CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Mar 22, 2022 at 5:03 PM Post #29,791 of 31,846
You can't even find a chifi iem that worse than this to begin with
yes. gk10 is tonally bad and have intense qc issue.
tx
this is a proper and more professional graph :
1647983585774.png

i really wish people will stop with inacccurate amateur graph spamming....

as well, part of answer for bad bass and strange tonality is the Ba being in middle with a plastic cavity holder...

anyway, not sure your are that curious...not sure to get your ''point'' neither since its inaccurate.

1647983711543.png

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2022 at 7:23 PM Post #29,792 of 31,846
If you're looking for warm and thicc, and if you want it FiiO, FD1 is the perfect choice to start your audio journey! I make full comparisons with three other popular entry-level IEMs, to give you a better idea of where they stand in the market, and how well they match to current runners for the title of the best entry-level Chifi IEMs

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/03/fiio-fd1-iems-warmer-thicker-effect.html

FiiO-FD1-IEMs-Earphones-Dynamic-Driver-FD-One-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-12.jpg

Mar 22, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #29,793 of 31,846
yes. gk10 is tonally bad and have intense qc issue.
tx
this is a proper and more professional graph :
1647983585774.png

i really wish people will stop with inacccurate amateur graph spamming....

as well, part of answer for bad bass and strange tonality is the Ba being in middle with a plastic cavity holder...

anyway, not sure your are that curious...not sure to get your ''point'' neither since its inaccurate.

1647983711543.png
So the plastic holder is the reason why gk10 sound boxy? I have gk10 aswell but the graph looks hilarious

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:51 PM Post #29,794 of 31,846
So the plastic holder is the reason why gk10 sound boxy? I have gk10 aswell but the graph looks hilarious
yeah lol this very graph is among worst thing i ever seen in my life tbh!

but i need to underline it again: DON'T trust every graph! Some are plain amateur BS...will not tell name since i dont like that.

But their the other QC issue too, so if a reviewer obsess with its graph 20$ mic decide to share something that is plain wrong, it can be misleading. What i see here...is DD not working or a big issue with sealing dont know and tbh dont care.

I enjoy Crin graph because it's knowledgeable....and aware of acoustic laws.

This can't be improvise.

Again, GK10 suck. In fact, it will disappear from my list soon...i was really thinking about it even if my pair was from frist carefully qc batch with surely similar tonal balance than crin graph.

with wrong timbre-tone still.

still, it was better than 75% of KZ stuffs, including CA10.

dat dat.

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:54 PM Post #29,795 of 31,846
yeah lol this very graph is among worst thing i ever seen in my life tbh!

but i need to underline it again: DON'T trust every graph! Some are plain amateur BS...will not tell name since i dont like that.

But their the other QC issue too, so if a reviewer obsess with its graph 20$ mic decide to share something that is plain wrong, it can be misleading. What i see here...is DD not working or a big issue with sealing dont know and tbh dont care.

I enjoy Crin graph because it's knowledgeable....and aware of acoustic laws.

This can't be improvise.

Again, GK10 suck. In fact, it will disappear from my list soon...i was really thinking about it even if my pair was from frist carefully qc batch with surely similar tonal balance than crin graph.

with wrong timbre-tone still.

still, it was better than 75% of KZ stuffs, including CA10.

dat dat.
Still have the best tech till 300$ tho.

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:22 PM Post #29,796 of 31,846
My take on Kotori Dauntless. While Tonality will be hit or miss depending of your tonal taste, the technicalities a sure extremely impressive.

KOTORI DAUNTLESS NO BS REVIEW

TONALITY: 7/10
TECHNICALITIES: 8.8/10
CONSTRUCTION: 9/10
SOUND BENEFIT: 8/10

TONALITY

Bright neutral-treble-centric to vivid W shape with tamed bass response, the Kotori put all its energy and talent in treble region, favorizing an open, detailed and energic signature with razor sharp clarity.

TECHNICALITIES
Excellent for the price, and it seem this is the goal of the tuning: take full advantage of attack speed without bass veil. This DD is fast, very fast and well controlled too. Resolution is high. Transparency is above average. The Dauntless is a couragous IEM that can deal with busiest jazz rock or symphony track whitout loosing it's edge in definition and articulation in attack, all concentrate in upper range.

