CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Apr 7, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #29,836 of 31,859
Hi all, I've found a good offer on Amazon for the Aria so I got It.

After only 30 hours of burnin (Moondrop says 100 hour) I may say this is a very pleasant all round iem, enough bass for elettronic music (not basshead level) and natural sound that works well with voices male and female and good air in the treables.
A well balanced harmanish iem.

I've try to compare it with the E1000 ( the only one neutral sounding iem I've) but is to much unfair. E1000 is to much darker and less lively.

More interesting is the comparison with the Shozy Form 1.1 (V shaped and same price range). Boot are relaxing to my ears but Aria sound more natural end easy where the 1.1 has more body and more tecnicality maybe an int more correct in tonality and can reach basshead level.

Any way Aria is a very good iem for long listening sessions at home and on the go.

Thank's all that suggest me this iem! :) 👍

Now in my radar for neutral well sounding iems remain the KB100 and Titan S/Olina (boot upgrade of the Heart Mirror), I don't know if add the TC01 too.🤔
And for my basshead side the Reecho SG03 😃

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #29,837 of 31,859
These Lafitear LF1 begin to get some excitment on Chifi Love group....

But...i'm still suspicious about DLC bery plated DD assumption...still, at 13$ (7$ on taobao i think) these might be a giant ultra budget killer! Let see if the hype grow outside Chifi Love. For legit drivers assumption, Vannak Pech will make a tear down, hes very knowledgeable about drivers models and material (since he built some and order plenty of DD etc)

1649347725775.png

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005004100940702.html

Apr 7, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #29,838 of 31,859

But...i'm still suspicious about DLC bery plated DD assumption...still, at 13$ (7$ on taobao i think) these might be a giant ultra budget killer! Let see if the hype grow outside Chifi Love. For legit drivers assumption, Vannak Pech will make a tear down, hes very knowledgeable about drivers models and material (since he built some and order plenty of DD etc)

Out of curiousty, maybe i should join the group after all. I can't go to the group with the link on your signature, can you give me a link ? Also the taobao link if you can

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #29,839 of 31,859

.1649347725775.png
I was considering adding this or Lafitear LF4 to the cart during 3.28 sale. They screamed of KZs and I'm not a fan of transparent plastic unless the sound is ......hyped LOL? Ultimately chose Hzsound Heart Mirror and TRN V90s because of past interest plus their metal housings.

Bought V90s mainly because of that attractive red paint. Their treble is a little too aggressive to my liking, not a great option for people with low treble tolerance.

HM didn't blow me away but they're slightly above average across the board. The built is excellent, the unit is also smaller in person so the chrome finish isn't nearly as intrusive as I thought. Sound is 'EASY-GOING' and relatively clean(not sterile). Warmth of bass was marginally carried over to other spectrums and remain present. Resolution is fine but improvements in this area could really take these to the next level. Great vocal timbre is the note stands out to me. Etymotic ER4 series could be a reference for Lows and Mids regions IMO. Overall a safe rec for sub $50 IEMs if you're looking for somewhat of a 'boring' tuning!

Apr 8, 2022 at 10:34 AM Post #29,840 of 31,859
I was considering adding this or Lafitear LF4 to the cart during 3.28 sale. They screamed of KZs and I'm not a fan of transparent plastic unless the sound is ......hyped LOL? Ultimately chose Hzsound Heart Mirror and TRN V90s because of past interest plus their metal housings.

Bought V90s mainly because of that attractive red paint. Their treble is a little too aggressive to my liking, not a great option for people with low treble tolerance.

