CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 18, 2020 at 7:58 PM Post #25,186 of 31,867
Btw, now that I've got your attention, anybody here got the **** 16 core upgrade cable? I just bought one and wanna know if I need to be careful or if they're sturdy and don't need to be babied. Thanks!

Edit: I guess now I know which company has been banned lol, but they all kinda look like they're produced from the same factory anyway - so any advice?

Yeah, those cables are defo same but with different brand stamps. I have quite a few and different colours. I like them, prefer the 8 core as 16 core are pretty thick and heavy. I just got one though and the smell from the material is VERY strong and distracting. Had to put it in a box. I hate seeing them sold on Amazon and eBay for insane prices, sometimes TEN times more expensive.

I'm still looking for something with detail and air.

How bad are the NiceHCK NX7? The reviews are mixed. Some say theyre too strident. Some say the timbre is unnatural. But they all say detail and top end are good. And I've seen recent posts in various threads here with people praising their NX7, I guess after the hype and hot takes have died down.

So, are they worth owning, or is there something better under $100 with detail and top end?

Even though I don't have it, maybe hold off for some reviews of the BGVP ZERO. From the review I have heard it sounds promising.

Jul 18, 2020 at 10:00 PM Post #25,187 of 31,867
I'm still looking for something with detail and air.

How bad are the NiceHCK NX7? The reviews are mixed. Some say theyre too strident. Some say the timbre is unnatural. But they all say detail and top end are good. And I've seen recent posts in various threads here with people praising their NX7, I guess after the hype and hot takes have died down.

So, are they worth owning, or is there something better under $100 with detail and top end?

I have the original NX7, and while I wouldn't call them strident, they do have a bit of a recessed lower Midrange, and more emphasis in the upper Midrange & Treble. Their Bass is good, without booming Mid-Bass. There are comments here on Head-Fi, that the NX7 Pro do sound better - but they're $99, rather than $73.

The NX7 has better Bass, but for a more cohesive sound, especially through the Midrange & Treble - you might consider the Audio Sense T180 Pro or T260 Pro.
Another difference is that the NX7 uses a 0.78mm 2-Pin connector, and the Audio Sense use MMCX.

I've got the Audio Sense T180 ($35) single Knowles BA, but the current model is the T180 Pro ($41), which includes a Knowles BA filter.
The T260 Pro ($59) is a dual Knowles BA model.

I've also got the Audio Sense T100 ($45) single dynamic. It's no longer in the Audio Sense AliExpress shop, but does appear to be available here - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32851540474.html
True to their stereotypes, the T100 has better low Bass impact, and the T180 has better Treble detail.

Jul 19, 2020 at 2:53 AM Post #25,188 of 31,867
I've also got the Audio Sense T100 ($45) single dynamic. It's no longer in the Audio Sense AliExpress shop, but does appear to be available here - https://www.aliexpress.com/i/32851540474.html
True to their stereotypes, the T100 has better low Bass impact, and the T180 has better Treble detail.
Let me recommend Tingker TK200 1 DD (10mm titanium diaphragm dynamic driver) and 1 BA (U.S. knowles) from the same company but under a different name

Jul 19, 2020 at 6:12 AM Post #25,189 of 31,867
WOW, great review but I must be listening to a different earphone or there are quality control issues. I've never really bought into burn-in but these are very un-BA like. I had to tip roll quite a bit to get the perfect seal, the stock tips weren't great for bass. Bass on the set I have is strangely DD like. As most of us do when trying out a new set for reviewing I use the same songs to test different aspects. I'm a huge Queen fan so i use WATC (BASS, treble), Innuendo (micro detail), Millionaire Waltz (genre) and the Bohemian Rhapsody vocal-only operatic section.

We Are The Champions - Those first few bass notes at the start sound great, nice and round, good speed and decay and good body. A lot of BA sets have this too thin and it doesn't stick around long.

Innuendo - There is a great acoustic guitar section dead centre that has three little solos battling against each other and right after there's deep bass fairground carousel music (?). With the x49 the guitars have good body and the third guitar dead centre you can hear the little notes it plays quite clear, a lot of earphones this remains hidden and you only have the guitars left and right. Straight after you have Freddie sing, "You can be anything..." which can obstruct hearing these little carousel parts, with the x49 you hear them quite clearly in the background, the same with a little keyboard part on the right.