BASS is flat with notable tamed sub-bass response that doesn't feel lacking in extension but sure did in body, rumble, impact and presence. Bass line are far away in the background, well textured and clear enough but easily drowned when hgiher number of instrument come in. Their slight bump in kick and upper bass lower mids presence, this permit to have minimal punch in rock and jazz but not enough to make big kick of pop, soul or rap music club-like or heavy in slam enough. This is serious AF bass, not particularly bad in quality, just lacking in quantity for being really versatile. In fact, if your familiar with Hifiman RE600 bass, it's even better in extension and without any distortion, muffling, bleed in mids.

MIDS are on the dry, clean and detailed side, with great transparency but intimate presentation. They are thin and lack in body and well rounded warmth. Their presence is pushed in upper mids, but some instruments like saxophone sound surprisingly good, wide and airy, yet transparent and textured. Mids texture and crispness are boosted to the detriment of density and wideness of timbre. Female vocal sound fowards but have minimal sibilance, timbre is on the abrasive side here and a bit boxy.

TREBLE is extremely impressive, yet it might be too audacious it's approach of dynamic amplitude too. This will be too much for must people apart treble head and those that prefer analytical sound. It isn't a disaster since the attack is very fast and well controlled, another highlight of the Dauntless, but it does affect overall balance and can make percussion distracting being too fowards, even if again, i've heard worst in that aspect. Its very snappy and sharp highs, whithout lotta decay and brilliance strangely. It does extend far though and pick up tremendous amount of micro details effortlessly. One thing that save the highs from being too brutal is that while sibilance occur, it's mostly in recording that have some in first place, as well their no splashyness to be found due to good attack control so cymbals will not create a distortion nightmare. In fact, we have BA life treble here, and as said, for percussions it can go spectacular, especially solo drum in jazz which is fully restitute in all it's speed glory, from toms and kick to hit hat and cymbals, all perfectly define, textured, yet accurate in attack-timing and benefiting from extra treble air, cause yes, this is an airy open treble too.

SPATIALITY is all about deepness, with average wideness, it doesnt feel stock in your head but not far from it.

IMAGING is very good, though strangely dealed with since high harmonic instrument are better separated and have more sens of space than mids and bass instruments (sub-4khz).

COMPARISONS

VS HZsound Hearth Mirror

Well, let's begin by sayin HZ seem smooth sounding after going some time with the Dauntless, which should tell you alot since they are very vivid and energic brigh IEM, but better rounded on they edge and as a whole. Second things that hit is sub bass weight and presence, but these doesn't make them feel bass, just fuller-weighty and more extended in bass presentation. In fact, kick have more punch with the Dauntless here, making HZ bass feel like a warmer round slam. Tonality is more balanced in it's W shape with HZ, less spiky and shouty on top. Yet, cymbals feel a bit more splashy with HZ, in a smoothed way. Did it mean attack is faster with the Dauntless? Thats possible due to concentration of energy on top while HZ disperse the energy in mids and bass presence too. This is the thing here, Dauntless mids feel very distant compared to HZ, dryer, lighter, flatter in dynamic too. Back to the treble, their mroe air on top with the Dauntless, but its more spike, less full in restitution and more fatiguing. Timbre crually lack density with the Dauntless as well as texture balance, which both are better with HZ Mirror. Unbeatable sub-100$ king of high end balance between technical and tonal prowess.
So, if you want a more technical sounding HZM, with less soul and versatility, Dauntless might be the winner here for you.

VS Moondrop Aria

So different here, the Aria being way smoother, more organic and open in presentation, with denser yet more clean and transparent timbre. Dauntless is the tonal opposite, having no sub bass boost at all, nor fowarded mids presence, and all it's energy spike seem where the Aria smoothen it's curve like snap and abrasiveness in texture. Bass is warmer and less textured with Aria, weightier but not as dry-punchy, mids are fuller but not as clean even if less distant and better layered the definition isn't as sharpen in higher harmonic. For vocal and acoustic instrument like violin, piano, the natural yet polished mids of Aria will do better while for rock electric guitar will sound better and more define with the Dauntless. Soundstage is way wider and taller with the Aria, while imaging is a bit more blurry, vaporous even if richer is sounds layers separation.

All in all, its clear for me that Aria is miles ahead in term of balance, attack weigth and timbre, but hey, if you find them boring the Dauntless are sure to wake you up!

