
Reviews so far pretty good, so if you could get it in near Aria price, get YuanLi.

May 29, 2022 at 8:35 PM Post #30,124 of 31,833
yuan li is it worth it for those who have olina/titan s?

Edit: yuan li $88,00 now

These 3 are sidegrades TBH, Olina is the most technical of the 3, but is also a bit more pricey than the others.

Jun 1, 2022 at 7:25 AM Post #30,125 of 31,833
If you want a very good inexpensive IEM with serious bass then the Tiandirenhe td06, the red and black one. They make IEMs for other companies.
Hi dharmasteve,
Thank's a lot for your suggestion!

Tiandirenhe TD 06 Is at home and it is my new budget Queen. :)

It needs the burn in and I've try only the black filters, but first impressions are really impressive.
It Is better then many iems in the e.50 range and more.👍

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 8:21 PM Post #30,126 of 31,833
Kbear Ink Review
The newest of KBear iems. A fun and energetic in ear on a budget

20220528_160726.jpg

https://www.mobileaudiophile.com/kbear-ink-review/

Jun 1, 2022 at 10:06 PM Post #30,128 of 31,833
Maybe an odd question but are there any Chi-fi headphones with good sweat resistance?
Depend what you going to do with it?
Concern about long usage time or you gonna exercise with it?

Many headphone (not iem) $50~100+ came with replaceable pad, so technically you could get one that have better material so to speak.

But in case of long usage time, i think you need to buy one with open back (less hot) or get one that enclose your ear instead of sitting on it.

When it comes to iem, mostly as long as you dont wash it or use it in the rain, it'll be fine.
Many TWS have good ipxx certification tough

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2022 at 11:14 PM Post #30,129 of 31,833

Many headphone (not iem) $50~100+ came with replaceable pad, so technically you could get one that have better material so to speak.

But in case of long usage time, i think you need to buy one with open back (less hot) or get one that enclose your ear instead of sitting on it.

When it comes to iem, mostly as long as you dont wash it or use it in the rain, it'll be fine.
I’m mostly looking for some IEMs to exercise with. I’ve had a lot of problems in the past with moisture breaking earbuds but a lot of the exercise focused models I tried didn’t sound great.

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:16 PM Post #30,130 of 31,833

I spotted this on Linsoul today, which claims to be waterproof. Never heard of the iF brand, so no idea if they are any good.
https://www.linsoul.com/products/if-d5?variant=42853254168793

Jun 1, 2022 at 11:50 PM Post #30,131 of 31,833
I’m mostly looking for some IEMs to exercise with. I’ve had a lot of problems in the past with moisture breaking earbuds but a lot of the exercise focused models I tried didn’t sound great.
Unfortunately, many TWS with IPxx sounds just ok.
I would suggest Soundpeats H1 or lypertek products but i do not know how good they are on sticking on your ears during heavy exercise.

Many iem have that inner skin side sound hole and somewhat open eartip, so i could see moisture seep into those.

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:19 AM Post #30,132 of 31,833
I spotted this on Linsoul today, which claims to be waterproof. Never heard of the iF brand, so no idea if they are any good.
https://www.linsoul.com/products/if-d5?variant=42853254168793
It's interesting that they got an IP rating and probably that's included in the price per unit.

SmartSelect_20220602-140629_Drive.jpg

Seeing it doesn't have non-removable cable is good but I don't know if I could say the same thing for sweaty environment. When I run or workout, usually the sweat is somehow reaching to the connection parts. I believe in time that might lead to corrosion if not properly and regularly cleaned. Probably the DD doesn't have any ventilation hole and it has a special filter on the nozzle?

I'd definitely suggest TWS for people who are working out. Not even those neckband bluetooth modules. The headphones that I use while working out has evolved in time. Back in the past I was going around with cable connected to my music player, later I used neck band and now TWS. And TWS are absolute freedom. Nothing is tangling around. They're in your ears and you do what you want to do without any worry.

I don't have anything in mind when it comes to a Chifi TWS which is sweatproof and has good audiophile presentation. I heard some KZ tws but the sound quality was really meh.

However, I'd definitely recommend Samsung Buds or Buds+. Especially second hand market is really cheap for them. They sound great and has IP rating. I know Crinacle especially praises on Buds+ with their sound performance. I know they're bottlenecked by the wireless performance but I don't think that during the workout a person could do and analytical listening. So why not to give a shot?

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2022 at 8:48 AM Post #30,133 of 31,833
Unfortunately, many TWS with IPxx sounds just ok.
I would suggest Soundpeats H1 or lypertek products but i do not know how good they are on sticking on your ears during heavy exercise.

Many iem have that inner skin side sound hole and somewhat open eartip, so i could see moisture seep into those.
Edifier TWS1 pro have IP65, sound good, and are cheap enough if you do sweat them into an early grave. They don't come loose for me but I don't exactly jump around wearing them. YMMV :L3000:

Jun 2, 2022 at 10:22 AM Post #30,134 of 31,833
I'd highly recommend Pioneer CRV80, at the price of £400 (roughly), with a very characteristic bass response, deep, punchy and fast!

1654179244652.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back