CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Jul 23, 2020 at 11:11 AM Post #25,231 of 31,833
I have been doing a 4 way comparison featuring
1. KBEAR Diamond
2. Tin T4
3. KZ BA10
4. CCA CA16
I have to say that the CA16 acquitted itself very well. Its sound falls somewhere between the Diamond and the T4. The BA10 is a touch more forward and fast and has a wonderful immediacy. The T4 has the best soundstage, and a very extended treble. The Diamond is warmer and more V shaped with a nice timbre. The CA16 seems to have a little bit of all the rest and is going up in my estimation. It does need a bit more power than the others, though. I am very pleased with it.

I have been considering the BA10, since there seems to be some seriously die hard fans of it.

I was very underwhelmed by the original C16 (not CA16). The C16 low end is way too anemic for my tastes. And that is what everyone seems to swear is so good about the BA10. I do love me some nice fat bass :)

Last edited:
Jul 23, 2020 at 2:04 PM Post #25,232 of 31,833
I have been considering the BA10, since there seems to be some seriously die hard fans of it.

I was very underwhelmed by the original C16 (not CA16). The C16 low end is way too anemic for my tastes. And that is what everyone seems to swear is so good about the BA10. I do love me some nice fat bass :)
Yes, the bass on the BA10 is much better than on the C16. The mids are well done too with the two mid drivers and the treble is clean and extended but not harsh. They did a good job with the 30095s on this one. I really like the speed and timbre on the BA10 and it's built like a tank! If the square shape isn't a problem then you're in for a treat. Definitely one of my top 5 IEMs. I'm using a Faaeal Hibiscus cable and medium Starlines.

Jul 23, 2020 at 8:12 PM Post #25,233 of 31,833
sketch-1595549091953.png

This is the beginning of KZ golden age lol! Would I pull it off?

Jul 23, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #25,235 of 31,833
Wonder why not calling it ZSN X. Were they afraid of it being mistaken for the ZSX?

I assume because, visually, it is based off of the ZSN Pro and not the ZSN.

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:00 PM Post #25,236 of 31,833
Honestly, the BL-03's lack of detail is one of its strong suits for me. It's kind of the M40x of IEMs. Wonderful tonality but smoothed over detailing?
Why is this a plus you ask? Because as a musician involved with his local scene, I have a lot of music I enjoy that is recorded, well... let's just say less than optimally. All my other gear rips them apart without mercy but BL-03 (and M40X) are the perfect tools for such tracks.
I agree with you. That's why I really like Bl-03! When I listen to IEMs which are considered as detailed (or technical), I can't listen to it for long period of time. Mostly, I catch myself what an instrument sounds like, where it's located, it's interaction with other frequencies etc. It's nice sometimes especially when you hear new details which were there before but I could never hear. However, I mostly wanna put my headphones and just enjoy my walk. Blon does this well. Doesn't distract me much... Sometimes I get curious and I pay attention to an instrument and it tells me that it's located here. I also hear details, not that Crystal clear but I'm fine with it.

Recently, I ordered a nice pure copper and silver cable.I was thinking copper cable could be a good match but NiceCHK's 4n silver cable arrived first (and it's getting quite good feedbacks for its price in another topic link : https://a.aliexpress.com/_BT9bZz
) so I'm listening to Blon with it. It revealed its potential more imho. As I expected the bass impact got lessen with silver cable.
I always feel like Bl-03 locates the sound outside of my head. The soundstage is not that big (comparing to its price, absolutely great ofc!) but it got wider now with this silver cable so, it's more airy. The technicality is improved a bit also.

I'd really like Blon to produce a newer version of this IEM without touching anything but the short nozzle. It would be a good deal with the right tips. I'll share my thoughts with the copper cable after I receive.

In addition : Would you say Moondrop Kxxs is like an upgraded version of Blon Bl-03? Or maybe any other alternatives?