CONCLUSION

When i feel an audio company got tremendous potential, I get excited inside...but this doesn't mean this translate positively into my critical hearing judgment outside. In fact, i might become even more severe and no BS, so this promising company can excell in their futur tuning.

Dauntless is one of those rare new audio company that I feel have immense potential. While this time their tuning might please only a niche audiophile target, the approach is at the same time bold and mature, it doesn't go safe at all and follow a specific tuning ideal that will magnify energy and details of music with great vividness.

If you weight your sound benefit with amount of clarity-details, complex dynamic timing and sharpness of imaging, the Dauntless sure deliver extremely high value in that regard.
For natural tonal balance lover, it will be another story.

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:43 PM Post #29,797 of 31,846
If you're looking for warm and thicc, and if you want it FiiO, FD1 is the perfect choice to start your audio journey! I make full comparisons with three other popular entry-level IEMs, to give you a better idea of where they stand in the market, and how well they match to current runners for the title of the best entry-level Chifi IEMs

https://www.audiophile-heaven.com/2022/03/fiio-fd1-iems-warmer-thicker-effect.html

FiiO-FD1-IEMs-Earphones-Dynamic-Driver-FD-One-Review-Audiophile-Heaven-12.jpg
wow thats some ''retro'' IEM, i did enjoy them at the time. you give me the envy to give them new fresh listen!

Mar 23, 2022 at 4:48 PM Post #29,798 of 31,846
Mar 23, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #29,799 of 31,846
-----KIND OF MEA CULPA----

Ok guys.
I know time have change as well as very well hearted passionate members of this thread are all mostly gone, some out of headfi and other have even pass away (RIP Panda).
It make 9 years i'm part time active on Headfi and see it evolve for the better or the worst in term of community vibe.
Reviewers fight and ambition is surely no1 reason, after it's credibility combat and bad temper, which here, i did have done errors in the past.
For this thread, as well as whole chifi community, I would say toxicity have highen, even if from groups i'm not part of too, so it's not just me but about a phenomenon of innaceptation of different sound impressions or appreciations.
I play piano, produce music and recorded sound field for my whole life, but I have lot of other passion too.
But NO i don't measure IEM or Headphones because I only review with my ears, thus it's call ''sound impressions'', not objective fact.
Did it make me a bad guy or shaddy reviewer?
I don't think so.
Where I feel bad about is when I can be consider as snobbish or elitist because of impulsive opinion I share, which at they end are a form of audiophile ideology or preference.
It's not because I don't appreciate a KZ or TRN IEM that I should trash talk about them. That, i'm sorry about. I'm 38 and it's immature.
In 2022, I calm my hubris and open my humility.
If their something i've done in the past that spoil your listening pleasure: I am sincerly Sorry.
You will never see me tell to somebody it's IEM he love is trash. That's maloven, again, I don't think ive done this since 5 years, but if I do: Sorry.
As well, I did perhaps enter this toxic reviewers competition-paranoia-reactivity and surely insult some years ago, or imply they have bad hearing which was pretentious: again sorry for this and it's just vain. Since I will never know.
About graph: I love reading it, but will never make any measure because there enough out there, thanks to Crin for it's generous contribution and I highly suggest you to read it's article about ''How to read graph'', here: https://crinacle.com/2020/04/08/graphs-101-how-to-read-headphone-measurements/
I did read this article some year ago, it was enriching. Very detailed and in depth.
Anyway, all that to say that i'm still open minded and passionate about Chi-Fi, it's in my skin and my ears, all day long.

No one have ultimate golden ears, the act of hearing is a form of bias in it's own too (different sensitivity-shape and different psychoacoustic perception), thus the extra measurement benefit, but everybody love to listen to music and good audio gear.

Chi-Fi and high sound benefit return is what connect us all here and beyond. I'm not in competition with other group or reviewers. I want budget audio gear to be known and share, for every type of listeners and budget. I want to enjoy any gear of any price as well, without being judge on preconception.

As the cliché sentence say: Do do to others what you would not like them to do to you. Taking account of your temper weakness make you evolve, and while I evolve in audio experience and sound perception sensitivity, it's time I evolve in social media communication too.

From now on, NymPHONO is chill and positive, and learn from it's past error.

