CHIFI LOVE Thread-A never ending IEM-Heaphones-DAP-Dongles Sound Value Quest
Nov 24, 2019 at 8:15 AM Post #21,136 of 31,833
V90 or BA5 of course :)

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:42 AM Post #21,137 of 31,833
If you're referring to cable microphonics then both are fine. If you're referring to natural harmonics then the 03 does have a tendency for you to kinda not so much hear the harmonics as know they're there. The CCA sounds like every other IEM in that respect, the harmonic effect is one I've only had with the 03.

However. Bass. The CCA has good, fast, punchy deep bass that goes fairly low. The Blon isn't so clear cut. Mid bass can be a bit bloaty and very inconsistent with the wrong tips. Using the intro to "There She Goes" by Babyshambles, the standup bass is all over the place. I've used MH755 tips and got the bass sounding lovely but until you get the right tips you're in a whole world of pain.

Other points to note is that the CCA will plug into a phone and sound fine. Try that with the Blon and you get loose wobbly bass. It needs power to really grip the driver. Considering the CCA is way more detailed than the Blon, it's also surprising how much the Blon shows up poor sources or recordings.

Back in favour of the Blon though is that timbre. Instruments sound better with my Blon than any of my other headphones (IEM or otherwise).

Tl;Dr - want a plug and play that sounds good with anything? CCA. Prepared to invest a bit of time and effort and have good kit? Blon every time.

I like "wobbly bass" on the blon for stringy bass :) But added seperation and clarity of the C12 is great for philip grass, michel jarre, orchestral type tracks. Sound stage does seem deeper on the blon.
I will probably get another blon as it has something that is special and more of a rarity on the market at this price. C12 will probably go against another multidriver that will have it beat in a few months.

Also received an LG V30 with my goodies. Have yet to get aux mode to get enabled to try to get more power in the blons. A bit lost with android so far :D (coming from lumia windows)

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:55 AM Post #21,138 of 31,833
I like "wobbly bass" on the blon for stringy bass :) But added seperation and clarity of the C12 is great for philip grass, michel jarre, orchestral type tracks. Sound stage does seem deeper on the blon.
I will probably get another blon as it has something that is special and more of a rarity on the market at this price. C12 will probably go against another multidriver that will have it beat in a few months.

Also received an LG V30 with my goodies. Have yet to get aux mode to get enabled to try to get more power in the blons. A bit lost with android so far :D (coming from lumia windows)

Well there's a BLON version 2 coming out by year end, tuned by Otto to have longer nozzles (better fit) and less midbass. Or u can consider the BLON Cardinal/Bluejay, the BL-03's older brother which has similar tuning to the BLON version 1 but has better fit/isolation/soundstage and slight improvements in technicalities.

IMHO these are worth trying out, but of course getting a 2nd identical BLON version 1 is also a worthy option.

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:00 AM Post #21,139 of 31,833
Well there's a BLON version 2 coming out by year end, tuned by Otto to have longer nozzles (better fit) and less midbass. Or u can consider the BLON Cardinal/Bluejay, the BL-03's older brother which has similar tuning to the BLON version 1 but has better fit/isolation/soundstage and slight improvements in technicalities.

IMHO these are worth trying out, but of course getting a 2nd identical BLON version 1 is also a worthy option.

FIY, anyone who wants longer nozzles for a better fit (but not retuning the sound like the MKII), I came up with a nozzle mod for the original Blon BL-03 that only costs $0.13.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/blon-in-ear-monitors-impressions-thread.916702/page-89#post-15322543

277E2ABC-CC80-4E1E-AB5D-FD675DACC950.jpeg

Nov 24, 2019 at 2:23 PM Post #21,140 of 31,833
I do comparisons ''reviews'' video of AUDIOSENSE T180-T260-T300.

I think it can at least give you some idea what to expect from them and how different they are.

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:02 PM Post #21,141 of 31,833
Revonext nex202

After my terrible experience with the new flagship Revonext nex602 which if any of you remember even the company reps admitted to it's rushed to market poor sound quality I had never the less enjoyed their earlier models (of which some i can't mention i think?). Anyway, i took a punt on the nex202 on the 11.11 sales at £25 as they're $50 or £55 in UK. They're still currently at the £25 mark for the Black Friday sales (lol). Very glad i did, these kick lumps out of their big brother. They have a lovely balanced sound, brighter than what i'd normally prefer but it's not harsh and it gives it a high level of detail, especially at the micro level. Not analytical though, perhaps neutral, defo very clear and uncongested. Bass especially mid bass has a satisfying thump and sub bass can have a good rumble. It's VERY airy signature and this goes for bass too, very quick when it needs to be. I really enjoy the soundstage, it's got good depth and it's airy nature gives it good instrument placements in all directions. Upper mids are crisp and like i say are bright but it's still got an overall warmth that prevents it getting fatiguing. On a technical level it betters sets like the KZ ZS10 Pro. Up agisnt the BQEYZ BQ3 they share some similarities but the nex202 is that bit brighter and detailed.

