Blon in ear monitors impressions thread
Nov 22, 2019 at 1:50 PM Post #1,321 of 6,129
I am now 30 minutes into them.

I have no problems whit the fit and cable and tils are fitting me i swapped to my tripowin 4.4 balanced cable

At first i was listening to it from my phone directly everthing stock it sounded thin nothing special

Then i swapped over to balanced and my fiio q5s whit am3d. It was like a 300% upgrade.

They sound like a mini kxxs evey thing much worse beside stage and bass. But man these need power.

Is this a giant killer? No way i would take my kxxs over these. Over my t800 never ever. (Besides i want to sleep and lay in my ear. I dont need to compare them against this 2

These can compete whit my t2. The blon has better and thighter bass. The mids are not that good on the blon compared to the t2 mids are the biggest strenght of the t2 highs are more detailed on the t2 it is also brighter then the blon. The blon has the bigger stage but t2 is more holographic. Resolution better on the t2

Do i rec them ? Absolutly yes this these are very entertaining tuning is good. These punch over thier price and can compete against the 50-100 dollar range but not more.

I also rec them to people whit higher end gear these are absolutely good iems for sleeping on the ear whitout pain and the smooth tuning offerst to that

These are first impression im now 45 minutes in. When there is after burning or after brain adapt a holy enlightment i will definitely tell it

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:04 PM Post #1,322 of 6,129
I heard somthing about different pouch different batch is this the good one
This is the same as the one I just got. Just FYI.

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #1,323 of 6,129
This is the same as the one I just got. Just FYI.
i like that pouch its really smooth i will use it for the blon. but maybe the blons go to my girlfriend if she likes them. the are now in my proffesional burn in labor. (plugged to my old phone in my clothe closed burried under the winter pullovers)

Nov 22, 2019 at 2:37 PM Post #1,324 of 6,129
i like that pouch its really smooth i will use it for the blon. but maybe the blons go to my girlfriend if she likes them. the are now in my proffesional burn in labor. (plugged to my old phone in my clothe closed burried under the winter pullovers)
I just stuck mine in the same box as my A4s. The pouch is being protected so I can gift them once I get the Cardinals.

Lol.

But the pouch is nice feeling!

Nov 22, 2019 at 5:33 PM Post #1,326 of 6,129
20191122_233639.jpg
So i was tip rolling whit my girlfriend we liked anjirui foam tips the most we both where sure about that

http://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/Mc1mfcGu

Now i have the blon bl3 no more. But she is happy

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 7:00 PM Post #1,328 of 6,129
I came up with a longer nozzle mod for the Blon BL-03. The total cost was $0.13. Yes, you read that right - a measly $0.13.

I've actually done this to other IEMs in the past; I just never shared it. But there are enough people that want longer nozzles on the Blon BL-03 that I thought I'd share the mod.

1. I bought some silicone drinking straws. The cost was $3.99 for the pack of 4 straws.
1.JPG

Inside the silicone tube is a seamless, very thin-walled stainless steel tube (that is 128mm long).
10.jpg

2. As you can see, the fit is almost perfect for the stock nozzle.
2.jpg
3.jpg

3. Now I had to determine the nozzle length I wanted. The stock nozzle is 5.5mm. I decided to add 3mm, for a total of 8.5mm. So I cut the tubing into 8.5mm pieces.
4.jpg

At 8.5mm length, that means I could in theory cut 30 pairs of nozzle tubes from the whole pack of straws. $3.99/30=$0.13 per pair.

4. I mentioned that the tubing was ALMOST a perfect fit. It was just a little too small for the Blon nozzles (like a few tenths of a mm). But that is a good thing. I ultimately want a tight (press-on/friction) fit to the stock Blon nozzles.

So I had 2 choices: to sand the OD of the Blon nozzles a little smaller, or sand the ID of the tubing a little bigger. Since I didn't want to sand down the stock nozzles or modify them in any way, I decided to instead sand the inside of the tubing. This way, only the tubing is being modified and not the Blon, and the mod itself will be 100% reversible.

I used a diamond sanding bit on my Dremel, and sanded the inside of the tubing pieces until they fit tightly onto the Blon nozzles:
5.jpg

5. Next I applied a very thin coating of rubber cement on the nozzles, and then pressed the new nozzles on. Rubber cement will provide an extra layer of grip to the already tight friction fit nozzle tubes. In addition, the rubber cement will create an airtight seal. Most importantly, it is totally removable down the road, because the rubber cement will cleanly peel off of metal.

6. This step is optional. The new nozzles are 6.0mm OD (the stock Blon nozzles are 5.4mm, so the difference is negligible). Because it’s 6.0mm, most tips fit the new nozzles VERY tightly. I have had no problems with the tips coming off, being loose, staying behind in my ears when I remove the earphone, etc. However, just for extra measure I made a nozzle lip out of a thin slice of heat shrink tubing.
8.jpg

7. Now the only thing left was to install an eartip, and viola.
6.jpg
9.jpg

The nozzles look REALLY long, but trust me they are not as long as they seem in the photos. It's more of an optical illusion. Again, they are only 3mm longer than stock. You can see the real change here:4.jpg
7.jpg

Of course, you can make the nozzles any length you want depending on your individual ear anatomy. I think 2.0mm-3.0mm longer would be perfect to solve fit issues for 99% of people. In other words, a tube piece that’s 7.5mm, 8.0mm, or a max of 8.5mm. That’s just my opinion though.