My reviews are subjective, honnest and will always be like this. Not just Chi-FI, not just IEM, not just obsess with technicalities.

I will not participate to bad vibe or subjective sounds impressions dispute anymore. Even if attacked. Never ever.

PEACE

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #29,800 of 31,846
My take on Kotori Dauntless. While Tonality will be hit or miss depending of your tonal taste, the technicalities a sure extremely impressive.

KOTORI DAUNTLESS NO BS REVIEW

TONALITY: 7/10
TECHNICALITIES: 8.8/10
CONSTRUCTION: 9/10
SOUND BENEFIT: 8/10

TONALITY

Bright neutral-treble-centric to vivid W shape with tamed bass response, the Kotori put all its energy and talent in treble region, favorizing an open, detailed and energic signature with razor sharp clarity.

TECHNICALITIES
Excellent for the price, and it seem this is the goal of the tuning: take full advantage of attack speed without bass veil. This DD is fast, very fast and well controlled too. Resolution is high. Transparency is above average. The Dauntless is a couragous IEM that can deal with busiest jazz rock or symphony track whitout loosing it's edge in definition and articulation in attack, all concentrate in upper range.

BASS is flat with notable tamed sub-bass response that doesn't feel lacking in extension but sure did in body, rumble, impact and presence. Bass line are far away in the background, well textured and clear enough but easily drowned when hgiher number of instrument come in. Their slight bump in kick and upper bass lower mids presence, this permit to have minimal punch in rock and jazz but not enough to make big kick of pop, soul or rap music club-like or heavy in slam enough. This is serious AF bass, not particularly bad in quality, just lacking in quantity for being really versatile. In fact, if your familiar with Hifiman RE600 bass, it's even better in extension and without any distortion, muffling, bleed in mids.

MIDS are on the dry, clean and detailed side, with great transparency but intimate presentation. They are thin and lack in body and well rounded warmth. Their presence is pushed in upper mids, but some instruments like saxophone sound surprisingly good, wide and airy, yet transparent and textured. Mids texture and crispness are boosted to the detriment of density and wideness of timbre. Female vocal sound fowards but have minimal sibilance, timbre is on the abrasive side here and a bit boxy.

TREBLE is extremely impressive, yet it might be too audacious it's approach of dynamic amplitude too. This will be too much for must people apart treble head and those that prefer analytical sound. It isn't a disaster since the attack is very fast and well controlled, another highlight of the Dauntless, but it does affect overall balance and can make percussion distracting being too fowards, even if again, i've heard worst in that aspect. Its very snappy and sharp highs, whithout lotta decay and brilliance strangely. It does extend far though and pick up tremendous amount of micro details effortlessly. One thing that save the highs from being too brutal is that while sibilance occur, it's mostly in recording that have some in first place, as well their no splashyness to be found due to good attack control so cymbals will not create a distortion nightmare. In fact, we have BA life treble here, and as said, for percussions it can go spectacular, especially solo drum in jazz which is fully restitute in all it's speed glory, from toms and kick to hit hat and cymbals, all perfectly define, textured, yet accurate in attack-timing and benefiting from extra treble air, cause yes, this is an airy open treble too.

SPATIALITY is all about deepness, with average wideness, it doesnt feel stock in your head but not far from it.

IMAGING is very good, though strangely dealed with since high harmonic instrument are better separated and have more sens of space than mids and bass instruments (sub-4khz).

COMPARISONS

VS HZsound Hearth Mirror

Well, let's begin by sayin HZ seem smooth sounding after going some time with the Dauntless, which should tell you alot since they are very vivid and energic brigh IEM, but better rounded on they edge and as a whole. Second things that hit is sub bass weight and presence, but these doesn't make them feel bass, just fuller-weighty and more extended in bass presentation. In fact, kick have more punch with the Dauntless here, making HZ bass feel like a warmer round slam. Tonality is more balanced in it's W shape with HZ, less spiky and shouty on top. Yet, cymbals feel a bit more splashy with HZ, in a smoothed way. Did it mean attack is faster with the Dauntless? Thats possible due to concentration of energy on top while HZ disperse the energy in mids and bass presence too. This is the thing here, Dauntless mids feel very distant compared to HZ, dryer, lighter, flatter in dynamic too. Back to the treble, their mroe air on top with the Dauntless, but its more spike, less full in restitution and more fatiguing. Timbre crually lack density with the Dauntless as well as texture balance, which both are better with HZ Mirror. Unbeatable sub-100$ king of high end balance between technical and tonal prowess.
So, if you want a more technical sounding HZM, with less soul and versatility, Dauntless might be the winner here for you.