Millionaire Waltz - this song is typical Queen, which jumps between genres from vaudeville to hard rock, back down to ballad, with big harmonies. Again, most BA earphones struggle to play the very first left side bass notes with much body, and they sound thin and fleeting. The x49 does, that's all I'll say there lol. It also does the hard rock part with good energy and smoothness, even though it can be very aggressive and harsh with other BAs. At the and there's a lot happening with electric guitars, big bass side harmonies and centre vocal. Again they are clear with microdetails very good.

Bo Rap - well no prizes for what this tests. Soundstage soundstage soundstage. I find the x49 has great imaging and depth, all around the headspace. I also discern certain deep harmonies very well, harmonies that can be hard to hear on other earphones. i can pinpoint the three singers parts very well too.

For some others, I enjoyed the detail they bring out in the orchestra on Phantom Of The Opera, the same with the jazz parts in La La Land. A also love the mids on Forever Autumn.

Lastly, I think the x49 is excellent with drum solos and accurate cymbal splashes.

I think they're a great all-rounder. You should give them more time.

I've only bought a second set of two other earphones. The Delta Tango Six :wink: and the CCA C10, but I have another x49 coming. This may not go down well, but I've been neglecting the KB100 for them. Don't beat me.

Shows we all hear different... tho the way you described them reminds me of the way I heard them first listen, especially sub-bass?!?!?

MICROPHONICS is very bad admittedly, but £13. I use the ear hooks from Final e2000 when outside with them.

Here's the tip I use which are a bit firmer (the blue one, the other is stock). I tried wide bore but they really lose bass power and depth. SpinFits not bad, cp800 ones.

Thank you for your comment.
I don't think I have a bad unit, because I have the same feelings as with another Single BA I own, the Ourart Tini, which I have already discussed here. The X49 is a delicate IEM, I like electronic music and not precisely, at low volume. On that basis, it is more than likely that the X49 is not the most suitable IEM. It's true that with other genres and at lower volume, the X49 behaves much better. But, to be honest, if I don't use IEMS to listen to the music I like, at the volume I prefer, I only use them to listen to series, radio or movies, since I prefer IEMS that go well with all genres.
I may not be the most objective person to analyze this type of IEMS. Still, I find that for the price, form, and ergonomics, it's something that everyone should try, so I finally put that rating in.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 7:31 AM Post #25,190 of 31,867
Let me recommend Tingker TK200 1 DD (10mm titanium diaphragm dynamic driver) and 1 BA (U.S. knowles) from the same company but under a different name
I am getting a review unit of the Tingker TK200, hope it is good :grin:

Jul 19, 2020 at 7:41 AM Post #25,191 of 31,867
Do you have a link to this product? I can't find it. TIA

Jul 19, 2020 at 8:05 AM Post #25,193 of 31,867
Jul 19, 2020 at 8:32 AM Post #25,196 of 31,867
Jul 19, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #25,197 of 31,867
Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020 at 10:28 AM Post #25,198 of 31,867
Could be a T3 sound-alike!
I hope not because i dont like the T3...The driver config is the same though with 1 dd + 1 ba in both.

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:36 AM Post #25,199 of 31,867
My TFZ T2 Galaxy kicked the bucket after the fell down the stairs (yep) I'm looking for IEM recommendations, preferably a fun listening experience with good isolation since i'll be using them while commuting.

I'll be using them with my ZX300 mostly. I'm considering the following: Blon 03, Tin T2, TFZ T2 (again), KZ ZSX Terminator and KZ ZS10 PRO. Budget is 50/100 euro max.

Thanks!

Jul 19, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #25,200 of 31,867
My TFZ T2 Galaxy kicked the bucket after the fell down the stairs (yep) I'm looking for IEM recommendations, preferably a fun listening experience with good isolation since i'll be using them while commuting.

I'll be using them with my ZX300 mostly. I'm considering the following: Blon 03, Tin T2, TFZ T2 (again), KZ ZSX Terminator and KZ ZS10 PRO. Budget is 50/100 euro max.

Thanks!
I hope you didn’t fall down with them! :fearful:

If isolation is very important, I would rule out the BL03 and T2 right away. The KZ ZS10 Pro and ZSX have what I would consider average isolation. Though it has a unique tuning, the Shozy Form 1.1 is definitely fun sounding and has above-average isolation with foam ear tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back