Also, before anyone asks, no I did not notice any sound changes with the new nozzles at all. The reason is that I was already using tips with a really long core, PLUS keyboard o-rings as spacers. When I measured the original setup, it was already sticking out 3.0mm beyond the end of the stock nozzle. So that is why there was no sound change. The advantage I now have with the longer nozzle is that I can use SHORTER tips (like Whirlwinds or whatever) and it will fit my ears the same as it did the long tips+spacers. The I overall effective length is the same.

I could not use any ‘short’ tips before. Now I can literally use just about any tip I want.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 7:07 PM Post #1,329 of 6,129
Blon stock cables fit fine in my case, and I used some tips similar to KZ whirlwinds/turbos in shape (but on the softer side). Perfect seal, although bass is really strong if the vent is blocked by a tight seal.
I will be wearing these cable down as soon as I get my cables. A quick test does indeed indicate that it will be just as comfy as over ear. Huge plus
I can't go into A/B yet, but I am going to buy at least another pair because they're indeed special in terms of tonality (piano,strings, brass) and have a nice soundstage, and the MK2 noise makes me worried :D

Nov 22, 2019 at 7:56 PM Post #1,330 of 6,129
It's funny, compared to the LZ A4s, which are my OTG fun IEMs, the Blon is much brighter. Much. The bass on the A4 is more physical though. Like it has serious weight. The 03s are very warm in many ways though. That low mid thing is really nice. Until sometimes it's not. But that's why I use USBAPP. A few nudges with the EQ and the Blons sound great again.

The cable... Well... I can wear it and it's not uncomforable... But it does kinda pull out the right iem. Took me a while to cop that that was what was happening. I can push it back in and it's fine... For a while.

If the Cardinals have this signature but fit even 10% better they may be the best cheap IEM I've ever owned.

I also had to sit next to a guitar amp all last week for work. And a drum kit. And a cello. And across from the world's loudest saxophonist. Jesus.

Anyway. My ears are still recovering. In a few days I may like these even more.

For the price though they're a total no brainer and should be owned by many many thousands of people who want a cheap upgrade to their crappy earbuds.

Unfortunately, I think most laymen consumers who don't know how to tiproll +/- have spare cables on hand will not give the BL-03 a second look after they try them OOTB with stock tips. I do recommend the BL-03 to my friends, but only to the more experienced folks who know what tiprolling is.

No. The Black pouch ones I've got, are the best...really there's no difference between them by all accounts.

I heard the newer pouch type BL-03s come with a different set of tips (grey?). The newer tips are supposedly quite spinfit like with a slightly longer nozzle. I got the first batch of BL-03s with the lame sack cloth pouch and even lamer eartips, so I can't verify this. Maybe the others who got the newer pouch accessories can feedback?

I came up with a longer nozzle mod for the Blon BL-03. The total cost was $0.13. Yes, you read that right - a measly $0.13.

I've actually done this to other IEMs in the past; I just never shared it. But there are enough people that want longer nozzles on the Blon BL-03 that I thought I'd share the mod.

1. I bought some silicone drinking straws. The cost was $3.99 for the pack of 4 straws.

Inside the silicone tube is a seamless, very thin-walled stainless steel tube (that is 128mm long).

3. Now I had to determine the nozzle length I wanted. The stock nozzle is 5.5mm. I decided to add 3mm, for a total of 8.5mm. So I cut the tubing into 8.5mm pieces.

At 8.5mm length, that means I could in theory cut 30 pairs of nozzle tubes from the whole pack of straws. $3.99/30=$0.13 per pair.

4. I mentioned that the tubing was ALMOST a perfect fit. It was just a little too small for the Blon nozzles (like a few tenths of a mm). I wanted a tight (press-on/friction) fit to the stock Blon nozzles. I didn't want to sand down the stock nozzles at all, so I decided to sand the inside of the tubing just a tiny bit larger. This way, only the tubing is being modified, and the mod is 100% reversible. I used a diamond sanding bit on my Dremel, and sanded the inside of the tubing pieces until they fit tightly.

5. Next I applied a very thin coating of rubber cement on the nozzles, and then pressed the new nozzles on. Rubber cement will create a seal and extra strength to holding the nozzles on, but it is totally removable if I choose to do so.

6. This step is optional. The new nozzles are 6.0mm OD (the stock Blon nozzles are 5.4mm). So most tips fit the new nozzles VERY tightly. I have had no problem with the tips coming off. But just in case, I made a nozzle lip out of a thin slice of heat shrink tubing.

