The discovery thread!
Mar 17, 2022 at 11:53 PM Post #62,101 of 99,680
Just popped the top of this one about 20 minutes ago! Insane what you can buy for under $100. I will have a review in a few days. Best described after a 5 minute session.........pure bliss! I'm serious! They will sell-out.

DSC_0051.JPG

Tipsy TTROMSO PineStone Sea Universal IEM
Comes with a 1 year warranty, free shipping.........anywhere.

$89.00

Get them here:
Linsoul website: https://www.linsoul.com/
Linsoul Aliexpress Store: https://ddaudio.aliexpress.com/store/2894006
Linsoul USA Amazon Store link: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A267P2DT104U3C&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Damn , thanks for confirming my intuition 😁 , I need this now. Just was waiting for impression

Mar 17, 2022 at 11:57 PM Post #62,102 of 99,680
Just popped the top of this one about 20 minutes ago! Insane what you can buy for under $100. I will have a review in a few days. Best described after a 5 minute session.........pure bliss! I'm serious! They will sell-out.

DSC_0051.JPG

Tipsy TTROMSO PineStone Sea Universal IEM
Comes with a 1 year warranty, free shipping.........anywhere.

$89.00

Get them here:
Linsoul website: https://www.linsoul.com/
Linsoul Aliexpress Store: https://ddaudio.aliexpress.com/store/2894006
Linsoul USA Amazon Store link: https://www.amazon.com/s?me=A267P2DT104U3C&marketplaceID=ATVPDKIKX0DER
Ordered 🥲

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:10 AM Post #62,103 of 99,680
Treble: subdivision of a written composition........Tipsy and TTROMSO used interchangeably.

Much of this hobby of ours is like cooking. There can be regular changes of equipment which bring about an understood and expected/desired set of results. Take for example the Sony WM1Z DAP. With the included TTROMSO 3.5mm cable it was exceptional. Still I wanted to find out if there were any sonic gifts to be found using the 4.4mm optional 1Z amplifier, a plug and cable switch away. The Sony DAP offers two complete separate amps inside.

A switch to the DUNU DUW-03 4.4mm cable and we are greeted with a slightly bigger soundstage. Still the (exact-same) sonic attributes (characteristics) are still there. Time to switch to the more midcentric Sony WM1A! Ahhh.....I think I may have just found the key! The Sony WM1A also offers two complete separate amps inside, again I’m using the 4.4mm balanced.

TTROMSO IEM
Sony WM1A Digital Audio Player
DUNU DUW-03, a 4.4mm balanced cable

Because the Tipsy does contain a high level of amber tones, we have room to explore. Such slight darkness and shadow mean there is a freedom to experiment with different cables. If anything new vistas are illuminated! Let’s just call this a new perspective extra-sparkle, like that of hair color, stuff has more detail.

The new introduction of a silver DUNU DUW-03 4.4mm balanced cable brought about new found depth and textures. Such are the choices found with ample amounts of sonic leeway.

You can basically use your own subjective judgement here, as the tone is so smooth anyway............we are never putting out fires or looking for correction, well maybe a slight correction......but I found it! Bass has a whole new level of speed, any slowness (somewhat) was instantly replaced with dexterity! So what’s happening here is a profound reaction to source character!

That my friends is the FR value in a nutshell! And while the Tipsy may not be for everyone, I can’t see any of the general populace taking offense to the tone. If anything (for most buyers) the Tipsy/TTROMSO experience will enlighten aspects of the audiophile hobby in ways unexpected!

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 12:12 AM Post #62,104 of 99,680
Treble: subdivision of a written composition........Tipsy and TTROMSO used interchangeably.

Much of this hobby of ours is like cooking. There can be regular changes of equipment which brings about an understood and expected/desired results. Take for example the Sony WM1Z DAP. With the included TTROMSO 3.5mm cable it was exceptional. Still I wanted to find out if there was any sonic gifts to be found using the 4.4mm optional 1Z amplifier, a plug and cable switch away. The Sony DAP offers two complete separate amps inside.