VS Moondrop Aria

So different here, the Aria being way smoother, more organic and open in presentation, with denser yet more clean and transparent timbre. Dauntless is the tonal opposite, having no sub bass boost at all, nor fowarded mids presence, and all it's energy spike seem where the Aria smoothen it's curve like snap and abrasiveness in texture. Bass is warmer and less textured with Aria, weightier but not as dry-punchy, mids are fuller but not as clean even if less distant and better layered the definition isn't as sharpen in higher harmonic. For vocal and acoustic instrument like violin, piano, the natural yet polished mids of Aria will do better while for rock electric guitar will sound better and more define with the Dauntless. Soundstage is way wider and taller with the Aria, while imaging is a bit more blurry, vaporous even if richer is sounds layers separation.

All in all, its clear for me that Aria is miles ahead in term of balance, attack weigth and timbre, but hey, if you find them boring the Dauntless are sure to wake you up!

CONCLUSION

When i feel an audio company got tremendous potential, I get excited inside...but this doesn't mean this translate positively into my critical hearing judgment outside. In fact, i might become even more severe and no BS, so this promising company can excell in their futur tuning.

Dauntless is one of those rare new audio company that I feel have immense potential. While this time their tuning might please only a niche audiophile target, the approach is at the same time bold and mature, it doesn't go safe at all and follow a specific tuning ideal that will magnify energy and details of music with great vividness.

If you weight your sound benefit with amount of clarity-details, complex dynamic timing and sharpness of imaging, the Dauntless sure deliver extremely high value in that regard.
For natural tonal balance lover, it will be another story.

Agree with this, Kotori Dauntless has very good technicalities, but is too bright for non trebleheads. Timbre is also quite nasal and thin.

I think it has a very niche tuning, for analytical heads, but it can get fatiguing with longer sessions. Technicalities gets an A or even S for the cost. But tonally and timbre wise I would have to give it a C.

Last edited:
Mar 23, 2022 at 11:49 PM Post #29,801 of 31,846
Agree with this, Kotori Dauntless has very good technicalities, but is too bright for non trebleheads. Timbre is also quite nasal and thin.

I think it has a very niche tuning, for analytical heads, but it can get fatiguing with longer sessions. Technicalities gets an A or even S for the cost. But tonally and timbre wise I would have to give it a C.
Exactly, and this is where its hearth breaking imo
i mean, this is where i wonder about tonality charm too...did it charm some people? this is the question. i see some people liking it, but math say its a minority here.
anyway, technical head might really enjoy them.

Ill give a A too, its the type of IEM that can distract you with their phenomenal snappy (good quality) treble, and at this price: its sure very rare.

Mar 24, 2022 at 12:01 AM Post #29,802 of 31,846
Hello mate, still active on HF, thats very cool!

Can you share some Pros and Cons of these so we get an idea here too?

As well, what price is it?
Sure, no problem...:smile::thumbsup:

Here's a brief mention on the BFB ACACIA

To read the whole mini review, click the link below...:point_down:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-16870528

1645895881505.jpg
PROS & CONS:

PROS

Fast bass punch
Excellent resolution and clarity
Details/Micro-details
Better than average soundstage
Built quality
Sounds even better when amped
Crossover electronic divider
Comfortable fit
Detachable cables
Nice ear tip assortments
Shirt clip
Carry case

CONS
Not for bass heads
May be prone to harsh or sibilant tracks, though the details are so inviting!

FINAL COMMENTS & PRICE:
I think the BFB ACACIA offers a good opportunity for listeners to experience a neutral sounding signature with a lift on the upper range for excellent technical hi-end details. You can purchase the BFB ACACIA at around 219 yuan, which translates to $34 US dollars. Finally, I would like to thank the owner of Bamboo Forest Bird and his team for providing the BFB ACACIA in return for my honest impressions.

Check out the BFB ACACIA by searching below.