7. Install whatever tip you prefer, and viola.

The nozzles look REALLY long, but trust me they are not as long as they seem in the photos. It's more of an optical illusion. Again, they are only 3mm longer than stock. You can see the real change here:
'

Of course, you can make the nozzles any length you want depending on your individual ear anatomy. I think 2.0mm or 3.0mm longer would be perfect to solve fit issues for 99% of people.

Also, before anyone asks, no I did not notice any sound changes with the new nozzles at all. The reason is that I was already using tips with a really long core, PLUS keyboard o-rings as spacers. When I measured the original setup, it was already sticking out 3.0mm beyond the end of the stock nozzle. So that is why there was no sound change. The advantage I have now with the longer nozzle, is that I can use SHORTER tips (like Whirlwinds or whatever) and it will fit the same as the long tips+spacers. I could not do that before.

@Slater if u sold this on Black Friday as a BLON Pro or MK2 or whatever u name it, people will snap it up like hotcakes!

Nov 22, 2019 at 8:04 PM Post #1,331 of 6,129

4. I mentioned that the tubing was ALMOST a perfect fit. It was just a little too small for the Blon nozzles (like a few tenths of a mm). I wanted a tight (press-on/friction) fit to the stock Blon nozzles. I didn't want to sand down the stock nozzles at all, so I decided to sand the inside of the tubing just a tiny bit larger. This way, only the tubing is being modified, and the mod is 100% reversible. I used a diamond sanding bit on my Dremel, and sanded the inside of the tubing pieces until they fit tightly.

5. Next I applied a very thin coating of rubber cement on the nozzles, and then pressed the new nozzles on. Rubber cement will create a seal and extra strength to holding the nozzles on, but it is totally removable if I choose to do so.

6. This step is optional. The new nozzles are 6.0mm OD (the stock Blon nozzles are 5.4mm). So most tips fit the new nozzles VERY tightly. I have had no problem with the tips coming off. But just in case, I made a nozzle lip out of a thin slice of heat shrink tubing.

7. Install whatever tip you prefer, and viola.

The nozzles look REALLY long, but trust me they are not as long as they seem in the photos. It's more of an optical illusion. Again, they are only 3mm longer than stock. You can see the real change here:
'

Of course, you can make the nozzles any length you want depending on your individual ear anatomy. I think 2.0mm or 3.0mm longer would be perfect to solve fit issues for 99% of people.

Also, before anyone asks, no I did not notice any sound changes with the new nozzles at all. The reason is that I was already using tips with a really long core, PLUS keyboard o-rings as spacers. When I measured the original setup, it was already sticking out 3.0mm beyond the end of the stock nozzle. So that is why there was no sound change. The advantage I have now with the longer nozzle, is that I can use SHORTER tips (like Whirlwinds or whatever) and it will fit the same as the long tips+spacers. I could not do that before.

awesome.gif

Nov 22, 2019 at 8:49 PM Post #1,333 of 6,129
Unfortunately, I think most laymen consumers who don't know how to tiproll +/- have spare cables on hand will not give the BL-03 a second look after they try them OOTB with stock tips. I do recommend the BL-03 to my friends, but only to the more experienced folks who know what tiprolling is.

I heard the newer pouch type BL-03s come with a different set of tips (grey?). The newer tips are supposedly quite spinfit like with a slightly longer nozzle. I got the first batch of BL-03s with the lame sack cloth pouch and even lamer eartips, so I can't verify this. Maybe the others who got the newer pouch accessories can feedback?

@Slater if u sold this on Black Friday as a BLON Pro or MK2 or whatever u name it, people will snap it up like hotcakes!
20191122_133516.jpg

The one on the right is the stock tips that came w mine.

Nov 22, 2019 at 9:34 PM Post #1,334 of 6,129
Ear guides removed using tiny scissors, on the blon's stock cable (my nails hurt...15 min of pain) and the KZ silver/copper one (takes 30 seconds due to the soft plastic: small incision, and pull! eassssyy!).

Definitely worth it as the Blons do well worn-down, but with the tips I am using, insertion might be better over ear.

I got confused with polarity because I did not pay attention. I thought it would be a straightfoward task (one way works, the other doesn't), but I think I got it right!

A very versatile IEM in terms of shape! If I were BLON, I would ship them with ear guides as an option.

Last edited:
Nov 22, 2019 at 9:44 PM Post #1,335 of 6,129
Ear guides removed using tiny scissors, on the blon's stock cable (my nails hurt...15 min of pain) and the KZ silver/copper one (takes 30 seconds due to the soft plastic: small incision, and pull! eassssyy!).

Definitely worth it as the Blons do well worn-down, but with the tips I am using, insertion might be better over ear.

I got confused with polarity because I did not pay attention. I thought it would be a straightfoward task (one way works, the other doesn't), but I think I got it right!

A very versatile IEM in terms of shape! If I were BLON, I would ship them with ear guides as an option.
Anyway to be sure about stickting a 2 pin one way or another, the proper way?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back