CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 26, 2022 at 5:48 PM Post #29,806 of 31,834
The sound signature is totally different from each other. The BFB ACACIA benefits better from a warmer AMP, since they have a neutral and brighter signature showing off all the details from your music library, while the KZ ZS10 PRO can be used almost on any device with its' slight V-shape signature with a noticeable lower-end bass response for most other genre's. The ZS10 PRO is higher in volume too. Meaning, the ZS10 PRO does not take that much effort to make them loud from any device, while the ACACIA will take more volume to make them sound just as loud with the benefit of good detail retrieval. So, those that are planning to buy the ACACIA should keep everything I mentioned above in mind.

Note: About the ACACIA, those that are bass heads should stay away, while those that are treble heads are more than welcome to check them out.

Glad to help, NymPHONOmaniac! :handshake:

-Clear
Very helpful ideed Clear, thanks! Its true ZS10pro is super easy to drive....gotta love this when you plan to use with your phone fo ex.

So brighter than ZS10pro, well my treblehead side might enjoy it if near neutral too:wink:

Now, i'm cursious to know your fav 50-100$ and 100-200$ chifi gems hehe, if you feel like it, it will be very enriching....to much obscure offering.

Last obscure IEM i try was Dauntless as noted above. I do think Kotori worth to be follow for next release...their next release, the Vampire, look very similar to F4100 in term of graph. but with the mid bass slam that it lack imo.

Mar 27, 2022 at 4:33 AM Post #29,807 of 31,834
Today we look at an budget friendly Fiio/Jade JD3 on Headfonia
Article here: https://www.headfonia.com/fiio-jd3-review/

chrome_2022-03-27_10-17-43.png

Mar 28, 2022 at 4:26 AM Post #29,808 of 31,834
This 3.28 sale on AE, a certain company has a clearance sale for a Tri product. Easy to guess? Hmm.

The Tri product is apparently a 2 BA + 1 DD that's $130 USD normally. Snagged it for ~$94 CAD ($75 USD) with this sale, and looking at Tri's catalogue of earphones... well, I shouldn't speak so confidently so soon but I'm hoping it'll replace my similarly priced Em Tee 300 as the "fun" earphones in my collection, I like my highs but I admit even my Em Tee 300 can get a teensy bit hot up there, and I don't mind losing a bit of bass if it gives mids/vocals some room to breathe. Hoping its "gimmick" is not just a gimmick either, as I think I may use it when I opt for more bass as I please. Will be paired with my Fiio M7 for both indoor and outdoor use, hope it works out alright :)

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 5:59 AM Post #29,809 of 31,834
This 3.28 sale on AE, a certain company has a clearance sale for a Tri product. Easy to guess? Hmm.

The Tri product is apparently a 2 BA + 1 DD that's $130 USD normally. Snagged it for ~$94 CAD ($75 USD) with this sale, and looking at Tri's catalogue of earphones... well, I shouldn't speak so confidently so soon but I'm hoping it'll replace my similarly priced Em Tee 300 as the "fun" earphones in my collection, I like my highs but I admit even my Em Tee 300 can get a teensy bit hot up there, and I don't mind losing a bit of bass if it gives mids/vocals some room to breathe. Hoping its "gimmick" is not just a gimmick either, as I think I may use it when I opt for more bass as I please. Will be paired with my Fiio M7 for both indoor and outdoor use, hope it works out alright :)
Got me confused! Reviews say meteor, but that is only 1 BA. Starsea is the 2 BA model.

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:10 AM Post #29,810 of 31,834
Only some products are on sale for 3/28 on AE, sadly the Mirror isn't so I've choose to buy KB04 and EA1 at a very cheap price.
Now I've to wait a month to have them at home. :)

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:15 AM Post #29,811 of 31,834

Link please?

Mar 28, 2022 at 5:31 PM Post #29,812 of 31,834
Mar 29, 2022 at 9:44 AM Post #29,814 of 31,834
Mar 29, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #29,815 of 31,834
Last edited:
Mar 29, 2022 at 10:51 PM Post #29,817 of 31,834
Ok, the Hisenior T2 aka FEBOS T2 classic is back at bargain 100$ price (since some time)....and yes, i still have them in my ears after 3 years of use...I'm amaze by sound value of these since day one...listening to them right now with FIIO KA3, pretty intense listen: crisp, vivid, detailed energic yet balanced and not harsh. Transparent to the source since KA3 is rather energic, but T2 deal with everything like a champs in term of technicalities, without going messy or wacky on the way.

it's not perfection, hint of BA timbre there and there I guess...but man, it make years I repeat this is the dual BA deal to get when in 100$ price range.
https://www.hisenior-iem.com/collections/universal-in-ear-monitors/products/t2-classic

Mar 30, 2022 at 12:40 AM Post #29,818 of 31,834
Almost neutral sounding KZ under 50?

KZ and neutral are oxymorons. Majority of KZs are V shaped.

But must it be a KZ? There are some other neutralish IEMs at the budget segment that are well regarded eg Tin T2, DUNU Titan S, HZSound Heart Mirror.

Mar 30, 2022 at 6:04 PM Post #29,819 of 31,834
The new upcoming KZ EDA prototypes graphs....will it be a new ED9? (Yep, all V shape too!)
One thing sure, I hope KZ give serious tuning work on these and step up their game. (graph under with high price is other fancy IEM model to compare the balance curve)
1648677755409.png

EDIT: so it seem its a 3 IEM package....hum, don't know what to think about this.
1648745555501.png

Last edited:
Mar 30, 2022 at 9:40 PM Post #29,820 of 31,834
If you're looking for some neat super entry-level IEMs, I found that Vesna from Astrotec is a perfect match, with an impactful, V-Shaped and dynamic sound that can easily match IEMs 3 times more pricy, and with good ergonomics and comfort too! I invite you to read more in my full review!~

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/03/astrotec-vesna-iems-low-entry-high-performance.html

The shape of those remind me of these, which I bought a couple months ago. They're nice sounding V-shaped iems. Almost balanced, with slightly recessed mids. At a huge discount right now. 13 bucks.

Edit: Forgot to mention they come with these eartips called BLISS 3. 0. They look very similar to Sony’s tips (which I’ve never had). According to them, they “were precisely tuned….to be more conical than other brands. They naturally block out background noise for outstanding noise-isolation and they feature the tightest bass seal, best fit, stability, sound and ultimate comfort.”

I do have to attest to its isolation. These are the most isolating and most sealing of the stock iem tips I have (have about 10). As for sound, I’m not sure. Never had the Sony hybrids, spinfits, or inverted KZ starlines to compare to. Here are some pictures of the eartips. I misplaced a pair of the red ones. They also came with an extra pair of comply tips.

1E573DA8-0819-4642-8902-95B14ACAC96A.jpeg

0A595080-1E05-43AE-83F5-DE515BCE1A7E.jpeg

https://www.amazon.com/V-MODA-Hybri...01M734JKO/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back