A switch to the DUNU DUW-03 4.4mm cable and we are greeted with a slightly bigger soundstage. Still the sonic attributes (characteristics) are still there. Time to switch to the more midcentric Sony WM1A! Ahhh.....I think I may have just found the key! The Sony WM1A also offers two complete separate amps inside, again I’m using the 4.4mm balanced.

TTROMSO IEM
Sony WM1A Digital Audio Player
DUNU DUW-03, a 4.4mm balanced cable

Because the Tipsy does contain a high level of amber tones, we have room to explore. Such slight darkness and shadow mean there is a freedom to experiment with different cables. If anything new vistas are illuminated! Let’s just call this a new perspective extra-sparkle, like that of hair color, stuff has more detail.

The new introduction of a silver DUNU DUW-03 4.4mm balanced cable brought about new found depth and textures. Such are the choices found with ample amounts of sonic leeway.

You can basically use your own subjective judgement here, as the tone is so smooth anyway............we are never putting out fires or looking for correction. That my friends is the FR value in a nutshell! And while the Tipsy may not be for everyone, I can’t see any of the general populace taking offense to the tone. If anything (for most buyers) the tipsy experience will enlighten aspects of the audiophile hobby in ways surprisingly unexpected!
How does it compare to onyx

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:22 AM Post #62,105 of 99,680
How does it compare to onyx
Remember the price point........that the ONYX is almost 7x more green backs. But to compare anyway. The ONYX has a level of bass definition and texture the TTROMSO can’t touch. Still both are exploiting the exact same sound-signature. So? I mean the TTROMSO is way-way more comfortable. The midrange the TTROMSO offers seems slightly fuller. It’s really the character of BAs, or a single DD. Where the ONYX does do BAs totally right, the character is still different than the TTROMSO. I knew someone would ask this question. That is about best I can answer at this point. I need more time.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 12:49 AM Post #62,106 of 99,680
Remember the price point........that the ONYX is 6X more green backs. But to compare anyway. The ONYX has a level of bass definition and texture the TTROMSO can’t touch. Still both are exploiting the exact same sound-signature. So? I mean the TTROMSO is way-way more comfortable. The midrange the TTROMSO offers seems slightly fuller. It’s really the character of BAs, or a single DD. Where the ONYX does do BAs totally right, the character is still different than the TTROMSO. I knew someone would ask this question. That is about best I can answer at this point. I need more time.
Take your time , don't forget to burn it in 😀

Mar 18, 2022 at 12:59 AM Post #62,107 of 99,680
Take your time , don't forget to burn it in 😀
That’s the perplexing thing? The TTROMSO needed zero burn-in. It makes me wonder if it had a factory burn-in? The midrange boost makes the TTROMSO maybe slightly more accessible, but obviously the realism factor that the ONYX parlays can’t be messed with. Still for what’s offered the TTROMSO has a handful of cool ways it goes about life! The guitar is very favorably showcased. Me being a guitar player, I’m always drawn to such aspects. Also the main similarities between the ONYX and TTROMSO is they both do big-big sound, that’s wonderfully the same. The frequently response is shared between both IEMs, to a point.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 1:27 AM Post #62,108 of 99,680
Some measurements and details about the upcoming Moondrop DAC/amp: https://www.l7audiolab.com/f/moondrop-moonriver2/

It is in chinese but u can Google translate and the measurements are kinda universal.

It is called the Moon river 2.

1647581257964.png

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:28 AM Post #62,109 of 99,680
I heard from my friends that these Tipsy are so-so - soft and without details. I would be wary of buying them.
Nope? Full-on detail fest? It simply reflects what you bounce off of it. Meaning you need to try some different sources and cables (like I just did, above) to find gold!

Totally respectable and desirable playback. This song is fast and convoluted, yet the Tipsy does it very, very well. It’s just not an IEM for heavy bass playback sources, like the WM1Z. It parlays fast change-ups, and does a midcentric source really well. It takes that soundstage mid-width and uses it to spread out detail.

