CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 25, 2019 at 11:55 PM Post #21,166 of 31,833
thanks for the post !

a better bass has been mentioned than the Xiaomi HD (Hybrid Pro HD ?) in the aliexpress reviews/comments

how is the upper end of the Nex202 ?

Are they in any shape or form stressful, taxing for longer listening?

while the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD are nice sparkly, bright and detailed they are way too stressful and exhausting for longer listening (at least for me)

Hmm, difficult to tell you what's taxing or not for you personally? In terms of the XHP I think I have the older version which from what I've read are quite different. the 202 is brighter than I'd normally like to listen to, but it falls short of what I hear as taxing or stressful. If i knew what else you have or like then i could maybe make a more informed suggestion.

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:15 AM Post #21,167 of 31,833
I wonder when I'll receive my 11.11 items that I bought. Haven't delivered to me until now...

Edit: I literally just rant and now I got the update of the shipment. Both item have arrived at my customs although shipped at different time. Hope it going to be delivered together later. I'll get them around friday or next monday at max.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 1:21 AM Post #21,169 of 31,833
Btw, anyone know any good dual knowles ba IEM around?

Any reason for it being 2 knowles BA? IMHO the tuning is more important than driver count or driver brand. Some TOTL stuff use Bellsings even.

But if u really want a dual BA knowles, u can check out the Audiosense T260. I haven't used it personally, but reviews look good.

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:40 AM Post #21,170 of 31,833
Btw, anyone know any good dual knowles ba IEM around?

if you can still find them, the old Phonak PFE sound great, there are a couple models that they have, with different driver configurations. i don't have any experience with the newer sub 100 usd iems though. my only 2 BA keeper in my collection is the EM2

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:09 AM Post #21,171 of 31,833
Any reason for it being 2 knowles BA? IMHO the tuning is more important than driver count or driver brand. Some TOTL stuff use Bellsings even.

But if u really want a dual BA knowles, u can check out the Audiosense T260. I haven't used it personally, but reviews look good.
Ofc I want a good tunned BA IEM :beyersmile:

But for the T260, wasn't it V shaped? T300 also have some good reviews even though it's not much

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:10 AM Post #21,172 of 31,833
if you can still find them, the old Phonak PFE sound great, there are a couple models that they have, with different driver configurations. i don't have any experience with the newer sub 100 usd iems though. my only 2 BA keeper in my collection is the EM2
That'll be cool. May check them out when I can find them :L3000:

Nov 26, 2019 at 2:35 AM Post #21,173 of 31,833
Ofc I want a good tunned BA IEM :beyersmile:

But for the T260, wasn't it V shaped? T300 also have some good reviews even though it's not much

Not sure about T260 and T300 as the only Audiosense I own is T800. But it doesn't mean knowles = good tuning. Knowles drivers generally sound smoother to me than Bellsings (just a personal opinion), but as I said, some TOTL sets use Bellsings, eg Campfire Audio Solaris, and the users think the sound is great. Some CHIFI use Knowles drivers too but tuning isn't the best, there's still reports of harshness in reviews.

FWIW, one pure multi BA (5 knowles) I use frequently is the Hisenior B5+. It is very midcentric and good for vocals and acoustic genres/jazz. This kind of tuning is rarely seen in the CHIFI market. It does have roll off in subbass and upper treble. But very smooth and non fatiguing. I think u are a basshead right? It takes well to EQ so I usually boost my bass for the Hisenior 5+ and am very happy. I think during sales it is about $80 USD. One of my keeper sets.

Nov 26, 2019 at 5:33 AM Post #21,175 of 31,833
Does anyone have a good URL for some KZ Starline tips, for delivery to the UK? Some months ago I ordered one of the very cheap packs of them on ebay but they never turned up (vendor refunded me). At the same time, I ordered a little pack of a pair each of S/M/L from another source, which did turn up, but unfortunately my cat has now eaten one of them! Yes, weird, I know. It's the large ones I'm after.

Last edited:
Nov 26, 2019 at 5:43 AM Post #21,176 of 31,833
Not sure about T260 and T300 as the only Audiosense I own is T800. But it doesn't mean knowles = good tuning. Knowles drivers generally sound smoother to me than Bellsings (just a personal opinion), but as I said, some TOTL sets use Bellsings, eg Campfire Audio Solaris, and the users think the sound is great. Some CHIFI use Knowles drivers too but tuning isn't the best, there's still reports of harshness in reviews.

FWIW, one pure multi BA (5 knowles) I use frequently is the Hisenior B5+. It is very midcentric and good for vocals and acoustic genres/jazz. This kind of tuning is rarely seen in the CHIFI market. It does have roll off in subbass and upper treble. But very smooth and non fatiguing. I think u are a basshead right? It takes well to EQ so I usually boost my bass for the Hisenior 5+ and am very happy. I think during sales it is about $80 USD. One of my keeper sets.
My current possession, the single BA, AV1s also been very good. It's a mid centric, non fatiguing single BA IEM with good enough bass quantity and I love them. But just that only when playing some complicated song, the separation might get a bit fuzzy sometimes.

Nov 26, 2019 at 10:52 AM Post #21,178 of 31,833
Does anyone have a good URL for some KZ Starline tips, for delivery to the UK? Some months ago I ordered one of the very cheap packs of them on ebay but they never turned up (vendor refunded me). At the same time, I ordered a little pack of a pair each of S/M/L from another source, which did turn up, but unfortunately my cat has now eaten one of them! Yes, weird, I know. It's the large ones I'm after.

It’s too bad you’re not in the US. I have a bagful of L Starlines. Shipping to the UK wouldn’t make it worth it though.

Could you re-order them from the cheap eBay seller? Maybe they’ll arrive the 2nd time. I ordered many times from him, and never had a single problem.

Nov 26, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #21,179 of 31,833
Could you re-order them from the cheap eBay seller? Maybe they’ll arrive the 2nd time. I ordered many times from him, and never had a single problem.

If there's just the one, then yes, I certainly could. As I mentioned, he refunded my payment without question, so I think it's just a case of being lost in the post. The listing has since disappeared, though, unfortunately. Maybe these are no longer available?

Nov 26, 2019 at 1:52 PM Post #21,180 of 31,833

You could wait for the cat to return it to you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back