CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
May 26, 2022 at 8:44 AM Post #30,107 of 31,833
May 26, 2022 at 8:54 AM Post #30,108 of 31,833
Hi Carpet,
I was afraid too it could be bass lacking and pearcing like as KB04 or EA1, for me boot fatiguing, I've modded them to tame down the to much exuberant trebbles, but it isn't so.
Many forumer said the Mirror isn't fatiguing and I must say that's true.

Now I'm hearing The Queen of the Night Diana Damrau version, she go very high with the voice, or Vai's Herotic Nightmare and I've no problems.

Chamaleon go very deep in the subbass, Waves by Mr Probz and Robin Shulz is very puncy, not basshead level but satisfying.

I'm using JM10 dac very clean and open, if I put them directly in my Xiaomy 10lite it drive them without problems and more velvety but I loose the details magic.

I can't say Mirror is relaxing, but It is pleasant enough.

This are my two cents. :)

I already have Olina and that brings out details that I had never heard before on some tracks. Listening to the Spanish Harlem demo track on the SR25 made my jaw drop. I think the Heart Mirror is leaning towards a similar signature, but brighter (also half the cost). I took a couple of months before I modded the Olina. That was stupid, the extra filter took the edge off the upper mids and treble and slightly lifted the bass. My real weakness is for warmer tunings with more note weight that brings a richness to the sound I really enjoy! Particularly things like saxophone, strings, piano and male vocals. I love the Tipsy TTROMSO, almost the exact opposite of the Heart Mirror.

I like the look of the Thieaudio Elixir, so I need to cut out sidegrades to save up for it. :L3000:

May 26, 2022 at 8:57 AM Post #30,109 of 31,833
Moondrop Aria. If you can top up a bit more, Tripowin Olina.
Titan S is a lot better than the KXXS, which I assume is equal or slightly better than the Aria.

May 26, 2022 at 9:01 AM Post #30,110 of 31,833
Titan S is a lot better than the KXXS, which I assume is equal or slightly better than the Aria.

Ah yes I forgot about the Titan S.

Titan S, Aria and Olina are my top 3 votes for best balanced/neutral single DDs under $100. Heart Mirror is in the conversation too.

May 26, 2022 at 9:39 AM Post #30,111 of 31,833
I already have Olina and that brings out details that I had never heard before on some tracks. Listening to the Spanish Harlem demo track on the SR25 made my jaw drop. I think the Heart Mirror is leaning towards a similar signature, but brighter (also half the cost). I took a couple of months before I modded the Olina. That was stupid, the extra filter took the edge off the upper mids and treble and slightly lifted the bass. My real weakness is for warmer tunings with more note weight that brings a richness to the sound I really enjoy! Particularly things like saxophone, strings, piano and male vocals. I love the Tipsy TTROMSO, almost the exact opposite of the Heart Mirror.

I like the look of the Thieaudio Elixir, so I need to cut out sidegrades to save up for it. :L3000:
If I remember well Spanish Harlem Is on the Cesky Record's Ultimate Demonstration CD for Critical Listening, very impressive recording.

I suspect the Olina, and Titan S too, is more pearcing then the Mirror, maybe other forumers may confirm this.
If this is true Mirror could be a very good option for critical listenings.

Tipsy Ttromso is in my radar too, but I will try the Tingker TK300 before all the others basshead iems.
Nice the NCO2, but I've to test them better before judge them correctly.

Last edited:
May 26, 2022 at 8:23 PM Post #30,113 of 31,833
What about under 50?
Good IEMs under $50 there is Hzsound Heart Mirror, Reecho SG-01, Tripowin Mele, BLON BL-03, CCA CRA, CCA CRA+, KZ EDA, Reecho SG-01 OVA, TRN TA1 Max, CVJ Mirror. The list is truly endless. It all depends on what you like. If you are listening for long periods a more relaxed tuning and a comfortable fit are important. Look on You-Tube and read reviews. The reviews here are good. I'd look at Akros, Vortex and Zpolt on YouTube (Zpolt is useful for sound tests that compare similarly priced models). I wouldn't start with something bright, if you are sensitive to treble you won't enjoy listening to them at all. Don't go for basshead IEMs either they can drown out the other frequencies. A bit of extra bass is fun, losing the vocals and most of the other instruments not so much. You'll hear the terms Neutral, Harmon and V shaped in relation to tuning. Neutral is just that, balanced bass, mids and highs, good for vocals, jazz, acoustic and classical. Harmon is an average of what people like (according to one research group), it sits between Neutral and V shaped. V shaped is a bit more exciting to listen to, it boosts treble and bass, if it's too recessed in the mids vocals and a lot of instruments get lost. IEMs are improving very rapidly, but there is a better chance of older models being heavily discounted during sales. Most people here are magpies "Ooo look a new shiny thing". Try not to get caught up in the "flavor of the month". There are sometimes promotional prices on new release, but buy those at your peril, many turn out to be flops. The best option is if you can actually listen before you buy. But most of us use mail order so reviews are the only info. Manufacturers claims need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. If you have particular types of music you prefer, then people here will give you a better idea of what particular IEMs you might like. :L3000:

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 9:11 AM Post #30,114 of 31,833

How does the Titan S sound compared to Moondrop Aria ?