Last edited:
Mar 18, 2022 at 3:31 AM Post #62,110 of 99,680
Mar 18, 2022 at 9:30 AM Post #62,111 of 99,680
My full video review of the 7Hz Timeless is live now!! If you like V-Shaped sonic presentations, this is going to be a favorite. Also, it is supported fully by Linsoul Audio, making the deal even better~

We all heard that some Flavor Of The Month IEMs sound good, but what does that mean? Well, FOTM is an expression often used on the Head-Fi forums, and it refers to to products that become popular quickly, and which tend to be forgotten a while after launch, thus their month of popularity. Is 7Hz Timeless one of those, or it's just a really popular IEM that everyone started liking fast?

Mar 18, 2022 at 1:46 PM Post #62,113 of 99,680
Hello Head-fier’s!...Introducing the BFB ACACIA:point_down::nerd:

1645895881479.jpg1645895881489.jpg1645895881528.jpg

This new startup company, Bamboo Forest Bird (BFB), has been on my radar since last year on the Taobao shopping website from China! :spy:

1645895881536.jpg1645895881451.jpg
About Bamboo Forest Bird
Bamboo Forest Bird, until now, is a fairly new company. They were established in 2016, and they first came out in public with their own exclusive in-ear earphones in 2020 and started selling them through their own webpage on Taobao, which is one of China’s biggest shopping websites. They have been gaining quite a following since last year ever since the words been out in China that who’s ever tuning their earphones is “a force to be reckoned with”, especially for their high-quality tuning of the 6mm “BFB Lark” that are still currently available for a ridiculously low price on Taobao. According to their Chinese home page, their model is “for ordinary people to enjoy better sound at low cost”, which I feel makes a lot of sense for the average consumer like you and me.

1645895881462.jpg1645895881497.jpg1645895881470.jpg
About BFB ACACIA
Here are some impressions on BFB’s latest hybrid IEM called the BFB ACACIA. After more than 100 hours of playtime, I immediately noticed how immersive the hi-end treble details sounded. But first, I would like to warn those who are bass-heads! These are probably not for you. So, if you like your songs to sound bright and appreciate a neutral signature, then you’re more than welcome to read on. The BFB ACACIA is in an in-ear monitor consisting of a hybrid configuration, which sports a 10mm composite diaphragm driver and a custom-made 30095 BA per side. They have a built-in miniature electronic crossover circuit dividing the bass and higher frequency sounds from the 10mm driver and the BA armature, which is usually found on more expensive IEM’s. The beautifully made housing unit is made of medical grade PC resin material and the detachable cables are 4N copper/silver plated with an optional microphone when purchasing. The ACACIA has a neutral sounding signature with bright and higher end treble, while the bass is fast and precise, and the midrange is consistently clear. They are more of a technical reference type of in-ear monitor than a warmer set. Overall, the unique side of Bamboo Forest Bird is that they are not just focusing on one type of sound signature to satisfy the buyer, but so far there are at least four different styles of signatures available from their current brand. There’s the BFB AMAZING as a “small” V-shape signature, the BFB LARK as a U-shape signature, the BFB NIGHTINGALE as a V-shape signature, and now the BFB ACACIA with a neutral signature. I personally like them all for my library of music, since they all have a unique and different sound signature to offer.

1647418124175 (4).jpg :point_left: *Built-in miniature electronic crossover circuit divider courtesy of BFB for the BFB ACACIA

*Frequency specification (translated to English) courtesy of BFB for the BFB ACACIA :point_down:

1645965329194.jpg

*Zoomed picture of the frequency graph courtesy of BFB for the BFB ACACIA :point_down:

1645895881451 (3).jpg

What’s in the Package:
The BFB ACACIA comes in a beautifully displayed white box displaying sceneries of China on the box with plenty of accessories inside, which includes the main IEM units in a silvery/white resin finish with gold trimming accent, MMCX detachable cables with (optional) MIC, back/forward, and volume controls, two (2) sets of white and black S-M-L silicone ear tips. The white “wide-bore” set of ear tips plays “transparently” while the black “narrow-bore” set of ear tips plays “balanced”. The package also includes a set of sponge ear tips in its own plastic case, a white shirt clip, manual, and a gray carry case.