Build wise - extremely light but like their earlier models very well made. It has a titanium shell which i can't see breaking. i absolutely love the cable they come with and

Anyone who enjoys their early models or who wants a good all-rounder that is quite revealing without becoming thin or strident may enjoy these. At the sale price you're getting a very good deal IMO.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_52

202.jpg

Attachments

• 202b.jpg
    202b.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 24, 2019 at 8:37 PM Post #21,142 of 31,833
Revonext nex202

After my terrible experience with the new flagship Revonext nex602 which if any of you remember even the company reps admitted to it's rushed to market poor sound quality I had never the less enjoyed their earlier models (of which some i can't mention i think?). Anyway, i took a punt on the nex202 on the 11.11 sales at £25 as they're $50 or £55 in UK. They're still currently at the £25 mark for the Black Friday sales (lol). Very glad i did, these kick lumps out of their big brother. They have a lovely balanced sound, brighter than what i'd normally prefer but it's not harsh and it gives it a high level of detail, especially at the micro level. Not analytical though, perhaps neutral, defo very clear and uncongested. Bass especially mid bass has a satisfying thump and sub bass can have a good rumble. It's VERY airy signature and this goes for bass too, very quick when it needs to be. I really enjoy the soundstage, it's got good depth and it's airy nature gives it good instrument placements in all directions. Upper mids are crisp and like i say are bright but it's still got an overall warmth that prevents it getting fatiguing. On a technical level it betters sets like the KZ ZS10 Pro. Up agisnt the BQEYZ BQ3 they share some similarities but the nex202 is that bit brighter and detailed.

Build wise - extremely light but like their earlier models very well made. It has a titanium shell which i can't see breaking. i absolutely love the cable they come with and

Anyone who enjoys their early models or who wants a good all-rounder that is quite revealing without becoming thin or strident may enjoy these. At the sale price you're getting a very good deal IMO.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...chweb0_0,searchweb201602_8,searchweb201603_52

It was a risk but I picked up a set and they really aren't bad
goes well visually with the Acmee MF-01 while sounding pretty good

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #21,143 of 31,833
Do you guys agree with this? Someone told me that smaller sized IEMs (a smaller housing) that don't have multiple drivers drivers are better at noise isolation than larger sized IEMs like a KZ ES4 or something.

I will say that the best IEMs I've had so far at isolating have been the smaller MEMT XS5 before I lost them on the bus though this might have more to do with the fact that they worked well with double-flanged tips. My guess is that the metal shell probably has more to do with this.

Nov 24, 2019 at 8:57 PM Post #21,144 of 31,833
Do you guys agree with this? Someone told me that smaller sized IEMs (a smaller housing) that don't have multiple drivers drivers are better at noise isolation than larger sized IEMs like a KZ ES4 or something.

I will say that the best IEMs I've had so far at isolating have been the smaller MEMT XS5 before I lost them on the bus though this might have more to do with the fact that they worked well with double-flanged tips. My guess is that the metal shell probably has more to do with this.
the best isolating ones are those with semi custom design that are filled with resin and are flush in your ears with longer nozzles for a deep fit, Audiosense T800 have around 30db noise isolation, that is a lot

Nov 24, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #21,145 of 31,833

In general, I find the BAs with smaller shells or those that have semi custom resin design as @FastAndClean said have better isolation. I'm quite picky about isolation in IEMs as I travel a lot on the subway and also use them for stage monitoring and I found the Audiosense T800 has the best isolation of the lot, even though its shell is quite huge to fit 8 BA drivers. As FastAndClean said, the Audiosense T800 has around 30 dB isolation, excellent for an IEM.

In general, BA sets tend to have a smaller sized IEM housing than DD IEMs, and most DDs also tend to be vented, so I think both of these contribute to better noise isolation in BA sets in general.
Surprisingly, the Audiosense T800 has a vent at the subwoofer area, but the isolation is still top notch, so that's more to do with its good resin shell.

Eartips also play a role in isolation, I find deeper fitting eartips like spinfits or double/triple flanged ones have better isolation for silicone tips, and foam tips in general do tend to have better isolation than silicone ones of equivalent bore/length. YMMV as we all have different ear anatomies.

Nov 25, 2019 at 1:43 AM Post #21,146 of 31,833
Nov 25, 2019 at 8:09 AM Post #21,147 of 31,833

make sure to join the Telegram group: https://t.me/LGEV30

that's where the real magic happens for the LG V30 !

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:13 AM Post #21,148 of 31,833
How much is 30db to be exact? Because I also have an universal custom in ear which seals pretty great too with suitable tips but i just don't know how much

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:14 AM Post #21,149 of 31,833
Revonext nex202

thanks for the post !

a better bass has been mentioned than the Xiaomi HD (Hybrid Pro HD ?) in the aliexpress reviews/comments

how is the upper end of the Nex202 ?

Are they in any shape or form stressful, taxing for longer listening ?

while the Xiaomi Hybrid Pro HD are nice sparkly, bright and detailed they are way too stressful and exhausting for longer listening (at least for me)

Nov 25, 2019 at 8:22 AM Post #21,150 of 31,833
How much is 30db to be exact? Because I also have an universal custom in ear which seals pretty great too with suitable tips but i just don't know how much

Know your noise - decibel chart.jpg

How much is 30 dB to be exact when u are using an IEM? Unless u have some measuring rigs, hard to quantify. But for 30 dB, giving a ballpark figure, is when someone whispers to u. Like for the T800 which is rated at 30 dB isolation, I truly cannot hear other people whispering to me when I have it on (with no music playing). With music on, I can't hear anyone unless they raise their voice next to me.

30 dB isolation is a lot for an IEM. Not only does it ensure u play your music softer, but u can get more details at a lower volume.

As per the above chart, just deducting 30 dB from something like a 130 dB rock band (if u do stage monitoring) will save your hearing in the long term (somewhat haha). The recommended guidelines are not to exceed 85 dB for 8 hours, so deducting 30 dB from heavy traffic ( which is ~80 dB) is also very useful if u are using such IEMs as a transit isolating IEM.

I tried using some open backed/vented IEMs like the **** for transit and cause of the poor isolation, one tends to jack up the volume to compensate, and it's not good for longterm usage IMHO.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back