CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 19, 2020 at 7:04 PM Post #25,201 of 31,834
My TFZ T2 Galaxy kicked the bucket after the fell down the stairs (yep) I'm looking for IEM recommendations, preferably a fun listening experience with good isolation since i'll be using them while commuting.

I'll be using them with my ZX300 mostly. I'm considering the following: Blon 03, Tin T2, TFZ T2 (again), KZ ZSX Terminator and KZ ZS10 PRO. Budget is 50/100 euro max.

Thanks!
I guess depending on how important isolation is, you could take it to its extreme and go with ER2XR...

Jul 19, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #25,202 of 31,834
My TFZ T2 Galaxy kicked the bucket after the fell down the stairs (yep) I'm looking for IEM recommendations, preferably a fun listening experience with good isolation since i'll be using them while commuting.

I'll be using them with my ZX300 mostly. I'm considering the following: Blon 03, Tin T2, TFZ T2 (again), KZ ZSX Terminator and KZ ZS10 PRO. Budget is 50/100 euro max.

Thanks!

Out of earphones you mentioned, Tin T2 doesn't provide much isolation at all. Blon 03 would be okay if you don't do intense exercise with them. I personally wouldn't take any Etymotic ER series for commute. There's way too much risk going on for deep Insertion on the go lol!

As for random suggestions. You may take a look at TFZ No.3 Black/Gold edition. Quite warm earbuds that shares characteristics of TFZ T2. Audio-Technica IM70 as well as Ibasso IT01/IT00 could also be options if only moderate bass elevation is desired.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 12:29 AM Post #25,203 of 31,834
I'm still looking for something with detail and air.

How bad are the NiceHCK NX7? The reviews are mixed. Some say theyre too strident. Some say the timbre is unnatural. But they all say detail and top end are good. And I've seen recent posts in various threads here with people praising their NX7, I guess after the hype and hot takes have died down.

So, are they worth owning, or is there something better under $100 with detail and top end?

I find the timbre of NX7 is unnatural too, and just don't know how to describe, but someone did. He described the hi-hat drum of NX7 is always at the top of his head which is not normal, and I agree. It's quite irritating.

Last edited:
Jul 20, 2020 at 1:55 PM Post #25,204 of 31,834
I hope you didn’t fall down with them! :fearful:

If isolation is very important, I would rule out the BL03 and T2 right away. The KZ ZS10 Pro and ZSX have what I would consider average isolation. Though it has a unique tuning, the Shozy Form 1.1 is definitely fun sounding and has above-average isolation with foam ear tips.

Hahaha no, no worries, I didn't fall down with them fortunately.

I guess depending on how important isolation is, you could take it to its extreme and go with ER2XR...

I don't want to go to the most extreme solution tbh, but thank you!

There are way too many IEMs fit this criteria. Out of earphones you mentioned, Tin T2 doesn't provide much isolation at all. Blon 03 would be fine if you don't do crazy exercise with them, they actually fit my ears very well with stock cables. I wouldn't take any Etymotic ER series for commute. There's way too much risk going on for deep Insertion on the go!

As for random suggestions. You may take a look at TFZ No.3 Black/Gold edition ( I might have seen them on sale for below 70 dollars recently) Quite warm earbuds that maybe a bassier version of TFZ T2. Audio-Technica IM70(That's If you can find them sub-80 in your area) as well as Ibasso IT01/IT00 could also be options if moderate bass elevation is desired.

Hi! Thanks for the recs, but I don't want anything bassier than the TFZ T2 I used to had.

Jul 20, 2020 at 2:20 PM Post #25,205 of 31,834
Hahaha no, no worries, I didn't fall down with them fortunately.

I don't want to go to the most extreme solution tbh, but thank you!

Hi! Thanks for the recs, but I don't want anything bassier than the TFZ T2 I used to had.

Don't be turned off by the whole "deep insertion" aspect of the etys. I frequently swap between the stock triple flanges and various westone tips, as well as some third party foams.

Lately, I've not required total isolation, so the westone starlines work well enough for me. You get 90% of the sound as compared to deep insertion, which is still better than 90% of the iems in the price range of the er2xr's.

Jul 20, 2020 at 6:30 PM Post #25,206 of 31,834
Thank you for your comment.
I don't think I have a bad unit, because I have the same feelings as with another Single BA I own, the Ourart Tini, which I have already discussed here. The X49 is a delicate IEM, I like electronic music and not precisely, at low volume. On that basis, it is more than likely that the X49 is not the most suitable IEM. It's true that with other genres and at lower volume, the X49 behaves much better. But, to be honest, if I don't use IEMS to listen to the music I like, at the volume I prefer, I only use them to listen to series, radio or movies, since I prefer IEMS that go well with all genres.
I may not be the most objective person to analyze this type of IEMS. Still, I find that for the price, form, and ergonomics, it's something that everyone should try, so I finally put that rating in.

To be fair, I've pretty small ears with small ear canals. I have had great success with this model and shape. I've said before how much I enjoy the Final e2000/3000/4000, Moondrop Crescent, kz ED9, VE Bie and I'm sure there are others but I'm quite tired lol. At some point, if they're cheap during sales I'll maybe buy the Moondrop Aria.

I'll be curious if anyone gets the x49 how they compare sonically with their older sibling the NICEHCK DT100?

Jul 21, 2020 at 3:45 AM Post #25,207 of 31,834
In the news today Andy Haldane of the Bank of England was quoted as saying that "Britain is in a V-shaped recovery" . I hope there won't be any recession in the mids!

Jul 21, 2020 at 5:58 AM Post #25,208 of 31,834
There'll be a boom in the south, recession in the Midlands and it will be brighter up north! It won't be Huawei we need to worry about, it will be KZ!

Jul 21, 2020 at 3:39 PM Post #25,211 of 31,834

Thanks!
Buy another TFZ T2

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:36 PM Post #25,213 of 31,834
I'm still looking for something with detail and air.

How bad are the NiceHCK NX7? The reviews are mixed. Some say theyre too strident. Some say the timbre is unnatural. But they all say detail and top end are good. And I've seen recent posts in various threads here with people praising their NX7, I guess after the hype and hot takes have died down.

So, are they worth owning, or is there something better under $100 with detail and top end?

HISENIOR T2=Detail and Air.

Jul 21, 2020 at 7:40 PM Post #25,214 of 31,834
So, I just got the FIIO FD1 and IBASSO IT00 and, both are quite good but I wonder if anybody else here heard one of those and can share there thoughs?

I need to listen more to IT00 (temporality have limits) but it have a laid back W shape sound, with beautiful wide (female) vocal presence...

FD1 begin to grow on me, its fast transient response is very unique, sound is dense but fast, bass is thigh and thumpy style, mids are fowards with extra upper mids and a kinda treble that favorise texture to micro-details. Musicality is nuanced with great (but compact) layering.

Jul 21, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #25,215 of 31,834
FD1 begin to grow on me, its fast transient response is very unique, sound is dense but fast, bass is thigh and thumpy style, mids are fowards with extra upper mids and a kinda treble that favorise texture to micro-details. Musicality is nuanced with great (but compact) layering.
I agree with this assessment. IMHO, it’s main relative weaknesses are decent but not great detail retrieval, and while it has clear and crisp treble that isn’t lacking, it doesn’t have really extended upper treble response. I personally would prefer more sub bass relative to the mid bass. It has such a natural and clear sound overall though, with lots of texture.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back