1645895881520.jpg1645895881512.jpg

PROS & CONS
PROS:

Fast bass punch
Excellent resolution and clarity
Details/Micro-details
Better than average soundstage
Built quality
Sounds even better when amped
Crossover electronic divider
Comfortable fit
Detachable cables
Nice ear tip assortments
Shirt clip
Carry case

CONS:
Not for bass heads
May be prone to harsh or sibilant tracks, though the details are so inviting!

1645895881505.jpg

PERSONAL SUGGESTIONS:
The detachable cable and even the silicone ear tips actually work very well with the earphone units, though it is good to understand that the dynamics of replacing the cables or ear tips would either offer an upgrade to the intended sound or might just degrade it. I, myself find it interesting that after tinkering with my unit, I came to the conclusion that either wide-bore ear tips or narrow-bore ear tips work quite well even though they sounded slightly different from one another. So, in this situation it might just come down to personal preference. Both wide-bore or narrow-bores ear tips can practically bring out the best precision or musical sound possible. So, this will depend on what’s the best setting your willing to go with. Overall, this makes them very versatile, if you ask me.

PERSONAL NOTE:
So, on a personal note, I think the BFB ACACIA offers a good opportunity for listeners to experience a neutral sounding signature with a lift on the upper range for excellent technical hi-end details. You can purchase the BFB ACACIA at around 219 yuan, which translates to $34 US dollars. Finally, I would like to thank the owner of Bamboo Forest Bird and his team for providing the BFB ACACIA in return for my honest impressions.

Check out the BFB ACACIA by searching below.

OFFICIAL STORE: BAMBOO FOREST BIRD TAOBAO STORE
https://shop230644266.taobao.com

OFFICIAL CHINESE WEBSITE:
https://www.zhuaudio.com

Note: In the case of BFB not selling their items outside of Taobao, you can register your address and buy any of them globally through a Taobao Agent by sending the Taobao webpage item to any of the Taobao global services links below. You can read their services and see which one's the best for you.

1) https://www.howtotao.com/buy-from-taobao
2) https://baohero.com/taobao-agent-usa
3) https://www.tbget.com
4) https://parcelup.com

Hope this helps anyone in their personal choice of whether the BFB ACACIA is right for you!
Cheers! :beerchug:

-Clear

Last edited:
Mar 19, 2022 at 12:31 AM Post #62,114 of 99,680
My full video review of the 7Hz Timeless is live now!! If you like V-Shaped sonic presentations, this is going to be a favorite. Also, it is supported fully by Linsoul Audio, making the deal even better~

We all heard that some Flavor Of The Month IEMs sound good, but what does that mean? Well, FOTM is an expression often used on the Head-Fi forums, and it refers to to products that become popular quickly, and which tend to be forgotten a while after launch, thus their month of popularity. Is 7Hz Timeless one of those, or it's just a really popular IEM that everyone started liking fast?

I love my Timeless. I don't think they are V shaped. The RE800 Silver a V SHAPED. That's a V shaped IEM. The Timeless are fairly balanced with a thinner note presentation and lightning quick bass. Where as the RE800's note presentation is thick as chunky soup.

Mar 19, 2022 at 12:42 AM Post #62,115 of 99,680
I love my Timeless. I don't think they are V shaped. The RE800 Silver a V SHAPED. That's a V shaped IEM. The Timeless are fairly balanced with a thinner note presentation and lightning quick bass. Where as the RE800's note presentation is thick as chunky soup.
I agree. Timeless is definitely not V, and your description reflects more accurately to how i feel when i listen to Timeless

Users who are viewing this thread

Back