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2020 at 12:07 PM Post #25,237 of 31,833
I agree with you. That's why I really like Bl-03! When I listen to IEMs which are considered as detailed (or technical), I can't listen to it for long period of time. Mostly, I catch myself what an instrument sounds like, where it's located, it's interaction with other frequencies etc. It's nice sometimes especially when you hear new details which were there before but I could never hear. However, I mostly wanna put my headphones and just enjoy my walk. Blon does this well. Doesn't distract me much... Sometimes I get curious and I pay attention to an instrument and it tells me that it's located here. I also hear details, not that Crystal clear but I'm fine with it.

Recently, I ordered a nice pure copper and silver cable.I was thinking copper cable could be a good match but NiceCHK's 4n silver cable arrived first (and it's getting quite good feedbacks for its price in another topic link : https://a.aliexpress.com/_BT9bZz
) so I'm listening to Blon with it. It revealed its potential more imho. As I expected the bass impact got lessen with silver cable.
I always feel like Bl-03 locates the sound outside of my head. The soundstage is not that big (comparing to its price, absolutely great ofc!) but it got wider now with silver cable so it's more airy. The technicality is improved a bit also.

I'd really like Blon to produce a newer version of this IEM without touching anything but short nozzle. It would be a good deal with the right tips definitely. I'll share my thought with the copper cable after I receive.

edit : would you guys say Moondrop Kxxs would be like an upgraded version of Blon?

Me too. I got that pure silver litz NiceHCK cable a while back. Now it's sitting on my Blon 03 and that boomy bass has settled and now sounds great. Silver and Blon 03 are a good match.

Jul 24, 2020 at 12:31 PM Post #25,238 of 31,833
Me too. I got that pure silver litz NiceHCK cable a while back. Now it's sitting on my Blon 03 and that boomy bass has settled and now sounds great. Silver and Blon 03 are a good match.
I use my BL03 with a TRN T3 silver cable.

Jul 24, 2020 at 1:50 PM Post #25,241 of 31,833
Jul 24, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #25,243 of 31,833

I always feel like Bl-03 locates the sound outside of my head. The soundstage is not that big (comparing to its price, absolutely great ofc!) but it got wider now with this silver cable so, it's more airy. The technicality is improved a bit also.

I'd really like Blon to produce a newer version of this IEM without touching anything but the short nozzle. It would be a good deal with the right tips. I'll share my thoughts with the copper cable after I receive.

In addition : Would you say Moondrop Kxxs is like an upgraded version of Blon Bl-03? Or maybe any other alternatives?

I never regret a single moment to take Bl-03 as my 3 iems for lockdown at home. IMO it's beauty lies in doing the basic job of an earphone skillfully i.e. to play music in an enjoyable manner. It almost instantly makes your head bobble/foot tap. I've seen others complain about fit and comfort which is somewhat true but I used KBEar copper cable worth $3 and it does the job for me. Biggest plus is that they can be worn cable down.

As an upgrade, I found VS7 little bit similar to Blon's in terms of joy factor. They're buttery smooth like BL03

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:21 PM Post #25,244 of 31,833
I never regret a single moment to take Bl-03 as my 3 iems for lockdown at home. IMO it's beauty lies in doing the basic job of an earphone skillfully i.e. to play music in an enjoyable manner. It almost instantly makes your head bobble/foot tap. I've seen others complain about fit and comfort which is somewhat true but I used KBEar copper cable worth $3 and it does the job for me. Biggest plus is that they can be worn cable down.

As an upgrade, I found VS7 little bit similar to Blon's in terms of joy factor. They're buttery smooth like BL03
Yep. Some IEMs are technically amazing and great for listening to sound, others just let you enjoy the music. Ideally you can have one that does both, but nothing is perfect.

Jul 24, 2020 at 4:33 PM Post #25,245 of 31,833

In addition to your comment. What I also like about Bl-03 is that if sth happens I can easily afford and buy a new one 😁. Actually, this remind me buying an additional pairs to keep them for the future.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back