HM didn't blow me away but they're slightly above average across the board. The built is excellent, the unit is also smaller in person so the chrome finish isn't nearly as intrusive as I thought. Sound is 'EASY-GOING' and relatively clean(not sterile). Warmth of bass was marginally carried over to other spectrums and remain present. Resolution is fine but improvements in this area could really take these to the next level. Great vocal timbre is the note stands out to me. Etymotic ER4 series could be a reference for Lows and Mids regions IMO. Overall a safe rec for sub $50 IEMs if you're looking for somewhat of a 'boring' tuning!
Yeah, its really drivers tech assumption that hook me...but im still waiting for first impression by IAN to pull the trigger...since its really neurotic obsessive-compulsive chifi curiosity that drive me to trow 15$usd on IEM instead of food lol

what ear tips and source do you use with HZ mate? They are by far my fav sub-100$ IEM but not with every source i use, some make them flat-thin-boring.

damn...did i forget to share about this....a new single DD IEM from HZSOUND is coming, Keephifi will be the first to sell them i think. It have a strange name: HZsound Waist Drum. And very similar housing to DQSM Hermit (great technical iem with wonky tonality)....in fact, 2022 seem to be fullfill with new budget offering...wait a sec will do another post

Apr 8, 2022 at 10:41 AM Post #29,841 of 31,859
CHIFI budget market is on Fire in 2022, there you go for some very exciting release!

Moondrop CHU (22$ 10mm DD, seem to be balanced V shape, perhaps first Moondrop basshead iem?)
https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...kJpBD7M-hhDyT3l7EH2Re5sAVC0vzDJNcn-4Tz9QNsrvE
1649428575688.png
1649428585426.png

HZSOUND WAIST DRUM (about 30$-6mm composite DD-open back design)
1649428654172.png
1649428680773.png

''Sin Fir dii tii siix'' MAX (!!) (1DLC DD-1BA-1pieze-about 40$ with modular cable) (should be available soon on Keehifi)
1649428759427.png
1649428768057.png
1649428776317.png
1649428784099.png

Last edited:
Apr 8, 2022 at 10:56 AM Post #29,842 of 31,859
Oh, thanks fo
Out of curiousty, maybe i should join the group after all. I can't go to the group with the link on your signature, can you give me a link ? Also the taobao link if you can
Oh, thanks for pointing this out, it should work now. Its a cool group, pretty positive and non-snobbish....diversify too...2 weeks old though lol
taobao of which IEM?

Apr 8, 2022 at 11:04 AM Post #29,843 of 31,859
Oh, thanks fo

Oh, thanks for pointing this out, it should work now. Its a cool group, pretty positive and non-snobbish....diversify too...2 weeks old though lol
taobao of which IEM?
The lafitear(s) LF-1, i have search for it but can't find it on taobao

Apr 8, 2022 at 1:39 PM Post #29,844 of 31,859
Apr 8, 2022 at 10:23 PM Post #29,846 of 31,859
Apr 9, 2022 at 7:57 AM Post #29,848 of 31,859
Actually if the graph is legit, this set looks like it will have massive subbass and a shouty upper mids (pinna gain of ~ 13 dB).
indeed....this is why i wait for human sound impressions. Ian just get his measuring gear....its just to give a hint about overall balance...not to make any conclusion.
im more intrigue by new HZ tbh

Apr 9, 2022 at 9:03 AM Post #29,849 of 31,859
Ian update about Lafitear LF1:

Me:about lafitear...is is VERY impressive? do you think its necessary i order them?

Him: No, it does not impress me. especially the treble which im not a fan. bass is good though.

(so, ill say its a pass...and lets wait for Vannak to confirm driver material)

Apr 9, 2022 at 1:05 PM Post #29,850 of 31,859
I would totally settle for U-shape! I mostly just need good bass or my music gets boring.

Thanks for the recommendations everyone! This was a huge help. If anyone has any other options I would love to hear.
Sony MH755 -- very very tiny, big bass, V-shaped but not tinny. Widely counterfeited -- forget AliExpress -- but I got real ones from spassear
https://www.ebay.com/itm/352537526219

Other Head-Fi people have said these are also real ones, and cheaper. I'd suggest white ones because they are less frequently fake.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/304069747002

They have a thin hardwired cable and it's J-shaped: short on left, long on right. They're unlikely to stand up to heavy use, but if you like them they're cheap enough to buy in bulk.

There are long Head-Fi threads on MH755, including how to detect fakes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back