May 27, 2022 at 9:12 AM Post #30,115 of 31,833
I dont have it, I had the KXXS though which AFAIK, is pretty similar to the Aria.

May 27, 2022 at 9:21 AM Post #30,116 of 31,833

Titan S is more forward in the upper midrange and treble, with a thinner note weight. Titan S has more sparkle and sounds more analytical.
Aria is a bit more laid back and slightly warmer, slightly thicker note weight. Aria is a bit less proficient in imaging, clarity and instrument separation. Aria has a slightly more natural timbre.

All in all, I consider them sidegrades.

May 27, 2022 at 9:25 AM Post #30,117 of 31,833
Titan S is more forward in the upper midrange and treble, with a thinner note weight. Titan S has more sparkle and sounds more analytical.
Aria is a bit more laid back and slightly warmer, slightly thicker note weight. Aria is a bit less proficient in imaging, clarity and instrument separation. Aria has a slightly more natural timbre.

All in all, I consider them sidegrades.

Thanks so much...I will stick with the warmer Aria :)

May 27, 2022 at 3:33 PM Post #30,118 of 31,833
Moondrop Aria, TForce Yuan Li and Whizzer Kylin HE01 looks me in the same sound signature range.
How them sound compared?

And there is any iem between them and the Heart Mirror (same good punchy bass and subbass extension, but with more mids body)?

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 5:19 PM Post #30,119 of 31,833
Moondrop Aria, TForce Yuan Li and Whizzer Kylin HE01 looks me in the same sound signature range.
How them sound compared?

And there is any iem between them and the Heart Mirror (same good punchy bass and subbass extension, but with more mids body)?
Check out the Tipsy TTTROMSO if you want a well tuned warm signature that kicks in the bass. TRI Meteor is worth a look too, if lifted bass with good note weight is what you are looking for. Lastly GS Audio GD3C, which is not so prominent in the mid bass, but the sub bass is great. GS Audio does have a slightly darker version in the GD3D, but I haven't heard it (or found any reviews). All three are similarly priced $89-109.

Last edited:
May 28, 2022 at 10:36 AM Post #30,120 of 31,833
Good IEMs under $50 there is Hzsound Heart Mirror, Reecho SG-01, Tripowin Mele, BLON BL-03, CCA CRA, CCA CRA+, KZ EDA, Reecho SG-01 OVA, TRN TA1 Max, CVJ Mirror. The list is truly endless. It all depends on what you like. If you are listening for long periods a more relaxed tuning and a comfortable fit are important. Look on You-Tube and read reviews. The reviews here are good. I'd look at Akros, Vortex and Zpolt on YouTube (Zpolt is useful for sound tests that compare similarly priced models). I wouldn't start with something bright, if you are sensitive to treble you won't enjoy listening to them at all. Don't go for basshead IEMs either they can drown out the other frequencies. A bit of extra bass is fun, losing the vocals and most of the other instruments not so much. You'll hear the terms Neutral, Harmon and V shaped in relation to tuning. Neutral is just that, balanced bass, mids and highs, good for vocals, jazz, acoustic and classical. Harmon is an average of what people like (according to one research group), it sits between Neutral and V shaped. V shaped is a bit more exciting to listen to, it boosts treble and bass, if it's too recessed in the mids vocals and a lot of instruments get lost. IEMs are improving very rapidly, but there is a better chance of older models being heavily discounted during sales. Most people here are magpies "Ooo look a new shiny thing". Try not to get caught up in the "flavor of the month". There are sometimes promotional prices on new release, but buy those at your peril, many turn out to be flops. The best option is if you can actually listen before you buy. But most of us use mail order so reviews are the only info. Manufacturers claims need to be taken with a huge pinch of salt. If you have particular types of music you prefer, then people here will give you a better idea of what particular IEMs you might like. :L3000:
I have HM, SG-01, Mele, BL-03, CCA CRA and they are pretty good IEM-s for the price. I'd also add BLON BL-05S to this list if bright mint color is not an issue.

Both Akros and Vortex are making good reviews, but Zpolt sound comparisons are not good. Many times IEM-s were recorded out of phase. If someone really want to compare IEM-s this way then Dan's Audio Reviews is a much better source. Oluv's Gadgets sound demos were also much better, even the above with Tipsy TTROMSO is.

Also the problem with FOTM is sometimes delivery takes longer than new flavour to appear. :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back