OFFICIAL STORE: BAMBOO FOREST BIRD TAOBAO STORE
https://shop230644266.taobao.com

OFFICIAL CHINESE WEBSITE:
https://www.zhuaudio.com

Note: In the case of BFB not selling their items outside of Taobao, you can register your address and buy any of them globally through a Taobao Agent by sending the Taobao webpage item to any of the Taobao global services links below. You can read their services and see which one's the best for you.

1) https://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao
2) https://baohero.com/taobao-agent-usa
3) https://www.tbget.com
4) https://parcelup.com

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the BFB ACACIA is right for you!
Cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear

Mar 25, 2022 at 12:58 PM Post #29,803 of 31,846
Sure, no problem...:smile::thumbsup:

Here's a brief mention on the BFB ACACIA

To read the whole mini review, click the link below...:point_down:
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/the-discovery-thread.586909/post-16870528

PROS & CONS:

PROS

Fast bass punch
Excellent resolution and clarity
Details/Micro-details
Better than average soundstage
Built quality
Sounds even better when amped
Crossover electronic divider
Comfortable fit
Detachable cables
Nice ear tip assortments
Shirt clip
Carry case

CONS
Not for bass heads
May be prone to harsh or sibilant tracks, though the details are so inviting!

FINAL COMMENTS & PRICE:
I think the BFB ACACIA offers a good opportunity for listeners to experience a neutral sounding signature with a lift on the upper range for excellent technical hi-end details. You can purchase the BFB ACACIA at around 219 yuan, which translates to $34 US dollars. Finally, I would like to thank the owner of Bamboo Forest Bird and his team for providing the BFB ACACIA in return for my honest impressions.

Check out the BFB ACACIA by searching below.

OFFICIAL STORE: BAMBOO FOREST BIRD TAOBAO STORE
https://shop230644266.taobao.com

OFFICIAL CHINESE WEBSITE:
https://www.zhuaudio.com

Note: In the case of BFB not selling their items outside of Taobao, you can register your address and buy any of them globally through a Taobao Agent by sending the Taobao webpage item to any of the Taobao global services links below. You can read their services and see which one's the best for you.

1) https://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao
2) https://baohero.com/taobao-agent-usa
3) https://www.tbget.com
4) https://parcelup.com

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the BFB ACACIA is right for you!
Cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear
OH! 34$!
Thanks mate, sure on my list now...would you say its better than ZS10pro?

Mar 25, 2022 at 1:15 PM Post #29,804 of 31,846
Was feeling retro today and give a listen back to my old URBANFUN HYBRID (call Urbanfun HIFI too), they are responsible for my Chi-Fi obsession....next level, since the balance was very organic delicate and refined for an IEM of this price at the time and still certainly is even today.

Sure, it isnt delivering a lush thick timbre when it come to mids, but presence, clarity and separation are very good as well as transparency. It's not an harsh sounding IEM, at least with Tempotec HDV i pair them with right now. Punchy crisp near neutral with airy treble and fast well separated mid bass thump and textured but lean sub bass.

I think the fact they still exist after 5-6years is a statement of quality, but i'm not certain it use very same DD driver...since Urbanfun can be a bit how say, impresible about this (if people remember the YBF polemic about drivers change....from Bery plated to cheaper Titanium)

my old review is here:https://www.head-fi.org/showcase/ge...re-dynamic-earbuds.21841/reviews#review-18335

It make me nostalgic about these ol'days. Loomis is missing, even if he continu to do reviews I think, not sure.

1648228343777.png

Mar 26, 2022 at 12:19 AM Post #29,805 of 31,846
OH! 34$!
Thanks mate, sure on my list now...would you say its better than ZS10pro?
The sound signature is totally different from each other. The BFB ACACIA benefits better from a warmer AMP, since they have a neutral and brighter signature showing off all the details from your music library, while the KZ ZS10 PRO can be used almost on any device with its' slight V-shape signature with a noticeable lower-end bass response for most other genre's. The ZS10 PRO is higher in volume too. Meaning, the ZS10 PRO does not take that much effort to make them loud from any device, while the ACACIA will take more volume to make them sound just as loud with the benefit of good detail retrieval. So, those that are planning to buy the ACACIA should keep everything I mentioned above in mind.

Note: About the ACACIA, those that are bass heads should stay away, while those that are treble heads are more than welcome to check them out.

Glad to help, NymPHONOmaniac! :handshake:

-Clear

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back